The Student Room Group

Maths year 11

Scroll to see replies

Nope. Still not from the north line. Ignore his diagram as his 300 bearing label makes it confusing.
Original post by z_o_e
Isn't this the same as mine?

I didn't have enough space so I go 5

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is the correct bearing clearly shown. Honestly, just measure them all from the north, I don't understand why you always measure them from the path.

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1470679418.985340.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)

Close, it needs to be straight like the first one you did.
Reply 823
Original post by RDKGames
This is the correct bearing clearly shown. Honestly, just measure them all from the north, I don't understand why you always measure them from the path.

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1470679418.985340.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh
Right thanks

So every angle needs a north Li e

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by z_o_e
Oh
Right thanks

So every angle needs a north Li e

Posted from TSR Mobile

Every POINT needs a north line, then you measure from the north line AROUND that point. You get the idea.
Reply 825
Every POINT needs a north line, then you measure from the north line AROUND that point. You get the idea.

Yeppp

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 826

You see I don't get these.

Like what do they mean from pinto to carling?

What Part of it do I measure?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by z_o_e
You see I don't get these.

Like what do they mean from pinto to carling?

What Part of it do I measure?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Measure the bearing from the North line of Pinton to the line which leads to Carling. That's all.

A from B means you measure around B.
Reply 828
Measure the bearing from the North line of Pinton to the line which leads to Carling. That's all.

A from B means you measure around B.

I forgot I had another sheet to do.

I'll do that right after this.

Btw is this correct.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by z_o_e
I forgot I had another sheet to do.

I'll do that right after this.

Btw is this correct.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Diagram is correct but check the length of the first line and the bearing for the second, you got the numbers wrong.

Yeah those look right.
Reply 832
Diagram is correct but check the length of the first line and the bearing for the second, you got the numbers wrong.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay you have the right idea from now but you label things wrong xD

Firstly, that angle is NOT 300, the arc should go the other way around. That angle there is 60, and that's not a bearing.

Secondly, you're a bit off with the second part of the journey because that doesn't look like a 240 bearing. And clearly so because if that diagram were true, then the bearing of 240 would be the same as the bearing of 300 due to the straight line!

That's right. But you label the lines as 5km and 3km? I think you mean 5cm and 3cm because you cant mix both :tongue:

Same for the previous one.
Reply 838
That's right. But you label the lines as 5km and 3km? I think you mean 5cm and 3cm because you cant mix both :tongue:

Same for the previous one.

I corrected this

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by z_o_e
I corrected this

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mostly. That still doesn't look like a 240 bearing. What you've drawn looks more like a 300 bearing...

For the second image, I'm not sure why you drew the north line at the bottom... well... not quite north xD

Quick Reply

Latest