The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by James.Carnell
Who cares if Man Utd spent over £100m ? The point is that they showed the power to be a galactico club and the fact that they can attract the best while playing in the Europa League is only a sign of the future. They are too big to truly fall like Liverpool did. However, I think people expecting CL and multiple league titles will be disappointed.

I am tired of the £100m fee being mentioned as ridiculous, its the market and the market dictates the value.

Nah mate being a club that routinely gets mugged off dictated the value here
(edited 7 years ago)
Excited that we have a new marque player but FOGBA (fraud + Pogba :wink: ) still has a lot of proving to do. Not convinced with his quality but it adds a new dimension to our game.

Hopefully Fellani goes!
Shout out to my man fergie for playing Fabio or his twin (who gives a ****) and this 88m+ exercise. Don. GOAT.
(edited 7 years ago)
Sir Edward Gareth Woodward has outdone himself again.

Spoiler

Original post by Jimmy Seville
Atrocious club tbh, your fanbase is doing a bigger 180 this summer than Phil the Power Taylor.

Most hypocritical ******s on twitter tbh - worse than Arsenal twitter.

#rustled #salty

Thoughts on...

Spoiler

?

#Hypocrisy
Atrocious club tbh, your fanbase is doing a bigger 180 this summer than Phil the Power Taylor.

#rustled #salty

...Oh you're still here....

#rustled #salty

I'll be quoting this in a weeks time when we lose to Liverpool, Arsenal twitter goes into meltdown and you come on our thread to tell us how our fanbase is the most cancerous, noncey, hypocritical fanbase. :wink:
Original post by Dirtybit
Rk, Kenan are all wellll angry

The **** is up with his ears? How can someone with ears like that be worth €100mil? Outrageous.

As someone on the bbc said, at least you got that 7 goal a season midfielder you have been begging for for years...
No.6 confirmed. DM confirmed. WOAT transfer confirmed.
So, let me get this right, the news broke last night, after famous Grime star and life long United fan Stormzy, from Croyden, Manchester released a video confirming the move...

About sums the saga and your club up really

#imsolondonimsosouth
Going to be so funny if Pogba flops alongside Zlatan and Mourinho.
Do you reckon Pogba will start this weekend?
Original post by AmusedDouche
Do you reckon Pogba will start this weekend?

He hasn't even started training post euros.
great signing.

Not so much for how he performs on the pitch, but more so for the status of your club. Huge statement of intent and defense of your position in world football.

I dont think you guys will win the league this year, or get close to the top of the CL for a few seasons or more.. but its a sign that your not going to rely on talent/coming and goings of managers/players.. but your just going to brutally force your way to the top, madrid style, by buying the best, and screwing over any smaller club in the way.
Original post by leinad2012
So, let me get this right, the news broke last night, after famous Grime star and life long United fan Stormzy, from Croyden, Manchester released a video confirming the move...

About sums the saga and your club up really

#imsolondonimsosouth

Saying all this won't change the fact that Vardy used your club to sign a new contract and your marquee signing is Rob Holding
Going to plug my own thread in here :colone:

I've set up a Premier League lounge if you would like to take a gander... it's a sticky at the moment but it depends how popular it is :biggrin:
Pogba is a massive signing, not just for us but for the rest of the PL. Do get the feeling the power balance is starting to tip back into our favour, the TV deal, with Jose, Pep, Klopp, Conte, and now United signing Pogba for a WR fee. The money is here, the managers are here, and he's the first sign that the players could be coming here too. Could be the start of us gaining some ground on La Liga.

Huge statement of intent from us and the first time in a long time we can say we have a game changer in midfield. That midfield is going to be key for us this season, and imo Morgan is going to even more important to the team structure than Pogba. Jose is actually very weak, or perhaps blasé, tactical manager in terms of his midfield set up. While Pogba is brilliant because he is better than most midfielders at pretty much whatever you want him to do, all Jose teams have foundation upon a DM controlling the space in front of the back 4. If that fails, the basis of what are actually quite tactically simple teams, breaks down and will leave us vulnerable particularly against team who can exploit the fact the team is probably going to be fairly weak in terms of structure.
Original post by Dirtybit
Saying all this won't change the fact that Vardy used your club to sign a new contract and your marquee signing is Rob Holding

Of course he did, but it should be Leicester fans who should be pissed about that not us. If he never intended to join us he simply stayed quiet and mugged Leicester out of 50k a week in wages for 4 years. By my maths that totals £10mil that he has mugged them out of :biggrin:

Also lol at saying Holding is our main signing when we have signed Xhaka who was in the Bundesliga TOTY and has looked superb in preseason...
Didn't realise Stones completed his move to City :redface:
At least when teams park the bus on us we have a threat from outside the box.

Pogba =30 yards out = top bins.

Latest