The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

College accommodation or private house?

Dears, I am an international student to study master's degree full time at Durham University starting this September. I have been allocated to a college however the college costs more than 7000 pounds a year, and private housing is less. My only concern is not the finances, I want you to tell me your opinion which of them should I choose and why/ Many thanks for each of your answers in advance. Cheers.
Original post by DNA89
Dears, I am an international student to study master's degree full time at Durham University starting this September. I have been allocated to a college however the college costs more than 7000 pounds a year, and private housing is less. My only concern is not the finances, I want you to tell me your opinion which of them should I choose and why/ Many thanks for each of your answers in advance. Cheers.

Don't college's make you live in halls for First Year? I forget.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by DNA89

You will enjoy your first year a lot more and find it much easier to make friends living in college. I would say to live in your college. Which college is it?
Original post by LPauling
You will enjoy your first year a lot more and find it much easier to make friends living in college. I would say to live in your college. Which college is it?

Thanks for the advice. Collingwood
Original post by DNA89
Thanks for the advice. Collingwood

I am at Durham atm so if you have any questions feel free to pm me
Reply 5
Collingwood good College, good location. Unless you have friends to share with in a House you will get to know more people events etc in Collingwood. Experience the full Uni experience and live out later in your degree.
You should phone them up and ask them to relocate you to a different college. Look for one which is self-catered or shared etc. the costs may vary quite a bit.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending