The Student Room Group

Do you have a proper career plan?

Scroll to see replies

I have an idea of my career path but as for how it will play out I don't know
but it would be always involving luxury assets mainly resale but possibly retail and leasing
Original post by Reachin4TheStars
I know 💖
I'm going to do paramedic science at uni and then become a ambulance paramedic and after 7 years I'm going to apply to be an air ambulance paramedic. But only God knows how things will pan out 👍🏼

interesting...
Original post by Reachin4TheStars
I know 💖
I'm going to do paramedic science at uni and then become a ambulance paramedic and after 7 years I'm going to apply to be an air ambulance paramedic. But only God knows how things will pan out 👍🏼

Fellow hopeful Para here. Do you have a specific city to work in mines def London. What about after the 9 month secondment as an air amb para?
Original post by 1secondsofvamps
I'm planning to do primary education in uni so I can become a primary school teacher. For the first few years I'll teach then I want to take on further responsibilities and roles such as SENCo (special educational needs coordinator)

May I warn you that in England teaching is atrocious. If you wish to teach, I recommend it elsewhere.
Original post by RyanRHwood
Fellow hopeful Para here. Do you have a specific city to work in mines def London. What about after the 9 month secondment as an air amb para?

Lol yup ☺️ Birmingham I'm hoping 👌🏼 after becoming an air paramedic I just hope to remain that 👍🏼
I don't even solidly know what A-levels I'm going to begin studying in a few weeks time. I've tried so hard to figure out what I want to do, but I have no idea. All I know is that it's not a standard 9-to-5 - need to get an ever-changing dynamic in there innit :h:
Reply 46
Even if I had made a career plan at some point, it would've been been made redundant many times over already. Your desires and priorities will change so many times from when you are 16-30 that following such a plan will be extremely difficult.
Original post by Trapz99
Ok, I don't have work experience in the actuarial field but I have talked to actuaries about their work and done some basic research. I know what they do and what the job's like. You clearly don't. I don't see why you need to **** on people's career ambitions (although trading is really my main ambition, followed by ER and then actuarial). At least I have an idea of what careers I'm cosmdiering, you just have a list of careers that you make fun of...

All righty calm down homeboy
Somebody's is TRIGGERED AF

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending