The Student Room Group

GCSE

Hi, if I fail my English language and have to do English again at college will I still keep my English lit grade I think you do cos they are separate GCSEs but just wanted more help thx
GCSE English lit = Government doesn't requite you to get a C. GCSE English lang = C minimum. Both separate GCSEs.
It depends if you did English Language and English Literature separately. If you did do them separately, there's no reason why you shouldn't get your grade in Lit. You will only have to do Language again in college I believe :biggrin:
Original post by Bill12
Hi, if I fail my English language and have to do English again at college will I still keep my English lit grade I think you do cos they are separate GCSEs but just wanted more help thx

Provided you are not redoing English Lit, your grade will remain. Don't give up hope on passing though! People often do better than they think!
If you did English Language and Literature as separate GCSEs and are only redoing English Language, then yes you'd keep your English Literature grade :smile:
Reply 5
English Language and English Lit are completely separate subjects. If you fail Lang but pass Lit you can still keep your Lit grade :smile:

Good luck with your results!

Quick Reply

Latest