The Student Room Group

GLS training contract application

Scroll to see replies

Hey! I've made an application to the GLS this year and was really determined to do well in the psychometric tests. I don't know if I've passed my VR test, but I did some practice for the Critical Reasoning Test just in case as I'm going away on holiday.

Basically, I've been doing some practice over the last couple of says and feel like I'm not getting any better. On top of this, I've been trying to
improve my scores for my Watson Glaser tests, but just can't. Is anyone else struggling to do well? I feel really disappointed because it seems like whatever I do, I can't get any better.

Sorry for the 'woe is me' post and wish you guys luck for your tests!
Reply 41
Has anyone heard anything? I'm constantly refreshing my emails. Not holding out much hope now. It's getting late...
Reply 42
Original post by Galf
Has anyone heard anything? I'm constantly refreshing my emails. Not holding out much hope now. It's getting late...

Same here. Nothing.
Reply 43
Original post by divamk
Same here. Nothing.

Aren't we meant to hear by 2?
Reply 44
Original post by dbdb
Aren't we meant to hear by 2?

where did you hear that? on their website it just says PM
Does anyone know if you the GLS let you know if you've been rejected after failing the VR test?
Reply 46
Original post by Law_hopeful2016
Does anyone know if you the GLS let you know if you've been rejected after failing the VR test?

Yes. I've just spoken to them and they advised that they have not yet released any results. You will get an email regardless of whether you passed or failed.
Original post by divamk
Yes. I've just spoken to them and they advised that they have not yet released any results. You will get an email regardless of whether you passed or failed.

Thanks so much :smile:
Reply 48
Original post by divamk

I don't suppose they gave you any idea of a time they were likely to know by, did they?
Reply 49
Original post by LawMe
I don't suppose they gave you any idea of a time they were likely to know by, did they?

They didn't, no. They did say that they were experiencing delays checking that the results contained no errors though.
Didn't managed to pass the VR test. :frown: Oh well, onwards and upwards! Will try again next year and practice these tests. :smile:
anyone else heard?
Reply 52
Original post by clockingin1994
anyone else heard?

Nope, I haven't!
Original post by LawMe
Nope, I haven't!

same here:frown:
Reply 54
Original post by Law_hopeful2016
Didn't managed to pass the VR test. :frown: Oh well, onwards and upwards! Will try again next year and practice these tests. :smile:

Same here 😢 need to practice for next year!
Not heard anything either, but I think they send out invitations to next round then do the rejections... :frown: hopefully I'm wrong...
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 56
Still waiting
Reply 57
Original post by nens21
Still waiting

Me too! Has anyone had/heard of anyone with a positive response yet?
Reply 58
Original post by LawMe
Me too! Has anyone had/heard of anyone with a positive response yet?

I spoke to someone in recruitment earlier today (albeit, he didn't really seem to know what he was talking about as he said results would be out tomorrow and I had to correct him), but he said they usually inform unsuccessful candidates first, so if you're still waiting, it could be good news. Fingers crossed for you all. Good luck!
Original post by Galf
I spoke to someone in recruitment earlier today (albeit, he didn't really seem to know what he was talking about as he said results would be out tomorrow and I had to correct him), but he said they usually inform unsuccessful candidates first, so if you're still waiting, it could be good news. Fingers crossed for you all. Good luck!

Ooo well thats positive

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending