The Student Room Group

How old will you be when you start University?

A good way to know a little more about TSR community... so how old will you be if you're starting University and for what course?:smile:

Me: I'm 20 and will be doing International Hsspitality Management :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

I will be 19 (I took a gap year after college), and I'll be studying Geoscience :h:
I'll be 18 if I get in =/ hope I do!
18 ☺️
Reply 4
21 (my birthday is two weeks before my move-in date) and classical civilisation!
I'll be 18
If I get in this year, 19, without taking a gap year
I'll be 18 bc uni starts on the 1st of September. However my birthday is on the 30th of August so I'll only be turning 18 two days before uni:bawling::bawling:
16 lol
20 studying pharmacy hopefully :smile:
I'll be 19! Had kind of a gap year I guess?... I worked 2 jobs and completed an A level I picked up as an extra AS in Year 13.

Posted from TSR Mobile
18 I hope, but I won't have satisfied the three-year residence before the relevant date to be considered a home student, so it might be 19 :/ i'm hoping unis will be understanding and considerate..
I was 18 when I started - is anyone slightly older (22+) and worrying a bit about how it'll be being a bit older than most?
18 (hopefully!), and for Stage Management. :smile:
Original post by mobbsy91
I was 18 when I started - is anyone slightly older (22+) and worrying a bit about how it'll be being a bit older than most?

I'm starting next month at 27.

Although I can pass for early 20's so I don't think I'll stand out too much. :smile:
Isn't that when people start uni? Or can you start at different ages?
Original post by JamesN88
I'm starting next month at 27.

Although I can pass for early 20's so I don't think I'll stand out too much. :smile:

Haha, that's pretty decent! In any case, the people on my course who're slightly older (in their later 20s) still get involved, and have good fun anyway!
Original post by futureteach21

You can pretty much go at any age...
Original post by mobbsy91
You can pretty much go at any age...

Oh
I didn't know that
Original post by futureteach21

18 is the most common age straight after school, but you can go anytime(and people do) until you drop dead.

Quick Reply

Latest