The Student Room Group

Tips for starting A levels?

Can you please give me as much advice as well as tips for starting sixth form as detailed as possible.

Thank you,
Enjoy your summer. Work hard and manage your time well when you start.
Reply 2
Start revising in advance (maybe a few months after you start?)- everyone will tell you to revise and work hard because a levels are so tough etc. (you'll probably ignore them like i did XD). But, if you dont start revising early you'll regret it when you look back.
Reply 3
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
There's a golden thread on tsr, check it out, there's 100s of advice on a-levels

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by AdeptDz
There's a golden thread on tsr, check it out, there's 100s of advice on a-levels

Posted from TSR Mobile

Could you link it? I'd very much like to read it. Thanks.
Swear you've made loads of threads on this?
Reply 7
Original post by gregy521

Hm 1s I'm on my phone doe I'll try tell you what it's called

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8

Oh you still can

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4238456

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9

Thanks a lot. This will be useful for a lot of other people reading this thread too.
Thanks a lot. This will be useful for a lot of other people reading this thread too.

No problem :smile: and I hope so

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Amelia76
Can you please give me as much advice as well as tips for starting sixth form as detailed as possible.

Thank you,

Hi there,

TSR has provided a very detailed list of Things You Should Know Before Starting College, as well as What to Take on Your First Day of Sixth Form. Give them a read - you'll find them very helpful. :smile:

Best of luck!
Original post by Amelia76

Thank you,

The workload should be quite light at the start, and it will become more demanding. Just keep going - it's okay. You will manage to do it all, and as time goes on you will learn to time manage better, etc., and find slots of time to do your work. Also, when they start telling you that you should be revising, don't ignore them. Just start!

I ignored them up until the month of my exams, and only did little bits of revision up until then. I messed up my exams, and ended up having to go to hospital relating to stress and extreme sleep deprivation. It's not worth it, make sure you listen to your teachers / tutors when they tell you to do things. But please don't let that make you anxious, and learn from my mistakes. Other than exam season, I really love college. It is a brilliant place to learn, and so MUCH better than high school! :smile:
Well said
Original post by clucky_chick
The workload should be quite light at the start, and it will become more demanding. Just keep going - it's okay. You will manage to do it all, and as time goes on you will learn to time manage better, etc., and find slots of time to do your work. Also, when they start telling you that you should be revising, don't ignore them. Just start!

I ignored them up until the month of my exams, and only did little bits of revision up until then. I messed up my exams, and ended up having to go to hospital relating to stress and extreme sleep deprivation. It's not worth it, make sure you listen to your teachers / tutors when they tell you to do things. But please don't let that make you anxious, and learn from my mistakes. Other than exam season, I really love college. It is a brilliant place to learn, and so MUCH better than high school! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest