The Student Room Group

Physician Associate Studies 2017

Hi,

Is anyone doing the Physician Associate Studies Jan 2017 at Plymouth? I accepted my offer a couple of months ago :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by Lucy997
Hi,

Is anyone doing the Physician Associate Studies Jan 2017 at Plymouth? I accepted my offer a couple of months ago :smile:

Hi
I have an interview next week. Congrats on getting a place!! How was the interview? and what have they said about funding?
Reply 2
Original post by Ruric
Hi
I have an interview next week. Congrats on getting a place!! How was the interview? and what have they said about funding?

Thanks :smile: the interview wasn't too bad as long as you research as much as you can about the profession. I was due to have my sponsorship interview last week but they've delayed them as they're doing more interviews for the courses.
Good luck!
Reply 3
Thanks for the advice too, i will be sure to know everything the PA role covers!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by student10102
Hello
I'm currently doing this course at peninsula medical school and my only piece of advice is to apply to another Uni. I hear St. George's has a good PA course. The medical school was not ready for this course to start. It's extremely unorganised, there is an exceptional lack of teaching hours, and most of the tutors responsible for getting you through the course could not care less how your doing.

I've come up with just a few reasons here;

1) I've had tutor meetings organised to discuss 2,000 words essays I've spent days completing, only to find out on arrival that they had no idea they should have read and marked it by now, so quickly spends less than 30 seconds flicking through it and then gives the most pathetic feedback you have ever heard 'Yep looks good to me, well done'.

2) At peninsula medical school there is also a clinical skills lab, however, despite every single medical school student being able to book slots online, we have not been given this privilege, and they are often given priority over us.

3) We have also had 50+ hours of teaching cancelled and not rescheduled.

4) Despite the university being extremely strict on our deadlines (understandably), they are allowed to release exam results 2 weeks later than originally planned.

5) Many placements that are organised for us are completely oblivious to the fact that we should be attending, need guidance and teaching.

6) The course was advertised to us as a Master's course....great....but again the lack of organisation meant it wasn't doable for our year, and therefore we will have to pay extra to do it out of our own pocket. So we just come out with a PgDip.

7) There is a massive lack of preparation in place for both OSCE finals and general competencies throughout the year. Any type of failure leads to this...

8) Remediation...it involves: 'Ok so that score wasn't so great....were you having a bad day?...ok so you'll try harder next time?...great, best of luck'...super super helpful!

I could just keep going like this forever but hopefully you switched off at point 5 and instantly cancelled your application. I'm hoping you did anyway. Best of luck with future applications. It's a good role, and i'm sure you'll love it, but this course will only make you hate yourself for 2 solid years.

Hope this helps...Student10102

Doesn't really help no... seen as this post started with me saying I had accepted my offer.
Hi guys,
Has anyone applied to this programme, which is due to start this Jan? and do you know what UKCAT score is considered for the interview? I believe the deadline was Oct 15th. Thanks!
Hello I am starting the pa course at Plymouth jan 18. I have my sponsorship interviews tomorrow. Any tips ?
Reply 7
Hi guys, I wad wondering do any of you know how many places the PA course at plymouth have? Thinking of applying after my nursing degree!Thank you
Original post by Claryt
Hi guys, I wad wondering do any of you know how many places the PA course at plymouth have? Thinking of applying after my nursing degree!Thank you

they vary according to the year but usually around 20 spaces.

Quick Reply

Latest