The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

quick predictions for A*, A and B in AQA C3??

i'm thinking:
A*- 58
A- 53
B- 48

?
Original post by ninjass
Do you think so ? I didnt think it was that bad - just a few awkward parts.

Maybe I'm remembering it worse than it actually was
Results day feels:

mlpYAaS2Efc

Humour does help me through the situation but I defo won't be laughing on results day when I've really got nothing left :redface:
Original post by xxvine
Wow
Sounds horrible
Rooting for you though👊🏾
Hopefully really low boundaries and your SCLY3 exam will pull your grade up.

State crime question was awful for me though. Legit got 5 marks max

It was... literally sat in the exam, cried all the time and was so shaky that I had to move exam room and during that time I was getting moved... I was thinking in my head and making up things to try and fit into the question.

State crime & postmodernism was the topics I was never taught/given materials of from my teacher so when I saw the 21&33... that was pretty much it.

Crime prevention I never got informed of as a topic let alone taught :/ my teacher was just **** :frown:((

The only thing that went decent was the 15 marker for methods in content... but that isn't even good enough for a E ://

Thank you though, good luck for you too I'm sure you're in a much better position than me ah

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by marioman
Not sure where you got that idea from. For the most popular subjects then generally over half the entry is awarded a grade B or higher, going up to around 64% of entries gaining a B or higher in Mathematics. (Source: http://www.jcq.org.uk/examination-results/a-levels/2015/a-as-and-aea-results-summer-2015)

TSR is very unrepresentative for GCSEs but for AS/A2 it seems to be quite a fair representation of students as a whole.

It could just be my school I guess...
Original post by nomophobia
Whoa, if your college thinks you've got good enough results to be on TV, you probably have :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I don't think they realise I guessed half the questions on Chemistry...
Original post by Windies
Getting a call from school saying they want you to come early for an interview / media / report is a good sign, atleast i'd think...

I honestly think it's just because they already had information about my course (it's not exactly conventional) and they said on the phone that as I've already done publicity for them before, would I do it again
Original post by ninjass
I wonder what they have decided for aqa chem u4 bounderies... - 82/100 for A*?
I hope that is the case ...

I think no more than 80/100 for the A* and no more than 88/100 for the 120 UMS. For CHEM5, I think it will be exactly the same as last year (84/100 for the A*, 92/100 for the 120 UMS).

My ISA was pretty crap (A/B borderline) but I'm thinking I can make that 6-12 UMS up with the papers hopefully!
Original post by thevamps99xo
It feels like only yesterday that we started Year 12....

If this year went fast, I wonder how quickly Year 13 is going to go.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So damn fast you wont even believe it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ninjass
Do you think so ? I didnt think it was that bad - just a few awkward parts.

I agree - it would been good if I'd had an extra fifteen minutes or so. I (think/hope) I
got the structure at the end with about 3 minutes to spare haha.
I made quite a few mistakes on the rates stuff though - the new rate equation with propanone concentration multiplied by 100 I put as exactly the same as before (although it was supposed to be k[H+] apparently). I reckon I got something in the very low 90s though with any luck, which should get the 120 UMS, but who knows with AQA lol...
Just been told today via my university that I've met the conditions for my place! I'm going to be studying Midwifery, bringing new life into the world 😄 Good luck to everyone else!
Original post by tanyapotter
quick predictions for A*, A and B in AQA C3??

i'm thinking:
A*- 58
A- 53
B- 48

?

I didn't do AQA maths or further (I did OCR MEI), but what do you think about AQA physics??I personally think full UMS will be 65/75 for PHYA4 and 65/75 for PHYA5 (with astro). The only reason I think it'll be lower than people think for PHYA5 is because it was quite wordy and that tends to bring boundaries down.
Original post by pecora
Yeah, to be honest when I first came here two years ago I felt slightly depressed as loads of people seemed to be getting into Oxbridge and only scoring A*s. Even though I've noticed that in my school if you've got an A or two you're doing pretty well!

I guess it's a study related forum so the vast majority people who aren't passionate about academics wouldn't wander into here.

Totally, so people shouldn't feel bad/stupid. I was one of four people in my school to get a B or above in our chemistry mock in March.( out of 30+ people)And at least the other science subjects weren't much better. so my thought process is that not everyone can be expecting such high grades. My school is obviously not selective but I'd imagine that the majority of schools aren't either...
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2933
Original post by LC1996
Just been told today via my university that I've met the conditions for my place! I'm going to be studying Midwifery, bringing new life into the world 😄 Good luck to everyone else!

Ahh well done, that's amazing :smile: and thank you
Original post by LC1996

Many congratulations, such a rewarding career!
Original post by OwlMagic153
Yeah I don't think they realise I guessed half the questions on Chemistry...

Oooh, I do chemistry too! Which exam board and AS or A2?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Buzzing for results

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Cadherin
I didn't do AQA maths or further (I did OCR MEI), but what do you think about AQA physics??I personally think full UMS will be 65/75 for PHYA4 and 65/75 for PHYA5 (with astro). The only reason I think it'll be lower than people think for PHYA5 is because it was quite wordy and that tends to bring boundaries down.

sounds about right! i was worried people thought it would be higher for pha5A but if 65 is the general consensus then bring it on :colone:
Original post by tanyapotter
sounds about right! i was worried people thought it would be higher for pha5A but if 65 is the general consensus then bring it on :colone:

Did you do astro as well? I think I dropped around 3 on the core and 7 on the astro although I'm not sure :/
Original post by Cadherin
Did you do astro as well? I think I dropped around 3 on the core and 7 on the astro although I'm not sure :/

yes, i did astro. mind you, i'm not aiming for full UMS because i barely think i scraped my A :redface: good luck

Quick Reply

Latest