The Student Room Group

Job in a call centre

Hi, I've just graduated and soon start a graduate job but also want a weekend job. I've just seen a job advert for a telesales role near me and was wondering if anyone had any advice on applying.
Almost all my work experience on my CV is internship experience at engineering firms and I have a 1st in civil engineering from a russel group uni, do you think I should not include this in my application in case I seem overqualified?
Any tips on securing the job would be helpful.
I'm also open to working any other weekend job (not retail stuff or similar, I'd hate it if I was seen by one of my colleagues working another part time job) so if you have any suggestions on what I could look out for that would help too.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
You're allowed to have free time mate I can't imagine your Engineering graduate job would leave you needing to find further work
Reply 2
Original post by Herz
You're allowed to have free time mate I can't imagine your Engineering graduate job would leave you needing to find further work

I know lol
I've worked on internships in the past in similar job roles and lived away from home for them as well and the weekends were just days wasted where I did almost nothing, so it'd be nice to earn a bit of extra money instead
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Noybb
I know lol
I've worked on internships in the past in similar job roles and lived away from home for them as well and the weekends were just days wasted where I did almost nothing, so it'd be nice to earn a bit of extra money instead

I mean if it's really what you wanna do that's up to you ofc but you could always just get a hobby or something
Reply 4
Original post by Herz
I mean if it's really what you wanna do that's up to you ofc but you could always just get a hobby or something

I'd rather die
Original post by Noybb
Hi, I've just graduated and soon start a graduate job but also want a weekend job. I've just seen a job advert for a telesales role near me and was wondering if anyone had any advice on applying.
Almost all my work experience on my CV is internship experience at engineering firms and I have a 1st in civil engineering from a russel group uni, do you think I should not include this in my application in case I seem overqualified?
Any tips on securing the job would be helpful.
I'm also open to working any other weekend job (not retail stuff or similar, I'd hate it if I was seen by one of my colleagues working another part time job) so if you have any suggestions on what I could look out for that would help too.

I used to work in a call centre. You can try asking an agency and possibly apply that way? As that was how I got mine.
Reply 6
Original post by Boreism
I used to work in a call centre. You can try asking an agency and possibly apply that way? As that was how I got mine.

Can I ask what agency and how you found them?
This might sound silly but what does the agency ask for i.e. do they still require a CV etc?
Original post by Noybb
Can I ask what agency and how you found them?
This might sound silly but what does the agency ask for i.e. do they still require a CV etc?

I was headhunted by my local Brook Street who told me about the job. It was initially a 5 week job, but my contract got extended for further 8 months because the manager was impressed with my working performance.

Yes all agencies require a CV nowadays.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending