The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Student403
Isn't results day the 18th

Aren't grade boundaries released the day before though?
Original post by Inexorably
Aren't grade boundaries released the day before though?

Yes, AS and A level grade boundaries are released the day before :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Naveed Rahman
When do grade boundaries get released?
There is no exact time for when grade boundaries are released. However, they are often released a day or so before results.

AQA say 8am on Wednesday the 17th they will release grade boundaries to everyone.
Original post by smegsxo
AQA say 8am on Wednesday the 17th they will release grade boundaries to everyone.

Have you got a link?
If, say, you did not meet your uni offer and your uni rejected you on UCAS track, but you applied for a remark and the grade changed - could the uni reverse its rejection or is this permanent?
Original post by Naveed Rahman
anyone who did psychology aqa a, I need the anxiety therapy right about now.

😂 same!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aquaxo
If, say, you did not meet your uni offer and your uni rejected you on UCAS track, but you applied for a remark and the grade changed - could the uni reverse its rejection or is this permanent?

Yes - if a remark results in you meeting your offer then UCAS and the universities can reverse a rejection.

It is VERY important to notify universities ASAP if this is a possibility - some universities will honour the place but only for deferred entry while others will bend over backwards to get you in this year.

The more you keep your university in the loop and updated the more likely they are to be helpful.
Original post by smegsxo
Aqa tweeted that grade boundaries have been set...it's coming!!:redface:

I wonder what the boundaries will be for Sociology
Original post by xxvine

Same!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by xxvine

I'm very intrigued about the A2 boundaries for sociology given how many seemed to dislike scly4

SCLY4 was horrible

Not even confident for SCLY3
Original post by xxvine
SCLY4 was horrible

Before summer I started the content and it's a bit hard to grasp. Hopefully as we do more it'll start to make sense :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's probably nowhere near as bad as you think - don't loose all hope until you get the results. I had similar doubts about sociology when I did my A2 exams, nearly ran out of time (never happens to me), strange questions etc etc but was pleasantly surprised come results day. Try to stay positive - it's not over yet! :smile:
Original post by xxvine
SCLY4 was horrible

EEK down to single figures!! Nerves have definitely kicked in!
Okay, so I wasn't overly nervous about results until today - my college called and said they might want me to be interviewed by a news channel on the day showing my results. And there's a very good chance I've got a U in one of my subjects, and my driving test is the day before results...somebody kill me now...
Original post by OwlMagic153
Okay, so I wasn't overly nervous about results until today - my college called and said they might want me to be interviewed by a news channel on the day showing my results. And there's a very good chance I've got a U in one of my subjects, and my driving test is the day before results...somebody kill me now...

I'm sure you haven't got an U at all!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Whoa, if your college thinks you've got good enough results to be on TV, you probably have :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Its so easy to over panic before results, but trust me the worrying isnt going to change anything, most people think they have done terribly and i really hope on results day your grades are what you wanted and more (im sure they will be). Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
wait, is it possible that schools have received our results?!

Quick Reply

Latest