The Student Room Group

SQA Post Your Results! (9th August 2016)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sameehaiqbal
Lots of people are in the same boat as you are. In fact, I missed my entry requirement by 1 grade but I still have another year to go at school so hopefully I'll make up for it somehow. You still have amazing grades, do you have a plan B? Are there any other courses you are interested in?

The problem is that I have no plan B. For as long as I can remember I have always wanted to study the course
Next year if I mess up this bad then thats me done.
Higher English - A
Higher Engineering - A
Higher Maths - A
Higher Computing - A
Higher Physics - A

Pretty chuffed :P
Reply 122
Original post by stormqwd
The problem is that I have no plan B. For as long as I can remember I have always wanted to study the course
Next year if I mess up this bad then thats me done.

Your grades are decent, see if you can find another maths related course at a uni you like, since you don't need to study A&F to work in finance (assuming thats your goal)
Original post by Oberdiah
Higher English - A
Higher Engineering - A
Higher Maths - A
Higher Computing - A
Higher Physics - A

Pretty chuffed :P

And you deserve to be chuffed! What are you doing next year?
Am I the only person still waiting :frown:
GREAT SERVICE FROM THE ROYAL MAIL!!! WENT TO MY LETTERBOX TO DISCOVER MY CERTIFICATE HAD BEEN BENT AND SHOVED THROUGH THE LETTERBOX AND IT WAS SOAKING WET AS IT LOOKED LIKE IT HAD BEEN DROPPED IN A PUDDLE OR SOMETHING. CLEARLY SAYS DO NOT BEND ON THE ENVELOPE SO WHY CAN'T THE ROYAL MAIL DO THEIR JOB PROPERLY? NOW WHAT, DO I PAY £40 FOR A NEW CERTIFICATE? ABSOLUTELY DISAPPOINTED AND LET DOWN!!!

Can't even see my results. Good thing I signed up for text and email.

Rant.
Original post by The Learn Ranger
And you deserve to be chuffed! What are you doing next year?

AH Physics, Maths, Computing, Mechanics

Was going to take AH English too, but the school coursed it at the same time as AH maths -_-
Original post by Ethan100

Don't worry mate, they'll be hear in no time God willing.

They'll be here soon, the mail is probably running a bit late.
Hopefully it's not drenched and ripped like mine was.
Reply 129
Still waiting for mine. Getting quite anxious as the post usually comes at 11!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ACz09
Still waiting for mine. Getting quite anxious as the post usually comes at 11!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same and its 2pm now...

Why did I not sign up for mysqa :frown:
Well now that I've regathered my senses...

I think I said that I got 6 A's and 2 B's earlier at Nat 5

SUBJ. - PREDICTED - ACTUAL
Admin - A - A
Biology - A - B
Chemistry - B - B
English - C - A
French - A - A
Maths - B - A
Moddies - A - A
Music - A - A

I'm really glad that I improved on Chemistry (I barely passed the prelim at 55%) and that I got some really amazing surprises for my English and Maths exams :biggrin: Kinda feeling a bit let down about Biology but a B is still fine, as it will take me to Higher :smile:

I'm so glad for you all, by the way. :biggrin: My nerves didn't let me down when they told me to stay up all night!

I'll now move on to take Higher Bio, Chem, English, Maths and Music
I got the grades I needed for my course and got a letter from uni, dated 5th August in the post along with my results, confirming my place is now unconditional. Very happy bunny this morning. Congratulations to everyone and best of luck to all the English students waiting for their results day 👍
Same and its 2pm now...

Have you got them yet?
Same and its 2pm now...

I dont know mine either. i couldn't hear the postman, because i was still asleep at 11 0 clock. Looks like i will have to go to the post office tomorrow.
How do I find out what band my grades are without going to my school?
Reply 136
I just phoned the sqa number and asked for my grades over the phone. Turns out i got 4A 1B at highers. Really chuffed !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gwagon
How do I find out what band my grades are without going to my school?

You can phone your school up and they might tell you over the phone as schools are open today.
@Ethan100 if you still haven't got your results then do what acz09 did and just phone the sqa and ask them.
Original post by A+Hunter
@Ethan100 if you still haven't got your results then do what acz09 did and just phone the sqa and ask them.

Yeah or phone your school @Ethan100

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending