The Student Room Group

Advertising for xmas temps already??

Ive seen 2 different shops today that are advertising for xmas temps already.
Is it just me or is that really early?? Its not even the middle of August for gods sake.
I know they have to go through the whole palava of advertising, interviewing people, taking people on etc and that takes time. But surely advertising for xmas temps should be done no earlier than september.
What are peoples thoughts on this??
Reply 1
Probably a longer process to go through nowadays whenever you just want a part time job
A lot of get their bigger Xmas deliveries starting October onwards tbf ... If they advertise the job for a month and take two weeks to interview applicants, who then start in two weeks time, it's not going to be that early when they actually get onto the shop floor.
It doesn't matter they can advertise whenever they want. I hope to get a xmas job this year after missing out last year
Original post by Mrs House
It doesn't matter they can advertise whenever they want. I hope to get a xmas job this year after missing out last year

Can I ask how do you manage to balance medical school and xmas jobs
Original post by Pinkberry_y
Can I ask how do you manage to balance medical school and xmas jobs

Haven't had a xmas job during medical school yet but hope to find out this year. I only have 1 exam this Christmas
Original post by Mrs House
Haven't had a xmas job during medical school yet but hope to find out this year. I only have 1 exam this Christmas

Oo okay. Do you work during your summer holidays?
Original post by Pinkberry_y
Oo okay. Do you work during your summer holidays?

I work some shifts in my dads restaurant but I usually travel during the summer

Quick Reply

Latest