The Student Room Group

Newcastle University London vs Cass Business School (City University London)

I am planning on applying for both of these universities within a month, however, I like being optimistic and I want help on deciding which one I should pick as my first. If I'm going to be honest, rankings do really bother me. Even though I cannot get into lse or oxbridge, I want to be proud when I say I graduated from x university. In general world rankings and uk rankings, Newcastle uni does beat City uni. However, I heard that even though city uni isn't very good, the business school of it is. I am going to apply for Bsc in Accounting and finance for both of the universities. From my research, cass business school is very controversial and it has mixed opinions. On the other hand, newcastle uni is seen as good as it is also a russell group uni. Which uni of the two do you think is better? Please state your valid reasons.
(edited 7 years ago)
Pick the one with the more interesting course from which you'll get the experience and exposure you want.
Original post by alleycat393
Pick the one with the more interesting course from which you'll get the experience and exposure you want.

I am choosing the same courses for both of these universities and the modules seem very similar so your answer doesn't help :/
Original post by mrmrm123
I am choosing the same courses for both of these universities and the modules seem very similar so your answer doesn't help :/

It is highly unlikely that two courses are exactly the same all the way through, that the two unis do exactly the same research (think final year project) and that both unis have exactly the same ties with industry/other unis in terms of placements etc. It's really a question of doing your research and helping yourself.
bump
100% Cass.
cass if you want anything to do with finance
newcastle if you want a good time
Reply 7
hello I’ve applied to both of them as well and I’m waiting for their reply, just wanna ask what was your choice although it’s been quite a while. Thanks
Original post by Chienhye
hello I’ve applied to both of them as well and I’m waiting for their reply, just wanna ask what was your choice although it’s been quite a while. Thanks

I figured accounting and finance wasn't for me so I didn't apply to these uni's for these subjects. Currently studying my first year of Computer Science at Queen Mary.

However, I do believe cass is better for this subject over newcastle university london.

Quick Reply