The Student Room Group

SQA Post Your Results! (9th August 2016)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Higherdude
I suppose. I got a nice shock today with Computing Science. I thought I completely screwed it up haha.

That's the way exams go - you can never really tell how you've done until the results appear.
I got 3 A's and 2 B's!

N5 English : Predicted Grade - B / Actual Grade - A
N5 French : Predicted Grade - A / Actual Grade - A
N5 Music : Predicted Grade - A / Actual Grade - A
N5 Mathematics : Predicted Grade - C / Actual Grade - B
N5 Drama : Predicted Grade - A / Actual Grade - B

I'm really pleased with my results! I'm surprised I managed a B in Maths, considering the state of my exam, but I am really happy it went well! I'm also surprised at an A in English, I didn't think I did hugely well in it, but it turns out I was better than I thought! To think about all of the worrying I've done over the last few weeks, "I'm going to fail!", "I'll probably get a C or D in Maths", "OMG, I'll have to do N5 Maths again :-(", I should have just been more confident in my abilities. I'm glad I studied really hard in Maths, and even though it wasn't an A, I'm delighted with a B! Drama was slightly lower than I'd hoped for, but it doesn't bother me, because I know I did my best in both of the exams (performance and written). I was really happy with French and Music, my two favourite subjects (as you can tell). I was also really lucky to have brilliant teachers, who were instrumental in getting me where I wanted to be; especially my Maths teacher, who spent *literally* hours photocopying Practice Papers and Past Papers for us all to study with, without her I probably would have failed Maths this year!

Congratulations and Well Done to Everyone! I hope you all got what you wanted!
Original post by DanielCampbell
I got 3 A's and 2 B's!

I'm really pleased with my results! I'm surprised I managed a B in Maths, considering the state of my exam, but I am really happy it went well! I'm also surprised at an A in English, I didn't think I did hugely well in it, but it turns out I was better than I thought! To think about all of the worrying I've done over the last few weeks, "I'm going to fail!", "I'll probably get a C or D in Maths", "OMG, I'll have to do N5 Maths again :-(", I should have just been more confident in my abilities. I'm glad I studied really hard in Maths, and even though it wasn't an A, I'm delighted with a B! Drama was slightly lower than I'd hoped for, but it doesn't bother me, because I know I did my best in both of the exams (performance and written). I was really happy with French and Music, my two favourite subjects (as you can tell). I was also really lucky to have brilliant teachers, who were instrumental in getting me where I wanted to be; especially my Maths teacher, who spent *literally* hours photocopying Practice Papers and Past Papers for us all to study with, without her I probably would have failed Maths this year!

Wow well done for your results and for surpassing your targets in two subjects!!
I got 3 A's and 2 B's!

Congrats :biggrin:
does anyone know if there is a way to find out your banding? (like upper A/lower A) thanks :smile:
I got 3 A's and 2 B's!

Fantastic results - it's so great when you do a bit better than you hoped. Hopefully your confidence will take a boost now.

Sounds like you always do your best and you're well supported by great teachers. Education is working well for you!

I love what you say about 'all the worrying'. We're just putting together an article about that and would love to use that quote. Is that OK?
Reply 106

pretty disappointed with chem, but it probably won't matter too much
i was predicted for an A in all of these except maths (my teacher thought i'd get a C)
For those of you interested in grade boundaries it turns out the file has been uploaded on the sqa website they've just not listed the url bc they're morons

https://www.sqa.org.uk/sqa/files_ccc/Grade_Boundaries_2016.xls
Original post by WithoutMuchHope
For those of you interested in grade boundaries it turns out the file has been uploaded on the sqa website they've just not listed the url bc they're morons

https://www.sqa.org.uk/sqa/files_ccc/Grade_Boundaries_2016.xls

Thanks for linking this haha!

Bio and English were only 66%ish for an A at AH ! 😮

Quite intrigued to find out my breakdowns now 👀
predicted / actual (highers)
English: B / A
Geography: A / C
Maths: A / B
Music: A / A
Physics: B / A

maths I was expecting because I had an anxiety attack in the second paper and it completely knocked me :smile:)
geography I'm very confused about however, I'll hopefully get a remark because I've no idea what went wrong
buzzed about physics and English

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CaitlinN15
Hi I'm an A-level student so unfortunately ive got just over a week to wait still aha. Just want to say good luck to everyone who are still awaiting their results and well done to everyone who has got their results Im proud of you all and dont let the letters determine your ability. Im so nervous for next week aha hopefully going to study MH nursing at RGU or Edinburgh Napier, if anyone on here is studying there I would love to hear from you :-) WELL DONE EVERYONE

Hello again! :smile: I'm in the same boat! :biggrin: I was just reading this and then I was like 'they're next week!?!?!?!' I know that it is the 18th but 9 days seems so long compared to saying a week :rolf: I better get my money in check as I'm obviously gonna need to start a new life in the mountains with a pet goat :rofl:
I was expecting fails so for me this is good. Also got my uni place confirmed for nursing

Higher English - C
Higher Psychology - C
Higher Human Biology - C
Original post by ChloeBarnes30
I was expecting fails so for me this is good. Also got my uni place confirmed for nursing

Higher English - C
Higher Psychology - C
Higher Human Biology - C

Fantastic results, congratulations!
where is everyone who are just 6th year leavers heading?
I did 7 nationals 5's and I got all A's!
Reply 115
Original post by studycloud
does anyone know if there is a way to find out your banding? (like upper A/lower A) thanks :smile:

Think the school can tell u

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey everyone. Wow, everyone has such amazing results! I'm so proud of everyone, everyone's worked so hard to be where they are today and all that hard work has paid off! Good luck for the future everyone! If anyone has any questions regarding UCAS or Clearing just quote me or PM me! Hope everyone has a fantastic day celebrating :biggrin:
Original post by eve_4342
I did 7 nationals 5's and I got all A's!

Same here! Looks like we both ended up getting the A for chem then
I got
Higher Maths- A
Higher physics- C
Higher biology- B
Higher Business Management- B
Higher Accounting- A

I was pretty certain that I got an A in Biology and Business management as the exam went soo well. I want to study Accounting and finance at University but now it seems like i can no longer get into a good uni for the course. I put in so much effort into my exams and got so little out of it.
Original post by stormqwd
I got
Higher Maths- A
Higher physics- C
Higher biology- B
Higher Business Management- B
Higher Accounting- A

I was pretty certain that I got an A in Biology and Business management as the exam went soo well. I want to study Accounting and finance at University but now it seems like i can no longer get into a good uni for the course. I put in so much effort into my exams and got so little out of it.

Lots of people are in the same boat as you are. In fact, I missed my entry requirement by 1 grade but I still have another year to go at school so hopefully I'll make up for it somehow. You still have amazing grades, do you have a plan B? Are there any other courses you are interested in?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending