The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

I need 3 a's (AS) or I'm doooooomed :frown:
Original post by tanyapotter
wait, is it possible that schools have received our results?!

No not yet, unis receive your results the weekend before results day, the schools have access to them the day before results day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
i was always so sure i'd check track before my results, but now i'm thinking otherwise. if i check my results and see that i've missed my offer then i'll be better prepared to face the rejection on track than to log into track in the morning and just feel my heart sink and stay there for the rest of the month :/ and i'll already have an accurate-ish estimate of my grades from the day before when grade boundaries are released because 3 of my subjects are maths/science and i know roughly how many marks i have for every exam i took, so i'll be much more curious to see if my predictions were correct..idk what to do
(edited 7 years ago)
i was always so sure i'd check track before my results, but now i'm thinking otherwise. if i check my results and see that i've missed my offer then i'll be better prepared to face the rejection on track than to log into track in the morning and just feel my heart sink and stay there for the rest of the month :/ and i'll already have an accurate-ish estimate of my grades from the day before when grade boundaries are released because 3 of my subjects are maths/science and i know roughly how many marks i have for every exam i took) so i'll be much more curious to see if my predictions were correct..idk what to do

Always check track first. If you've met your offer, then you can celebrate and not worry about your results. However, if you've been unsuccessful with both your choices, you can sort out clearing a lot quicker. Also, if your firm reads as still conditional, you can ring them up to persuade them to still take you :smile:
i was always so sure i'd check track before my results, but now i'm thinking otherwise. if i check my results and see that i've missed my offer then i'll be better prepared to face the rejection on track than to log into track in the morning and just feel my heart sink and stay there for the rest of the month :/ and i'll already have an accurate-ish estimate of my grades from the day before when grade boundaries are released because 3 of my subjects are maths/science and i know roughly how many marks i have for every exam i took) so i'll be much more curious to see if my predictions were correct..idk what to do

If I were you I'd check track first

If you narrowly miss your offer when you check your results BEFORE track, you'll still be nervously waiting to check track in hopes that whoever has still taken you. And that's just more worrying.

Get your uni decision out of the way, and if it doesn't go to plan then look at your results and just focus on them, so you can be thinking of what you need to do next (remarking, calling them up or w/e)
Original post by Student403
If I were you I'd check track first

If you narrowly miss your offer when you check your results BEFORE track, you'll still be nervously waiting to check track in hopes that whoever has still taken you. And that's just more worrying.

Get your uni decision out of the way, and if it doesn't go to plan then look at your results and just focus on them, so you can be thinking of what you need to do next (remarking, calling them up or w/e)

these conditional offer problems :colonhash: yeah, you're right. i can't wait to see how badly i ****ed up german though lmao
these conditional offer problems :colonhash: yeah, you're right. i can't wait to see how badly i ****ed up german though lmao

Oh me too, me too. Incase we don't talk then, just take away 2 German grades from yours to get mine :rofl:
Original post by Student403
Oh me too, me too. Incase we don't talk then, just take away 2 German grades from yours to get mine :rofl:

i'm pretty sure it won't come to that :u: btw if i don't reply then know that i've died of alcohol poisoning and i'm in a better place now
Original post by PQ
Clearing places for scottish students at scottish universities are a LOT more restricted than clearing places for RUK students at scottish universities. Because their fees are subsidised heavily by the scottish government the places are severely restricted for scottish students (but not for students from England/Wales/NI where the fees cover most of the costs)

Ooo, that makes me feel slightly better I guess .. :dontknow:

Original post by usycool1
Haha! Every man and woman for themselves eh... :tongue:

Yeah dog eat dog world 😂😂

Original post by lucabrasi98
This is my fear and I'm not even applying to a Scottish uni. I imagine it's a way worse for you.

But I'll still be checking 10x a day to make sure my course is still in clearing. If it goes then I'll know it's gg for me.

My course atm is still in clearing :biggrin: ... for now...I dare say.

Posted from TSR Mobile
i'm pretty sure it won't come to that :u: btw if i don't reply then know that i've died of alcohol poisoning and i'm in a better place now

:lol: I'll keep that in mind!

Spoiler

Original post by xxvine
I wonder what the boundaries will be for Sociology

Original post by smegsxo
I'm very intrigued about the A2 boundaries for sociology given how many seemed to dislike scly4

Original post by xxvine
SCLY4 was horrible

Not even confident for SCLY3

Oh the memories 😭😭 flashbacks to SCLY4 paper rn.. what an awful awful experience that was not only was the questions awful, but due to personal issues I wasn't in much and my teacher who was so poor at teaching she's on review at my college delibrately refused to give me the material for SCLY4 when I was in hospital having surgery 2 months before the exam :frown:

I loved SCLY3.. hoping I get a very very high grade for that exam so it can kinda average it out but I'm not banking on it. Need a C overall for uni but that's not going to happen. Didn't write ANYTHING and I mean anything for the SCLY4 exam..

:facepalm::frown::dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Getting a call from school saying they want you to come early for an interview / media / report is a good sign, atleast i'd think...
Original post by Windies
Getting a call from school saying they want you to come early for an interview / media / report is a good sign, atleast i'd think...

At this point its a good sign that they have very high hopes in you, but because schools dont have results at the minute (until the day before results) it isnt based on any fact, they are just hopeful for you, its a great compliment!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Windies

Should be, they wouldn't want students in who haven't got their predicted grades or above or who have got lower than C grades. If I was you I would think that as a sign of relief...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Windies

If they phone the day before results day (when they have your results) it's a good sign - however, if they've rang you recently, they're just speculating - I hope you get the grades though :wink:
tumblr_n35siavH3o1rsd9coo1_500.jpg
Original post by CaitlinN15
Oh the memories 😭😭 flashbacks to SCLY4 paper rn.. what an awful awful experience that was not only was the questions awful, but due to personal issues I wasn't in much and my teacher who was so poor at teaching she's on review at my college delibrately refused to give me the material for SCLY4 when I was in hospital having surgery 2 months before the exam :frown:

I loved SCLY3.. hoping I get a very very high grade for that exam so it can kinda average it out but I'm not banking on it. Need a C overall for uni but that's not going to happen. Didn't write ANYTHING and I mean anything for the SCLY4 exam..

:facepalm::frown::dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow
Sounds horrible
Rooting for you though👊🏾
Hopefully really low boundaries and your SCLY3 exam will pull your grade up.

State crime question was awful for me though. Legit got 5 marks max
Original post by smegsxo
Aqa tweeted that grade boundaries have been set...it's coming!!:redface:

I wonder what they have decided for aqa chem u4 bounderies... - 82/100 for A*?
I hope that is the case ...
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ninjass
I wonder what they have decided for aqa chem u4 bounderies... - 82/100 for A*?
I hope that is the case ...

Hopefully less :laugh:
Original post by breakfastbar333
Hopefully less :laugh:

Do you think so ? I didnt think it was that bad - just a few awkward parts.

Quick Reply

Latest