The Student Room Group

AQA AS Philosophy (new 2014 onwards spec) Thread!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Inexorably
Those essays are for AS though :frown:

The specimen papers for ethics and philosophy of mind are for A2. Otherwise, I haven't seen any other essays for A2 yet. Hopefully the exam board will release some more this year.
Original post by clucky_chick
The specimen papers for ethics and philosophy of mind are for A2. Otherwise, I haven't seen any other essays for A2 yet. Hopefully the exam board will release some more this year.

The specimen papers for ethics and philosophy of mind are for A2. :smile:

Yeah it's an example essay I need though, not the specimen papers! :tongue:
---
Oh nvm I saw you replied to that.
Yeah it's an example essay I need though, not the specimen papers! :tongue:
---
Oh nvm I saw you replied to that.

No problem. Yes, I think that has been one of the most difficult parts at being one of the first to go through the new specifications, as we have no samples of anything! I think it will be the same sort of structure as the 15 markers, but it will just have a few more arguments added in? :smile:
No problem. Yes, I think that has been one of the most difficult parts at being one of the first to go through the new specifications, as we have no samples of anything! I think it will be the same sort of structure as the 15 markers, but it will just have a few more arguments added in? :smile:

I think it'll be more difficult than that unfortunately D; Just a worry.
I think it'll be more difficult than that unfortunately D; Just a worry.

Hmmm... I see what you mean just looking at that mark scheme. I'm sure we will soon find out. I don't know how I will complete 2x 3 markers, 4x 5 markers, 2x 12 markers, and 2x 25 markers in just three hours though! :O
Hmmm... I see what you mean just looking at that mark scheme. I'm sure we will soon find out. I don't know how I will complete 2x 3 markers, 4x 5 markers, 2x 12 markers, and 2x 25 markers in just three hours though! :O

Hey :smile: What grade did you achieve in the end?

Same goes for anyone else who did AS Philosophy this year.
[QUOTE=Inexorably;67075502]Hey :smile: What grade did you achieve in the end?

Same goes for anyone else who did AS Philosophy this year.

D :frown:
Original post by zprcampbell99
D :frown:

Do you know what anyone else in your class has achieved?

I was predicted A/B and got C so don't be too disheartened, philosophy is really hard to do 'well' in :frown:
I was predicted an A, and got a very low B. I am only just over the grade boundary for a B. I am thinking of getting a copyscript tomorrow and going through the paper with my teacher to see whether I should re-mark or retake. I really wanted an A - so unfair!
Do you know what anyone else in your class has achieved?

I was predicted A/B and got C so don't be too disheartened, philosophy is really hard to do 'well' in :frown:

I was predicted an A, and got a very low B. I am only just over the grade boundary for a B. I am thinking of getting a copyscript tomorrow and going through the paper with my teacher to see whether I should re-mark or retake. I really wanted an A - so unfair!
No I don't because I was only with one other person

Ah that's a shame for you but a B is still a really good grade! :smile:
Ah that's a shame for you but a B is still a really good grade! :smile:

Thank you - you have done so well too! Yeah, they must have been marking really strictly. Everyone I have spoken to got a lower mark than their expected grade. :/
Does anyone have any dope philosophy resources? Teachers really ill and we're self teaching, really stressing me out haha
Original post by Do it Right
Does anyone have any dope philosophy resources? Teachers really ill and we're self teaching, really stressing me out haha

What do you need man, just notes or what?
Original post by Revision.
What do you need man, just notes or what?

I'd appreciate anything you have tbh, notes would be brill
Reply 137
Hi, I just wrote a book that will help you, it's called "How to write any essay and get a top mark! Or How to Hack the Religious Studies, Ethics or Philosophy A-level (& Politics and Other Essay) Exams…and get an A*!" For AQA, OCR, and Edexcel, New and Old courses! Unit/Course/Specification codes: 7061, 7062, 2060, 7171, 7172, 2175, H172, H572, H173, H573, 8RS01, 9RS01, 8RS0, 9RS0 and many more! Available on Amazon and all major outlets!

"This is such a useful book for all students of A level Religious Studies, Philosophy and Ethics. The style is student friendly and accessible, and the author brings to it his experience as a teacher and examiner. The highly practical approach is exactly what students need to negotiate the minefield of exam preparation and practice equipped with straightforward, realistic advice." Sarah K Tyler

Original post by 221Breezeblocks
Hi everyone,

I thought I'd make this thread for anyone currently studying for AQA AS Philosophy.

Note that this is the course that is one 3 hour exam and studies Epistemology (perception, knowledge etc) and Philosophy of Religion (attributes of God, arguments for his existence etc).

The exam is on the 19th May ahhhh!

Feel free to discuss anything about it!! I'm certainly looking for people to go over things with ....

2017 UPDATE:
I'm back to revive this thread! This year's AS exam date: Thurs 18th May PM
(edited 6 years ago)
How did you do last year?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending