The Student Room Group

Struggling to find a girlfriend

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Proxenus
listen to your heart and be very good to god and he will reward you with girls.

Religious references will be blocked. I ain't no time for time wasting trolls.
Off top topic comments or comments bringing up religious comments e.g. 'God' will be reported since I'm an atheist so please respect that since I've created this thread.
Original post by Anonymous
I hate when people give this advice, it's such BS and totally nonconstructive.

I didn't say laze around with a thumb up your arse.

Take it from someone who's been unable to get a date for the past year, if you end up getting frustrated with the whole process just take a step back and work on yourself for a while. You can get back into the game anytime you want, but if you're becoming evermore desperate/needy/annoyed then it's going to hurt your chances.
Off top topic comments or comments bringing up religious comments e.g. 'God' will be reported since I'm an atheist so please respect that since I've created this thread.

Ok reported for abusing the report system.
Yeah your problem is you have no value. You do nothing about not getting your own way. You have to develop attractive features, that's stuff like having aspiration, doing something you are passionate about or learning something new. You offer none of that on top of having 0 self-confidence, basically you stink of female-repellent... no girl is going anywhere near you at this stage, so forget them for the time being.

To get a girl you need to drop all this desperation and worry about yourself. That means getting a damn job and working on self improvement.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by -
I didn't say laze around with a thumb up your arse.

Take it from someone who's been unable to get a date for the past year, if you end up getting frustrated with the whole process just take a step back and work on yourself for a while. You can get back into the game anytime you want, but if you're becoming evermore desperate/needy/annoyed then it's going to hurt your chances.

I like your advice, I'm more into upgrading my own life than trying to get a girlfriend.
(edited 5 years ago)
So is the comment above.... waiting on "god" ain't gonna do nothing. Might of well wait for death if that's the case lol anyway, I guess just try and get to know some girls... you ain't alone man trust me... I've had one girlfriend and she used me for stuff so I've been single ever since then and that was almost 4 years ago =/ I actually have pretty bad communication skills (verbal) never checked up on it though and i never go out, super lonely and have only one mate I see every few months... gets pretty depressing at times. Just keep going to clubs and you might get lucky mate!
Original post by K-Nitro
Yeah your problem is you have no value. You do nothing and you're whining about not getting your own way. You have to develop attractive features, that's stuff like having aspiration, doing something you are passionate about or learning something new. You offer none of that on top of having 0 self-confidence, basically you stink of female-repellent... no girl is going anywhere near you at this stage, so forget them for the time being.

To get a girl you need to drop all this desperation and worry about yourself. That means getting a damn job and working on self improvement.

You bash on me for not having a job. I'm on ESA for a reason so there's no need for a failed attempt trying to motivated with a hateful comment.
Original post by Proxenus
Ok reported for abusing the report system.

Leave
Original post by Thequiteguy
So is the comment above.... waiting on "god" ain't gonna do nothing. Might of well wait for death if that's the case lol anyway, I guess just try and get to know some girls... you ain't alone man trust me... I've had one girlfriend and she used me for stuff so I've been single ever since then and that was almost 4 years ago =/ I actually have pretty bad communication skills (verbal) never checked up on it though and i never go out, super lonely and have only one mate I see every few months... gets pretty depressing at times. Just keep going to clubs and you might get lucky mate!

I give up with night clubs since everyone sees me as invisible.
Reply 30
Tinder is your friend bro.
I give up with night clubs since everyone sees me as invisible.

Get a good haircut, dress nicely, smell nice and just have a good time out with your brother. If you see a girl you like either go over to speak to her or give her some eye contact. I've never went over to a girl before because my self esteem is very low and ain't confident enough so I just use eye contact... If she keeps looking back then just go over or she might come to you!
Original post by Napp
Tinder is your friend bro.

Tried it and had no luck. I clicked tick everyone and got nothing back.
Get a good haircut, dress nicely, smell nice and just have a good time out with your brother. If you see a girl you like either go over to speak to her or give her some eye contact. I've never went over to a girl before because my self esteem is very low and ain't confident enough so I just use eye contact... If she keeps looking back then just go over or she might come to you!

The last time I went out was almost a month ago. I just had a haircut, I wore smartish clothes, I wore Hugo Boss aftershave, Lynx Peace deo but had no luck. I'm not the best at approaching or holding conversations with at all even when I'm drunk. As much I want to approach a girl I just get very high anxiety so I don't for fear I'll get called a vulture and get called ugly as well.
The last time I went out was almost a month ago. I just had a haircut, I wore smartish clothes, I wore Hugo Boss aftershave, Lynx Peace deo but had no luck. I'm not the best at approaching or holding conversations with at all even when I'm drunk. As much I want to approach a girl I just get very high anxiety so I don't for fear I'll get called a vulture and get called ugly as well.

That is exactly me.... I dunno how everyone around us just get girls right and left... I have no idea... Annoys me to be honest. I guess just try not think about it to much till you find someone you like. Try get a job because that helps slightly. I work in a pub cleaning pots because I refuse to speak to people that's how bad I am so you ain't alone pal.
That is exactly me.... I dunno how everyone around us just get girls right and left... I have no idea... Annoys me to be honest. I guess just try not think about it to much till you find someone you like. Try get a job because that helps slightly. I work in a pub cleaning pots because I refuse to speak to people that's how bad I am so you ain't alone pal.

Yeah I've seen guys at the clubs not putting much effort getting a girl they just go up to them whilst their dancing and they'd be all over him but if I was me who tried to do that'd be a different story. My communication skills are not best in general anyway I struggle with eye contact, keep the conversation flowing, I stutter, have slight but that's when I'm talking to people in general but when it comes girls I'm twice as worse so you don't wanna be in this situation.
To anyone who prompting me to get a job. First of all don't judge me because I don't have a job I ain't one of those typical benefits who can't be bothered to find a job because not everyone who's unemployed is like that. I claim ESA and if you don't know what it is then look it up.

Don't get me wrong I do want a job but the problem is I never made a CV but even if I did I don't think any job will take me since jobs look for experience and how am I suppose to get a job if I never had experience?

I've seen a careers adviser a few times and she recomended me some Prince's Trust
Yeah I've seen guys at the clubs not putting much effort getting a girl they just go up to them whilst their dancing and they'd be all over him but if I was me who tried to do that'd be a different story. My communication skills are not best in general anyway I struggle with eye contact, keep the conversation flowing, I stutter, have slight but that's when I'm talking to people in general but when it comes girls I'm twice as worse so you don't wanna be in this situation.

I don't want to be in it but I already am.. have a shot at POF another dating website... never know, Best of luck!
I don't want to be in it but I already am.. have a shot at POF another dating website... never know, Best of luck!

Tagged, Meet Me never gave my luck so I'll give POF a go anyway. Thank you so much for being so understanding and helpful!
Tagged, Meet Me never gave my luck so I'll give POF a go anyway. Thank you so much for being so understanding and helpful!

Anytime my friend! :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending