The Student Room Group

What is the most exhilarating thing you've done?

Is there anything that has made you feel like:

Before feeling like:

(The expression, not feeling like Donald Trump :colone:)

In my own experience, it has to be scuba-diving. I was really scared that I would somehow drown or something but it was honestly one of the best experiences in my life - although I think the pressure may have mucked up my hearing :redface:

The silence is such a strange experience though.. I found it hard to focus as I could just hear myself breathing!

Scroll to see replies

The first thing that comes to mind was going on Apocalypse at Drayton Manor (standing side). I was really nervous beforehand, but it felt amazing afterwards when I'd managed to face my fears! :biggrin:
Reply 2
I've lived a pretty sheltered and boring life so driving a car at 60mph on the bypass for the first time during a driving lesson was probably the most exhilarating thing I've done to be honest :colondollar: :laugh:
Reply 3
Original post by Leviathan1741
The first thing that comes to mind was going on Apocalypse at Drayton Manor (standing side). I was really nervous beforehand, but it felt amazing afterwards when I'd managed to face my fears! :biggrin:

Yeah roller coasters are always one of those things I'm like,

Before: I reallllllly don't want to go on this, please don't make me

During: HOLY MOTHER OF HELLLLLL

After: Again again! :biggrin:

But Apocalypse looks scary :colondollar: Good job on facing your fears though!

Original post by Spock's Socks
I've lived a pretty sheltered and boring life so driving a car at 60mph on the bypass for the first time during a driving lesson was probably the most exhilarating thing I've done to be honest :colondollar: :laugh:

:lol: No that's a good one! I can't wait to learn to drive :moon: I'm not really a thrill seeker, I'm forced into doing things by people :colondollar: Is there anything you want to do in the near future that you would deem 'exhilarating'?
Reply 4
Original post by PugDevil

:lol: No that's a good one! I can't wait to learn to drive :moon: I'm not really a thrill seeker, I'm forced into doing things by people :colondollar: Is there anything you want to do in the near future that you would deem 'exhilarating'?
I'd love to skydive but I am a big scaredy cat :colondollar:
Reply 5
Original post by Spock's Socks
I'd love to skydive but I am a big scaredy cat :colondollar:

Ohhhh I'm doing that next year :lol: RIP my heart after I jump out :frown: You should do it! :biggrin:
I've jumped off the top of this.

It was pretty bloody scary considering I used to have a fear of heights and it looks so high up from the top and they make you walk/run and jump off the edge instead of just jumping from the edge but I've done it a number of times and I'm so glad I did. It's the weirdest thing ever because you feel like you're jumping to your death and as if jumping wasn't scary enough you have to land on your back. Not enough of these around to visit! :frown:

Haha, I'm like that too! Although I usually don't want to go on whatever the ride/coaster was again, once is enough most of the time :tongue:

Thanks! :biggrin:
Reply 8
Original post by FightToWin
I've jumped off the top of this.

It was pretty bloody scary considering I used to have a fear of heights and it looks so high up from the top and they make you walk/run and jump off the edge instead of just jumping from the edge but I've done it a number of times and I'm so glad I did. It's the weirdest thing ever because you feel like you're jumping to your death and as if jumping wasn't scary enough you have to land on your back. Not enough of these around to visit! :frown:

Oh damn, that does look pretty high! I think the worst thing is the wait/anticipation for the jump or whatever! I remember having to do abseiling on a windy and rainy day and that was the worst...

That falling feeling is indeed quite numbing and scary! But that's really good to see that you've conquered your fears :biggrin:
Reply 9

Jealous that you've been to Dubai... jealous you've skydived in Dubai :tongue:
Oh damn, that does look pretty high! I think the worst thing is the wait/anticipation for the jump or whatever! I remember having to do abseiling on a windy and rainy day and that was the worst...

