The Student Room Group

Studying

Hi I'm currently in year 9 now going to year 10 when do you think i should start studying at home for the GCSES i really need good levels.
Much appreciated x
Study the information as you get it like make flash cards of what you did in class that day ect, I'd say start studying at January x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Welshgirl20
Study the information as you get it like make flash cards of what you did in class that day ect, I'd say start studying at January x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for replying xx
Reply 3
You still got ages, I would just make sure I understood the topics if I didn't ask for help. Do all homework and once you do your mocks then you can focus on revising the stuff you didn't do so good at etc. And also revise for the mocks *

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AdeptDz
You still got ages, I would just make sure I understood the topics if I didn't ask for help. Do all homework and once you do your mocks then you can focus on revising the stuff you didn't do so good at etc. And also revise for the mocks *

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks x
Thanks i will certainly do it
You need way more time than two weeks to revise, trust me I had A's and A* and I slowly increased the amount I revised every month untill a month before the exam when I did 3-5 hours a day

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Every one is different, me personally I only revised the day before each exam and I'm probably going to get As A*, when it comes to mocks OP will find out what she needs to know

Posted from TSR Mobile
Doesn't always work out like that, eventually you'll get to A levels and then using that method you'll be lucky to come out with an E

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
You need way more time than two weeks to revise, trust me I had A's and A* and I slowly increased the amount I revised every month untill a month before the exam when I did 3-5 hours a day

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not really. Though it depends on the individual and it's of course better to "over-revise" than under-revise..
Make sure you revise as early as possible to achieve high grades :smile: But don't do a lot :smile: x
Original post by hanaaofficiial
Hi I'm currently in year 9 now going to year 10 when do you think i should start studying at home for the GCSES i really need good levels.
Much appreciated x

Nothing chillax

Posted from TSR Mobile

And reallly you don't. I'll explain why: I had my core science mock exam after the half term, which meant I only had about a week and 5 days to revise. But the thing is I didn't pay attention in class so I had literally 0 knowledge. Thats when I had to start from scratch and revise 3 hours every day onto the exam and I managed to get an A, one mark of an A*. So if learnt and revised from scratch and got an A in less than 2 weeks then I'm pretty sure you don't need more than 2 weeks to get an A*( if you payed attention in class)
(edited 7 years ago)
Thanks for your comments everyone its really helped me :smile:
Thanks for your comments everyone it's really helped me :smile:
Doesn't always work out like that, eventually you'll get to A levels and then using that method you'll be lucky to come out with an E

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm aware of that but luckily this is gcse

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE=Hashtosh302;66828712]Nothing chillax I don't understand what you mean by this comment x

And reallly you don't. I'll explain why: I had my core science mock exam after the half term, which meant I only had about a week and 5 days to revise. But the thing is I didn't pay attention in class so I had literally 0 knowledge. Thats when I had to start from scratch and revise 3 hours every day onto the exam and I managed to get an A, one mark of an A*. So if learnt and revised from scratch and got an A in less than 2 weeks then I'm pretty sure you don't need more than 2 weeks to get an A*( if you payed attention in class)

Quick Reply

Latest