The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Impressive
95 degrees celsius is definitely not a good sign, my phone is overheating only when I turn my super charge on but that's it.

Now, with Chromium and Windows media Player open, with WMP ripping a CD to my hard drive library, I am at.... 93'C! :banghead:

If you search on Google for "Acer Aspire 5742 overheating" you'll find quite a lot of comments about how the laptop overheats... It's an inherent problem with the Acer 5742s!

The maximum I ever got out of my HP 15ac153sa (before the Windows 7 partition got fluffed up) was 73', and that was really pushing it, whilst gaming. Nowhere near the point of overheating/shutting down.

Original post by spotify95
Yep, and the final result will be very interesting, as I'll be testing as many speakers as possible :yep:

Don't worry about it :wink: At least I'm not giving you information overload, which can very easily happen :biggrin:

Awesome! :biggrin:

Haha indeed :tongue:
Well, that was a success :biggrin:

Just tried the main living room home theatre setup out - we know it gives good quality sound - so shoved my NOW 94 CD into it (Disc 1, this is) and put it to Track 3. Shoved the sub up by 5 decibels (maximum volume) and cranked the rest of the system up to Volume 20 (it goes up to Volume 40). For comparison sake, the max we usually go to is about volume 12 or 14!

Well, let's just say, the result was definitely worthy of shutting the dogs up nicely :biggrin: I'm sure that something was vibrating once... :biggrin:

@Matrix123

edit: If you don't know what Track 3 of Disc 1 of NOW 94 is, have a think back to what songs I've mentioned recently :biggrin:

Ohh wow! :rofl: those dogs!

Uhh, does this mean I need to scroll back to find out what track 3 of disc 1 is? :tongue:
Me and @Matrix123 had suspicions that @RavioliDance was potentially a PBU back under another name... and today that username shows up as banned, so someone must have done some checks and found out. As I didn't see @RavioliDance post anything out of the ordinary...

Indeed :wink:
They've had over 150 usernames on here so far, so I would certainly say they will have a good go.

I saw that user as well, I'm going to keep an eye on them in case it turns out to be the same user.

:shock:
Woahhh! I have to applaud his dedication to getting back to FG - that sure is a lot of accounts!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Matrix123
Awesome! :biggrin:

Haha indeed :tongue:

Hey Matrix :smile: Yep, the end result will be awesome - so long as my amplifier is OK and doesn't break :tongue: (I have a couple of portable amplifiers that run off 9V batteries; one is already broken and needs a repair.)

Ohh wow! :rofl: those dogs!

Uhh, does this mean I need to scroll back to find out what track 3 of disc 1 is? :tongue:

Who cares about those dogs - they were howling/barking all day... Getting on my nerves! :mad:

Yep, you may have to, though it's a song that we've mentioned various times before! Have a guess as to what it could be!

Indeed :wink:

:shock:
Woahhh! I have to applaud his dedication to getting back to FG - that sure is a lot of accounts!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know, right!

He does have some serious dedication... However, there was once a time whereby there were various impostor accounts floating around the place. By "impostor", I mean someone signing up with a very similar username as an existing user, with the same avatar, and generally trying to cause disruption.
If you try searching for my username, @spotify95, you'll see a whole bunch of similar usernames... There were some for previous users too, including @Andy98, @bekbok, and various other different usernames. All in all, there were the best part of 100 impostors floating around the place... and guess who the originator of them all was...

100,833 :smile:

Latest