The Student Room Group

Cheese's Summer of Some Sort

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Reachin4TheStars
How that unrealistic you're one of the beautiful and clear hearted people I've met ☺️💖💖💖

:colondollar:*unable to reply with witty response**posts random meme instead*enjoy:
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
:cool: 1004.3%
:mmm: well yh... But so are you!

Spoiler

Yes
Liquid nitrogen 2 - 1 hydrogen @FireFreezer77 :eviltongue:
it was, :llama: !
salted popcorn gets me around haha :lol:
sweet popcorn is like nah :hand:

Spoiler

:colonhash: This is illegal!
Hydrogen FTW!!!!! :jive:
:colondollar:*unable to reply with witty response**posts random meme instead*enjoy:

Lmao extra random Hun 💖💖😏😂 your speciality I guess 👌🏼
Entry no.15
Today was exciting :fan:
Got there, did some research, only to be interrupted by one of my supervisors informing me that there was some lab work to do!
You may have picked up that I had finished the final design for the injector support thing?
Well now we're making it and setting up the experiment. Issue is, we don't have all the parts :lol:. So the technician and I went through this massive catalogue trying to find all the parts :rofl:
FYI: we are using Stainless Steel 301 for the injector support I designed :mmm:, but in the end, they went with the design that they had the most parts for (which was actually the one I thought was best so :congrats:*slow claps myself* :rofl:)
I got to do some bolt screwing/loosening (wow - how enthralling :lol:) and then I got to watch the Technician use this big noisy drill which drilled into about 3cm thick steel, (yh it was cool :ahee:)!
Then, something rather unexpected happened.
Just after we'd finished drilling and setting up the stuff we had in the lab, and decided what we needed to order from the catalogue, some of the co-ordinators for the Nuffield Placement Sceheme dropped in :mmm:
They interviewed me, asked me how I was finding it and whether I am learning anything. This brings me to the QOTD (Quote Of The Day :lol:)

Quote of the day: "Have you learnt much from the Nuffield Placement so far?"
"Well I didn't know anything about engines before so I've learnt a lot haha"

Then they brought this Cameraman out and my Supervisor offered to perform the Liquid Nitrogen test with another injector just for pictures :lol:
SO I GOT TO PLAY WITH LIQUID NITROGEN AGAIN !
Consequence was the pictures, HOWEVER, when using Liquid Nitrogen you wear this face mask thing, gloves and a labcoat, so you couldn't really see my face a.k.a the hazard area. However, him telling us to pose and stuff was so frustrating :colonhash:

Spoiler

After that, I went for lunch with the other students, there was a new recruit chez nous, she's into coding and is doing a project on 3D printing, pretty cool huh! :yep:
Lunch was egg mayo ham salad and salted popcorn :yum: and we sat outside cos the weather was decent :wink:
Then, got back to work on the report - 23 pages is now 17!!! WOOP :woo: :excited: I can work with that :biggrin:
I got the train with one of my fellow nuffielders which was cool, trains were actually decent and I got home in time to absolutely thrash @XOR_ at chess obvs :tongue: (not really incase your sarcasm detector is faulty haha)
:wink: ,
Cheese

Spoiler

Sounds like a fun day :lol: good to see that you are enjyong it.
keep it up cheesyyyyyyyy :dance:
Original post by Reachin4TheStars
Lmao extra random Hun 💖💖😏😂 your speciality I guess 👌🏼

:colondollar:

Original post by SeanFM
Sounds like a fun day :lol: good to see that you are enjyong it.

lol it was Sean :fan: I hope u r enjoying ur summer 2 m8 :wink:

Original post by fatima1998
keep it up cheesyyyyyyyy :dance:

thanks fatima :hugs:
hope ur summer is great as well! :wink:

That's ok, your quote was so nice! I think @Matrix123 will like it :yep:

Spent about 20 minutes just scrolling through your blog :colonhash: :tongue:

Did your mum drive you to the placement in the end?

Yes, I do really like that quote! The others are great too :yep:

Spoiler

Original post by raniafern
@defenestrated Oh my gosh, I've no idea if it was your rep that did it... But, I'm now a 5-gemmer :biggrin: :woo: :hugs:

@CheeseIsVeg check it out!

@Platopus @CheeseIsVeg @FireFreezer77 @Matrix123 @0to100 Thank you for all your highly valuable reps :rofl:

Haha no worries :biggrin:
How are you doing? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by FireFreezer77
Hehe! Hydrogen FTW!!
You know what the best fuel is?

Spoiler

Well I have m4! So much energy! We'll surely it's cheaper to just convert co2 into a fuel? Or water even?
But you can't compress liquids! Therefore it's a gas not liquid nitrogen! :wink:
Nope! Blegh, Minis are disgusting!
It's not great! Esp as it happened twice!
I know, just informing you of it for future reference!
Haha I really want to tbh! She was awful!
Nah I doubt that! My chess skills are nowhere to be found!
They have! I'll take a look tomorrow!
Haha damn webpage! :lol:

I'm not that great at chess either. Do you enjoy it though? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Matrix123
Spent about 20 minutes just scrolling through your blog :colonhash: :tongue:
Did your mum drive you to the placement in the end?
Yes, I do really like that quote! The others are great too :yep:

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile

haha :hugs: I hope you didn't die :mmm:no, got train, today tho I have a blood test and will be driven there afterwards

Spoiler

haha :hugs: I hope you didn't die :mmm:no, got train, today tho I have a blood test and will be driven there afterwards

Spoiler

:hugs:
:confused:die? Why would I have died? :tongue:
Goshhhh. Ooh I see, not much I can say to that...good luck? :tongue:

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
You're really pretty
Like someone who is really witty
But that isn't very picky

Spoiler

I do love you so
You help me grow
And sow
The peas
And wobble my knees

LOOL
:toofunny:

Btw nice update
I like to read about what you're doing :mmm:
:hugs:
:confused:die? Why would I have died? :tongue:
Goshhhh. Ooh I see, not much I can say to that...good luck? :tongue:

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile

idk cheese says wierder things than normal when tired :erm:
it aches, and on the journey here i felt really sick :frown:
ok tho because I had some blackcurrant juice so :mmm:
:wink:

Original post by AppleB
I do love you so
You help me grow
And sow
The peas
And wobble my knees
LOOL
Btw nice update

I like to read about what you're doing :mmm:

:lolwut: x 56

I didn't know what to type
:lol:

Ohh in that case: :awesome: :ahee: :biggrin: :tongue: Oh dear... :hugs: Waheyy to blackcurrant juice! :h:
Original post by AppleB
I didn't know what to type
:lol:

:rofl:

Ohh in that case: :awesome: :ahee: :biggrin: :tongue: Oh dear... :hugs: Waheyy to blackcurrant juice! :h:

yh :biggrin:
Entry no.16
Got to wake up late because I had a Doctors appointment :colondollar:
I had a blood test because I am about to go on this new acne medication
Then they prescribed me some medication that I have to take 4 weeks before I can start the actual drug :erm:
I hate blood so that wasn't nice but the actual procedure didn't hurt that much, just feels so unconformable and achey rn :frown:
Then afterwards my Mum drove me to Brighton which took about 45 minutes :wink:
I felt really car sick though because I was giving my Mum directions which involved reading, reading makes me feel :s-smilie:When I got there, I finished yesterday's research and inserted in the pictures I took of my drawings and our experimental set-up so far :wink:
After I'd done that, I had a brief talk with one of my supervisors, he gave me some more work to do because I have pretty much finished their stuff so far. So that was appreciated :tongue:
Then we went for lunch, this time we got sandwhiches: mine was egg mayo and I went for some cheeky McCoys Salt and vinegar because :yum:
Then we played chess, 3 vs 2 (I was on the 2 side), we won :wink: which was cool! @XOR_ fancy a game now? (i am in the mood :mmm:)
Back to work afterwards, but it was not long after I had started to finish my work when my other supervisor said there was some more lab work to do :excited:
Went to the lab and we set up the PC-High Speed Camera link. Maybe some explaining is in order?
So I've got this injector. Looks like this:
Attachment not found

I designed a component that will support it in our experimental set-up.
U with me?
So then we will put liquid nitrogen through the injector and get it to spray. That way we can use the camera, along with an LED screen to take loads of really fast images of the spray coming out of the injector.
FYI the camera takes up to 10,000 images per second, so yeah, we get a video effect and using it we can do calculations and stuff to see if it works well enough to use in a real engine :wink:
Pretty cool!
So today we were just establishing the PC-camera connection, was quite dull, we couldn't figure out the IP address it was set to and eventually, after some trial-and-error, we found it and got it to work :wink:
My supervisor took me thought the program they use to work the camera. Its cool, not too complicated and I have now been given the right to "play with it" :colondollar:Guess what I'll be doing tomorrow :colondollar::
:colondollar: Yh, train home was ok, my pal was a tad late but he still managed to catch the train :rofl: hes fitter than me so can run I guess :lol:
Din dins was pasta and doughballs = lush :yep:
And here be I :wink:
Quote of the day: Supervisor to Cheese: "its 16:00, you better go catch your train"
Cheese: "If it turns up, that is" :tongue:

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
@hamza772000 and anyone else reading this before 20:43
refresh it cos i just edited it lol

wanna apologise for the time its taken me to post these
having lots of technical issues on tsr
sos friends
@hamza772000 and anyone else reading this before 20:43
refresh it cos i just edited it lol

wanna apologise for the time its taken me to post these
having lots of technical issues on tsr
sos friends
dw chez :wink:
Original post by hamza772000
dw chez :wink:

Spoiler

Entry no.16
Got to wake up late because I had a Doctors appointment :colondollar:
I had a blood test because I am about to go on this new acne medication
Then they prescribed me some medication that I have to take 4 weeks before I can start the actual drug :erm:
I hate blood so that wasn't nice but the actual procedure didn't hurt that much, just feels so unconformable and achey rn :frown:
Then afterwards my Mum drove me to Brighton which took about 45 minutes :wink:
I felt really car sick though because I was giving my Mum directions which involved reading, reading makes me feel :s-smilie:When I got there, I finished yesterday's research and inserted in the pictures I took of my drawings and our experimental set-up so far :wink:
After I'd done that, I had a brief talk with one of my supervisors, he gave me some more work to do because I have pretty much finished their stuff so far. So that was appreciated :tongue:
Then we went for lunch, this time we got sandwhiches: mine was egg mayo and I went for some cheeky McCoys Salt and vinegar because :yum:
Then we played chess, 3 vs 2 (I was on the 2 side), we won :wink: which was cool! @XOR_ fancy a game now? (i am in the mood :mmm:)
Back to work afterwards, but it was not long after I had started to finish my work when my other supervisor said there was some more lab work to do :excited:
Went to the lab and we set up the PC-High Speed Camera link. Maybe some explaining is in order?
So I've got this injector. Looks like this:
Attachment not found

I designed a component that will support it in our experimental set-up.
U with me?
So then we will put liquid nitrogen through the injector and get it to spray. That way we can use the camera, along with an LED screen to take loads of really fast images of the spray coming out of the injector.
FYI the camera takes up to 10,000 images per second, so yeah, we get a video effect and using it we can do calculations and stuff to see if it works well enough to use in a real engine :wink:
Pretty cool!
So today we were just establishing the PC-camera connection, was quite dull, we couldn't figure out the IP address it was set to and eventually, after some trial-and-error, we found it and got it to work :wink:
My supervisor took me thought the program they use to work the camera. Its cool, not too complicated and I have now been given the right to "play with it" :colondollar:Guess what I'll be doing tomorrow :colondollar::
:colondollar: Yh, train home was ok, my pal was a tad late but he still managed to catch the train :rofl: hes fitter than me so can run I guess :lol:
Din dins was pasta and doughballs = lush :yep:
And here be I :wink:
Quote of the day: Supervisor to Cheese: "its 16:00, you better go catch your train"
Cheese: "If it turns up, that is" :tongue:

Spoiler

RIP pinta squad :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending