The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LC1996
Just been told today via my university that I've met the conditions for my place! I'm going to be studying Midwifery, bringing new life into the world 😄 Good luck to everyone else!

Congrats!!
Which uni?
Also Just wondering how to got your reply so I early... Did you do a btec?
And thank you!
Original post by Zazzzy57
Congrats!!
Which uni?
Also Just wondering how to got your reply so I early... Did you do a btec?
And thank you!

Keele University :smile: no I did A levels but did them last year and got ABB. I needed to retake my GCSE maths though as I needed a B and got a C and found out today I got my B!
Original post by tanyapotter
yes, i did astro. mind you, i'm not aiming for full UMS because i barely think i scraped my A :redface: good luck

Thanks, you too! I'm hoping for full UMS (or close to it) on the papers as I big time screwed the ISA and got 37/50. On June 14 boundaries, that's nearly a B, on last year's, it scrapes a D :frown:

Good luck to you too!
Original post by Cadherin
Thanks, you too! I'm hoping for full UMS (or close to it) on the papers as I big time screwed the ISA and got 37/50. On June 14 boundaries, that's nearly a B, on last year's, it scrapes a D :frown:

Good luck to you too!

Oh! Good luck then, I hope you get full UMS! Luckily my EMPA went quite well and I'm hoping for a low to mid A* on that, but I've screwed up both units 4 and 5 pretty badly and I got 270 UMS last year so I hope I've got 210 this year to get my A overall :frown:
Original post by LC1996
Keele University :smile: no I did A levels but did them last year and got ABB. I needed to retake my GCSE maths though as I needed a B and got a C and found out today I got my B!

Congratulations!! I was wondering how you know you've got a B in maths when the GCSE results aren't out for two weeks yet? Was it just through UCAS?
Original post by tanyapotter
sounds about right! i was worried people thought it would be higher for pha5A but if 65 is the general consensus then bring it on :colone:

Unit 5 wasn't terribly straightforward this year so hopefully 65 will be the cap :smile:.
can somebody just pls leak all of the mark schemes like rn
Original post by Cadherin
I think no more than 80/100 for the A* and no more than 88/100 for the 120 UMS. For CHEM5, I think it will be exactly the same as last year (84/100 for the A*, 92/100 for the 120 UMS).

My ISA was pretty crap (A/B borderline) but I'm thinking I can make that 6-12 UMS up with the papers hopefully!

80 seems quite low - but hope you are right!!!!
Anyone who did chemistry F324 and F325 have any ideas about grade boundaries for an A*.Also edexcel C3 and C4 what mark do you guys think it will be for an A*?
I have a question, if I have an offer from a uni for a course but don't want to do that anymore and want to go into clearing, how do I go about doing this

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by OwaisB
I have a question, if I have an offer from a uni for a course but don't want to do that anymore and want to go into clearing, how do I go about doing this

Posted from TSR Mobile

If they accept you then phone them up and ask them to release you into Clearing.
Reply 2951
Original post by OwaisB

Posted from TSR Mobile

Call them now. If you wait they could refuse to release you.
Original post by Lewishier
Congratulations!! I was wondering how you know you've got a B in maths when the GCSE results aren't out for two weeks yet? Was it just through UCAS?

Universities were notified today of GCSE results and my track updates to unconditional x
Original post by OwaisB

Posted from TSR Mobile

You call them up first thing tomorrow. Explain that you won't be taking up a place with them and ask them to arrange for you to be placed into clearing and what they need from you in writing to make sure that's what shows on track on the 18th
Original post by CaitlinN15
It was... literally sat in the exam, cried all the time and was so shaky that I had to move exam room and during that time I was getting moved... I was thinking in my head and making up things to try and fit into the question.

State crime & postmodernism was the topics I was never taught/given materials of from my teacher so when I saw the 21&33... that was pretty much it.

Crime prevention I never got informed of as a topic let alone taught :/ my teacher was just **** :frown:((

The only thing that went decent was the 15 marker for methods in content... but that isn't even good enough for a E ://

Thank you though, good luck for you too I'm sure you're in a much better position than me ah

Posted from TSR Mobile

No probs
Your teacher sounds awful
Post modernism was such a boring and dull 33 marker
Tbh I used much of my knowledge from AS....like the family and just tried to use common sense. But my 21 markers were awful to say the least
ScLY3 well...everybody seemed to find it easy...but knowing me lol won't be surprised if I didn't do that well......
Original post by LC1996
Universities were notified today of GCSE results and my track updates to unconditional x

Thanks! And well done!!
Reply 2956
Original post by LC1996

Ummmm are you sure? I'm pretty sure GCSE offers aren't sent out until GCSE results day.
Reply 2957
Has anyone else come to the realisation that they'll end up at their insurance uni? I'm totally fine with it, but can't be bothered having to tell everyone and hear their pity on results day:argh::excited:
Original post by LC1996

Universities don't get GCSE results sent to us at all. The exam boards have no agreement with UCAS to share GCSE results.

See https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/apply-and-track/results/sending-exam-results

If your university has accepted you before you have your results that's because they've decided that your grades as they stand are acceptable.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by S F
Has anyone else come to the realisation that they'll end up at their insurance uni? I'm totally fine with it, but can't be bothered having to tell everyone and hear their pity on results day:argh::excited:

I keep trying to tell people I'll be at my insurance but they won't accept it. I've accepted it, they need to now! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest