The Student Room Group

What do you miss the most about your childhood?

Playing with your friends? Being up to no good? Eating ice cream on a hot summer afternoon and not having a care in the world?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
the innocence of it all. not knowing how crappy life is going to be when you grow up and start worrying about everything
Falling off my bike, crying from pain then having to come home and getting beatings for hurting myself.:h:
I missed being popular and social, but im going to change that soo.
My Gameboy Colour
The Immersiveness of Pokémon
Wrestling with my Dad
Weekends at my Grandmas
Walks with my brother and Mom, nobody has the time these days. :frown:
Primary school

Summer holiday mornings watching TNT wrestling followed by the classic Tuesday morning triple bill of top cat my wife and kids and the Adams family

Fox Kids on Sky
Sky Games - beehive bedlam anyone
Playjam
CBBC - Kerching
Not having to watch high school musical in secret as I do these days
Drake and Josh and many other Nick shows
Zack and Cody and many other Disney shows
(edited 7 years ago)
Being happy, despite.
Just being care free and having no responsibilities besides school.
I wish to go back to early school days and discipline few of my teachers.
- being in a well off situation (nice international trips, private international school, moving countries etc)
- my dad being alive
- being care free and oblivious of life
- my friends at the time (they're now all over the world)
- the cartoons
- actually learning something at school not regurgitating nonsense in exams
- when talking to girls was just normal, there were no undertones or anything
- how internationally (probs not economically though aha) diverse my friend group was
- all the cool things our school had (jungle gym, forest trail, reindeer visits, reptile guy that brought weird animals for us to pet, singing/music trips etc)
- the lack of smartphones, when people actually spoke to you rather than a screen
- the spontaneity of everything
- riding outside on my skateboard/ripstik/heelies

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Punching other kids and getting away with it :mmm:

No...I'm joking
Original post by Allie4
the innocence of it all. not knowing how crappy life is going to be when you grow up and start worrying about everything

this is SO true.
Reply 11
Original post by Princepieman
- being in a well off situation (nice international trips, private international school, moving countries etc)
- my dad being alive
- being care free and oblivious of life
- my friends at the time (they're now all over the world)
- the cartoons
- actually learning something at school not regurgitating nonsense in exams
- when talking to girls was just normal, there were no undertones or anything
- how internationally (probs not economically though aha) diverse my friend group was
- all the cool things our school had (jungle gym, forest trail, reindeer visits, reptile guy that brought weird animals for us to pet, singing/music trips etc)
- the lack of smartphones, when people actually spoke to you rather than a screen
- the spontaneity of everything
- riding outside on my skateboard/ripstik/heelies

Posted from TSR Mobile

I miss my papa being in good health and every weekend me, my gran and papa would go for a drive and they would let me sit in the front and play all my CDs which ranged from pop to metal and they just sat there laughing away at my songs and we would go for a drive to a beach or some place we would get chips and ice cream. I'll never forget those memories with my grandparents and I am thankful I still have them in my life :love:
Reply 14
Original post by Spock's Socks
I miss my papa being in good health and every weekend me, my gran and papa would go for a drive and they would let me sit in the front and play all my CDs which ranged from pop to metal and they just sat there laughing away at my songs and we would go for a drive to a beach or some place we would get chips and ice cream. I'll never forget those memories with my grandparents and I am thankful I still have them in my life :love:

Chips... ice cream... mmmm... :drool:

Sounds like an absolutely delightful time, thanks for sharing. :h:
POKEMON
YU-GI-OH
Setting up local lan networks on the xbox, playing 8 player Halo in 2 separate rooms with friends along with all kinds of snacks and drinks that's unhealthy af!
And obviously not having to worry about exams or university.
All the toys and dolls I used to have. My mum decided ,without asking me, to throw every toy, doll and book I ever had as a child away. Even my first ever teddy bear. I was so upset when I found out. She did the same thing years earlier when I was four. We moved house and my beloved orange Space Hopper, that I was never off, was left behind. I begged her to go back to our old house, that was about to be bulldozed along with nearly every other house in Old Trafford in the Seventies, but she was having none of it. Then she did the exact same thing years later when moving house again. I was working in Paris and I came home when my mum had moved in to a small flat. All my stuff , apart from clothes, had gone. I have spent the last few years re-acquiring my old things all over again. I had a large doll called Bizzie Lizzie made by Mattel. [You can Google her. She's lovely]. She had an ironing board, feather duster, little apron and all sorts. I bought it ,the entire thing in its original box off a guy on Ebay US about 3 years ago. The import charges were more than the price of the actual doll. But it was so worth it. I'm 48 and I sometimes wonder if i'm entering a second childhood LOL. Because of what happened with all my things I was absolutely determined not to throw a single toy book or teddy away that belongs to my now 19 year old son. We have it all in large plastic storage boxes. If he wants to take charge of them all and throw his Teletubbies and Thomas The Tank Engine things away in years to come he can do. If when he moves out and he doesn't have the storage space for them all they can all stay in my house, I don't mind. But I will not do to him what my mum did to me.
Original post by WoodyMKC
Just being care free and having no responsibilities besides school.

I agree.
You dont realise how care free it is until you grow up and have responsibilities.
I miss the freedom of it all. Apart from having school 9-3 monday- friday, i had the freedom of evenings, weekends and school holidays to do whatever i wanted.
I also miss some of the TV shows, toys etc we had back then.
Being able to climb on top of the monkey bars. Ever since puberty kicked in, gained weight on the bottom half and lost muscle on the top half lol
Omg too many things :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest