The Student Room Group

Applied to wilkinsons

Last week i applied to Wilkinson and my application has been in process for nearly 2 weeks as i applied last monday. I had emailed Wilkinsons resources team but have come to realise that they only reply in the morning. I emailed them today at 10am after receiving an email from them at 8am askinf what store i have applied for however they have not replied back.
If you need to find things out then using the phone and talking to a real person is better. E-mail has its place, but soemtimes it doesnt get you an answer as fast as you would like.
Original post by USP143
Last week i applied to Wilkinson and my application has been in process for nearly 2 weeks as i applied last monday. I had emailed Wilkinsons resources team but have come to realise that they only reply in the morning. I emailed them today at 10am after receiving an email from them at 8am askinf what store i have applied for however they have not replied back.

Then reply back to that email or if you want to hear back quicker maybe give resources team a call and ask them what stage your application is at
Hi, former employee of Wilkinson's here. They receive a lot of applications so may take some time to get back to you. They rang me and invited me to a group interview so I would suggest giving them a call. I wouldn't worry though, in general they're pretty good at getting in touch from what I've experienced.

Good luck with the job application :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Pinkberry_y
Then reply back to that email or if you want to hear back quicker maybe give resources team a call and ask them what stage your application is at

Decided to phone the store turns out the manager was on holiday and only he can process the applications. A day later the recruitment department said that a lot of applications came through to my chosen store so they were processing it still.
Reply 5
Original post by queenofmirkwood
Hi, former employee of Wilkinson's here. They receive a lot of applications so may take some time to get back to you. They rang me and invited me to a group interview so I would suggest giving them a call. I wouldn't worry though, in general they're pretty good at getting in touch from what I've experienced.

Good luck with the job application :smile:

I gave the store a call and the lady on the phone said that the manager is on holiday and he deals with the job applications. A day later i got a email from recruitment saying that the store has received many applications and are processing them.
The same thing happened with WHSmith although it was 2 months +. I just withdrew my application - they can keep their 4 quid an hour.
Reply 7
Original post by surina16
The same thing happened with WHSmith although it was 2 months +. I just withdrew my application - they can keep their 4 quid an hour.

Mine said the manager was on holiday then recruitment emailed saying applications are still being processed. Which confused me
Reply 8
anyone be kind and give me answers for WILKO questions

Quick Reply

Latest