The Student Room Group

The NBA 2019-20 Thread - Free agency is mad - Westbrook to Houston, CP3 to OKC!?

Scroll to see replies

Reason I support the Dubs is I visited San Francisco and LA in the summer of 2009. Fell in love with San Francisco, LA not so much. Decided to support their baseball team (San Francisco Giants).

Next year (Summer of 2010) I visited family in Vancouver who got me into ice hockey. Naturally, I decided to start following the San Jose Sharks (As they're the San Francisco Bay Area ice hockey team).

I then got slightly bored with ice hockey and so decided to branch out to the other sports in the US. Didn't actually follow the NBA for another couple of years, with 2012/13 season being my first for it and so again, I chose the team from the Bay Area, so Golden State. NFL came last, first season being the 2014 season. So naturally I followed and chose the 49ers.

So that's the roundabout way I ended up with Golden State.
If Ray Allen signs with the Knicks I am definitely heading to the Big Apple this Christmas!
Reply 882
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
If Ray Allen signs with the Knicks I am definitely heading to the Big Apple this Christmas!

I'm coming with :lol:
Original post by eden3
I'm coming with :lol:

:biggrin:
When does tickets and scheduling release Dys?
Let's see why do I support okc?

Well, originally I was a neutral fan and I'd watch random games. But I was following KD in college and decided that he was my favourite player, Seattle started him, became okc and here we are.

Although I will continue to support okc even though he left. A real fan sees both the ups and downs of the team. I'm not just a bandwagoner.
Reply 886
Original post by MamzZass
Let's see why do I support okc?

Well, originally I was a neutral fan and I'd watch random games. But I was following KD in college and decided that he was my favourite player, Seattle started him, became okc and here we are.

Although I will continue to support okc even though he left. A real fan sees both the ups and downs of the team. I'm not just a bandwagoner.

When does tickets and scheduling release Dys?

The full schedule for the season is expected sometime this week. Only bits of info we know is the season will definitely start on October 25th, and end on April 12th.
Jesus Christ man these Olympic commentators are horrible. I just heard someone say the draymond isn't used to playing centre. Lol.
Reply 889
This Aussie commentator is horrendous :colonhash:
Original post by eden3
This Aussie commentator is horrendous :colonhash:

Yeah they are awful, i tend to watch with music on instead but tbh the spain croatia game last night was the only decent one i've seen anyway.
Reply 891
Original post by samb1234
Yeah they are awful, i tend to watch with music on instead but tbh the spain croatia game last night was the only decent one i've seen anyway.

Haha that's what I've started doing now
Woo Cavs v Warriors Christmas Day :biggrin: That's the social activity for the day sorted.
Woo Cavs v Warriors Christmas Day :biggrin: That's the social activity for the day sorted.

How the **** did Australia keep up with the US? Some dream team they are. In all fairness tho it was a decent game to watch
Original post by MamzZass
How the **** did Australia keep up with the US? Some dream team they are. In all fairness tho it was a decent game to watch

I heard the Bogut fella went off and made Boogie his b*tch, Mavs might have gotten an absolute steal in him tbh
I heard the Bogut fella went off and made Boogie his b*tch, Mavs might have gotten an absolute steal in him tbh

mills having 30 didn't hurt either
mills having 30 didn't hurt either

Apparently Delly had 10 assists too lol? Be pretty hilarious if he has a break out summer and becomes a much better player straight off leaving the Cavs
Apparently Delly had 10 assists too lol? Be pretty hilarious if he has a break out summer and becomes a much better player straight off leaving the Cavs

I think he finished with 11, was very impressive the whole game primarily as australia played proper team basketball on the whole. USA shot terribly all game tbh, apart from melo who had 31 and hit 9/15 3s. USA had their normal weakness of being over reliant on individual players offensively, but tbh I can't see them having another game where someone like durant goes like 2/12 from 2pt range so they should be fine, but just showed they're not invincible.
This was the first decent basketball game I've seen in this Olympics :lol:
I think he finished with 11, was very impressive the whole game primarily as australia played proper team basketball on the whole. USA shot terribly all game tbh, apart from melo who had 31 and hit 9/15 3s. USA had their normal weakness of being over reliant on individual players offensively, but tbh I can't see them having another game where someone like durant goes like 2/12 from 2pt range so they should be fine, but just showed they're not invincible.

So many savage Durant posts on Facebook I love it :biggrin: "Durant reportedly applied for Australian citizenship at half time but later cancelled his application after USA secured their lead in the 4th"

Quick Reply

Latest