That falling feeling is indeed quite numbing and scary! But that's really good to see that you've conquered your fears :biggrin:

I went on a weekday and was literally the only one who visited there for the entire day. They inflated the entire thing just for me. I didn't have to wait in a queue or anything (otherwise by the time my turn came around I'd probably have chickened out by then! :redface:) It was just do the practice jumps, up to the top when you've got the landing technique right, then up to the top for the real thing, then straight back up to do it again. Normally you only get three practice jumps and one jump from the top, but since it was just me I think I had to do like 5 practice jumps to get the technique then jumped off the top about 3 or 4 times in quick succession. The staff at that place are amazing :biggrin:
Oh and then there was this at the same place, and this is hands down the most extreme thing I've ever experienced. It was absolutely amazing.

[video]https://youtu.be/QwHnq9YQWKA?t=2m25s[/video]

You can't see in the video how bumpy it is, or how windy the drive is and how sharp the corners are, but if there is one thing you have to do in Ireland it's this. The video doesn't do justice on how good this is. Nothing else in the world like it.
Reply 12
I went on a weekday and was literally the only one who visited there for the entire day. They inflated the entire thing just for me. I didn't have to wait in a queue or anything (otherwise by the time my turn came around I'd probably have chickened out by then! :redface:) It was just do the practice jumps, up to the top when you've got the landing technique right, then up to the top for the real thing, then straight back up to do it again. Normally you only get three practice jumps and one jump from the top, but since it was just me I think I had to do like 5 practice jumps to get the technique then jumped off the top about 3 or 4 times in quick succession. The staff at that place are amazing :biggrin:

Ah that's well cool! I would have just kept doing it over and over again after a while :tongue: Were you allowed to belly flop it? :wink: Whereabouts is it? Just wondering if it is close to me!

Pshhh... five times more than me!! Yeah I can guess the heat is pretty crazy out there - What other exotic places have you visited then? :wink:
Reply 13
Oh and then there was this at the same place, and this is hands down the most extreme thing I've ever experienced. It was absolutely amazing.

[video]https://youtu.be/QwHnq9YQWKA?t=2m25s[/video]

You can't see in the video how bumpy it is, or how windy the drive is and how sharp the corners are, but if there is one thing you have to do in Ireland it's this. The video doesn't do justice on how good this is. Nothing else in the world like it.

That looks insane :lol: I want to go to Ireland now :colone:

This 👍🏼
Cuz I have a fear of heights but it was actually really fun 💖☺️
Ah that's well cool! I would have just kept doing it over and over again after a while :tongue: Were you allowed to belly flop it? :wink: Whereabouts is it? Just wondering if it is close to me!

Well, I mean they couldn't stop you, but I personally wouldnt recommend it if you want to keep all your teeth and your nose facing the right way :h: if that's a sacrifice you're willing to make however, then go for it! It's in Ireland, about 45 minutes away from Belfast by coach.
Reply 16
Well, I mean they couldn't stop you, but I personally wouldnt recommend it if you want to keep all your teeth and your nose facing the right way :h: if that's a sacrifice you're willing to make however, then go for it! It's in Ireland, about 45 minutes away from Belfast by coach.

Okay Ireland is quite far away from Brighton :redface: But I really want to visit there with my girlfriend at some point, so I'm going to note these things down! Thank you for your help :biggrin:

Original post by Reachin4TheStars
This 👍🏼
Cuz I have a fear of heights but it was actually really fun 💖☺️

Zip wires are a lot of fun :biggrin: Not sure if you've ever done something called Go Ape, but that has something right at the end just like that - as long as you're secured properly it should be fine :tongue:
Okay Ireland is quite far away from Brighton :redface: But I really want to visit there with my girlfriend at some point, so I'm going to note these things down! Thank you for your help :biggrin:

Zip wires are a lot of fun :biggrin: Not sure if you've ever done something called Go Ape, but that has something right at the end just like that - as long as you're secured properly it should be fine :tongue:

Nope but I did it in year 5 yup a long long time ago 😂 But we go pushed off and I first I was crying cuz I was really scared but when I did it, it was really fun 👌🏼❤️
I did it in bokelton but the go ape one sounds really cool 😜👍🏼
There was that one time that I was chased by a hermaphrodite prostitute with a knife but I managed to escape (by falling out of a window).

I went on that in Duabi its not exhilarating but it was awesome and relaxing to see the fishes and sharks right next to you

Quick Reply