The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

University Houses

Hey!

I just got an offer to one of the University Houses. Particulary, it's a house with 10 rooms, in Earlsdon Avenue. I was going through the terms and conditions and it seems to have so many details... I just wanted to ask if anyone knows the area or if someone stayed in an university's house and could tell me if it will be a good choice to accept the offer.
Original post by martzmatias
Hey!

I just got an offer to one of the University Houses. Particulary, it's a house with 10 rooms, in Earlsdon Avenue. I was going through the terms and conditions and it seems to have so many details... I just wanted to ask if anyone knows the area or if someone stayed in an university's house and could tell me if it will be a good choice to accept the offer.

Is this in Earlsdon then, or nearby? Should be able to give you more detail once I know the area it's in!

Are you starting in first year, or have you been to Cov already? :smile:
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by shadowdweller
Is this in Earlsdon then, or nearby? Should be able to give you more detail once I know the area it's in!

Are you starting in first year, or have you been to Cov already? :smile:

Yes, it's in Earlsdon!
I'm starting my MSc, I've never been in Cov :smile:
Yes, it's in Earlsdon!
I'm starting my MSc, I've never been in Cov :smile:

I believe Earlsdon is supposed to be a nice area, and I know there's a lot of student accommodation there! Is there anyone you know who's been living in the area already, perhaps from your course? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by shadowdweller
I believe Earlsdon is supposed to be a nice area, and I know there's a lot of student accommodation there! Is there anyone you know who's been living in the area already, perhaps from your course? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, I don't know anyone living there, that's why I asked, because I was indecisive whether I should accept it or not....
No, I don't know anyone living there, that's why I asked, because I was indecisive whether I should accept it or not....

Have a look here, this has a bit of info: http://www.cusu.org/support/advice/housing/where-to-live-in-coventry/

Earlsdon a really popular area with both Coventry and Warwick students. Earlsdon is also a place where people, including students go to in the evening as there are nice pubs and places to eat. You can walk to Uni from most places in Earlsdon in about 25 minutes. A taxi home when you need one would cost around £6.00. Three buses from Earlsdon go into town as well. Bonuses for anyone living in Earlsdon are the great shops including lots of charity shops, organic store and nice cakes.

Seems to be recommended, at least! And hopefully someone will have more info for you soon :smile:
Hi

Any advice would be appreciated, so I've just recently moved some items into my house for this academic year and I've now just seen my room for the first time (which I know isn't wise but I needed a house for my next year and it was last minute) and I'm not very happy with it (the photos were a bit misleading) because my room is significantly smaller than the others and even though I have my own bathroom it's not ensuite like the others but I'm paying the same price. There's probably nothing I can do about it now but I just wanted to find out whether I'm allowed to ask the landlord to add a book shelf or something because my room has no drawers and the only furniture in there is a table and a wardrobe so there is literally no where to put books or anything. In comparison to the other rooms which do have decent furniture.

Also would there still be a possibility to advertise to get someone else to take over my tenancy for the start of October.

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by anita-573
Hi

Any advice would be appreciated, so I've just recently moved some items into my house for this academic year and I've now just seen my room for the first time (which I know isn't wise but I needed a house for my next year and it was last minute) and I'm not very happy with it (the photos were a bit misleading) because my room is significantly smaller than the others and even though I have my own bathroom it's not ensuite like the others but I'm paying the same price. There's probably nothing I can do about it now but I just wanted to find out whether I'm allowed to ask the landlord to add a book shelf or something because my room has no drawers and the only furniture in there is a table and a wardrobe so there is literally no where to put books or anything. In comparison to the other rooms which do have decent furniture.

Also would there still be a possibility to advertise to get someone else to take over my tenancy for the start of October.

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

You didn't sign a contract with the landlord?
I have signed a contract

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
I have signed a contract

Posted from TSR Mobile

In that case, in the contract it should be explicit if you can transfer the contract to another tenant and how you should do it. It should also has something regarding the changes of furniture you can do in the room, but it's better if you contact your landlord to talk about this matter, or try to explain that you don't think it's fair that you pay the same and as the photos were misleading maybe you could come to an agreement and you'd pay less.
Thanks for the advice :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Also do you know if the replacement tenant has to be a student?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Also do you know if the replacement tenant has to be a student?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It will depend if the landlord only rents to student or not, and again, you should ask it before you start looking for someone so you know where to look.
Hey!

I stayed on Earlsdon Avenue South last year, it was a great place to stay. The area is the best in Cov, without a doubt.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending