The Student Room Group

Three Video Interview?

Hi!

Three wants me to submit a video-interview, and I have no idea where to start! The deadline is in four days time, and I want to use a couple of those days to prepare for it. This is also my first ever interview for a job as I'm 16 and I am really afraid about having to put a camera in front of my face and act normal..

Has anyone been through this process and know what questions they'll ask? It says it's supposed to last around 20-25 minutes about why I'm right for the job. I am honestly freaking out because I want this job so bad and I don't want to mess it up! The job I applied for is a Customer Advisor. Is advising customers literally all I will be doing most of the time? I don't have any experience whatsoever within retail and I want this job to boost my self-confidence and to not be afraid to engage in conversations to other people (staff included)..

Any help at all is much appreciated and thank you!!
Original post by FreshBread101
Hi!

Three wants me to submit a video-interview, and I have no idea where to start! The deadline is in four days time, and I want to use a couple of those days to prepare for it. This is also my first ever interview for a job as I'm 16 and I am really afraid about having to put a camera in front of my face and act normal..

Has anyone been through this process and know what questions they'll ask? It says it's supposed to last around 20-25 minutes about why I'm right for the job. I am honestly freaking out because I want this job so bad and I don't want to mess it up! The job I applied for is a Customer Advisor. Is advising customers literally all I will be doing most of the time? I don't have any experience whatsoever within retail and I want this job to boost my self-confidence and to not be afraid to engage in conversations to other people (staff included)..

Any help at all is much appreciated and thank you!!

Unfortunately I've not experienced this, but this website should help. Other than that, make sure you dress nicely. Dress like you would for an interview. Also make sure you're in a well lit area without loads of background noise, and the area is tidy. These things make a difference. Answer as confidently as you can with a clear and steady voice, and rehearse a little beforehand if you need to. That being said, don't over-rehearse it. There's nothing worse than seeing one of these things where the person sounds like they're reciting something. It seems insincere. Don't worry too much about it. Just make sure you present yourself well and answer the questions as best you can. You should still answer them as you would in a job interview. They'll mainly ask about things like previous experience. As you have no formal work experience, talk about things like extra-curricular activities that have given you transferrable skills that would come in useful for this job. Smile, sit up straight, and don't be like a robot. You'll be fine! Good luck, hope you get the job!
Original post by chelseadagg3r
Unfortunately I've not experienced this, but this website should help. Other than that, make sure you dress nicely. Dress like you would for an interview. Also make sure you're in a well lit area without loads of background noise, and the area is tidy. These things make a difference. Answer as confidently as you can with a clear and steady voice, and rehearse a little beforehand if you need to. That being said, don't over-rehearse it. There's nothing worse than seeing one of these things where the person sounds like they're reciting something. It seems insincere. Don't worry too much about it. Just make sure you present yourself well and answer the questions as best you can. You should still answer them as you would in a job interview. They'll mainly ask about things like previous experience. As you have no formal work experience, talk about things like extra-curricular activities that have given you transferrable skills that would come in useful for this job. Smile, sit up straight, and don't be like a robot. You'll be fine! Good luck, hope you get the job!

Thank you!
I got the same video interview invitation what did they ask?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending