The Student Room Group

Trump hints at assassination of Hillary Clinton by gun rights supporters

US politics making the labour fighting look like a minor squabble

Trump hints at 2nd amendment (right to bear arms) to stop Hilary liberal judges
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/aug/09/trump-gun-owners-clinton-judges-second-amendment?CMP=share_btn_tw

How serious GOP players are still backing him is beyond me.

For the record I don't think Trump wants Clinton killed. But some crazy person hearing it may think that... So dangerous just look at what happened to Jo Cox
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I always find it interesting and funny to follow election races. so funny to watch as they promise mountains of gold, lying to people even not blushing, only to overtake one another by any means. luckily they have no rights to kill one another. :biggrin:
Reply 2
People need to calm down. It's banter.
Original post by IYGB
Gimme a gun and I will do it myself if that means Trump becomes president

Reported.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Whoa Trump ain't playing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
So that's his trump card against crooked Hilary, eh?
Reply 6
You can't stump the Trump.

Posted from TSR Mobile
If Hillary dies Trump dies too.
Original post by Monsanto
I always find it interesting and funny to follow election races. so funny to watch as they promise mountains of gold, lying to people even not blushing, only to overtake one another by any means. luckily they have no rights to kill one another. :biggrin:

I wouldn't go as far as it being funny, but I agree with you on the mountains of gold. The bizarre thing is that the US electorate seem to buy into it each and every time.

There is a great podcast on Freakenomics entitled "How Much Does the President Really Matter?" Turns out, not very much. At least not in domestic matters. Now in foreign matters - pretty important. This is primarily why Trump is bad for the world. He won't build a wall and he won't make America great again domestically. But it can seriously change the world view of the US in a very negative manner and that is where the true danger lies.

http://freakonomics.com/podcast/freakonomics-radio-how-much-does-the-president-really-matter/
Original post by Mathemagicien
I think he meant it as a joke... but one thing you should never do in politics is joke, because the media is looking for soundbites, and they don't care if the context is that of a joke or not.

Donald Trump is an idiot if he doesn't know this already.

All this comment shows is his inexperience of politics. I think he's using the media to his advantage and appealing to a large segment of the American populace who will appreciate his brash and unconventional approach.

I personally despise his politics, but appreciate the openness.
I think he meant it as a joke... but one thing you should never do in politics is joke, because the media is looking for soundbites, and they don't care if the context is that of a joke or not.

The most important line here is "I think he meant it as a joke" many wont see it as a joke which is why he's so dangerous.
He meant they'd vote against her to stop her.

Or, yknow, he was calling for her murder.

Believe whichever suits your agenda best ^^

Goooooo trump

His approach is "oh right, I know, I'm an idiot, so all you idiots out there, you can feel safe voting for me, haha".

In his mind, this is the same way Reagan got elected, appealing to the lowest common denominator, but the difference is that people could tell with Ronald Reagan that behind the folksy act there was some steel and a good mind (when it was still working) - in the case of Trump, all you can really see is that he's a blustering nonentity born into great wealth.
Original post by ByEeek
I wouldn't go as far as it being funny, but I agree with you on the mountains of gold. The bizarre thing is that the US electorate seem to buy into it each and every time.

There is a great podcast on Freakenomics entitled "How Much Does the President Really Matter?" Turns out, not very much. At least not in domestic matters. Now in foreign matters - pretty important. This is primarily why Trump is bad for the world. He won't build a wall and he won't make America great again domestically. But it can seriously change the world view of the US in a very negative manner and that is where the true danger lies.

http://freakonomics.com/podcast/freakonomics-radio-how-much-does-the-president-really-matter/

If this was Bush snr vs Bill or Hilary vs say Rubio then I would agree it would probably not make much difference. You could probably look at the 2010 uk election and say a similar thing - Osborne more or less carried out the same cuts Brown would have.

However I dont agree that is the case for Trump (or Corbyn) these people are extreme in their ideologies. They would change the system to its core and even though Trump may get blocked on many things he'd get enough through to make a huge difference.
Original post by skeptical_john
US politics making the labour fighting look like a minor squabble

Trump hints at 2nd amendment (right to bear arms) to stop Hilary liberal judges
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/aug/09/trump-gun-owners-clinton-judges-second-amendment?CMP=share_btn_tw

How serious GOP players are still backing him is beyond me.

For the record I don't think Trump wants Clinton killed. But some crazy person hearing it may think that... So dangerous just look at what happened to Jo Cox

jo cox was killed by the establishment just like lincoln and JFK were
and trump will be if he got in as well
They would change the system to its core and even though Trump may get blocked on many things he'd get enough through to make a huge difference.

But the rub is that they want to change things but can't. Corbyn will never get elected so won't be able to bring any change. Even if he did get elected anything he tried to implement would be watered down or thrown out by our four stage legislative process.

Trump won't achive much as President because it is actually the Senate and Congress that pass laws and given the opposition to him in his own party it is unlikely he would succeed with anything too radical.

What leaders do exert though is a figure head and public face of the country. What they say can be very influential on the world stage. That is where the real danger lies.
Original post by ByEeek
But the rub is that they want to change things but can't. Corbyn will never get elected so won't be able to bring any change. Even if he did get elected anything he tried to implement would be watered down or thrown out by our four stage legislative process.

Trump won't achive much as President because it is actually the Senate and Congress that pass laws and given the opposition to him in his own party it is unlikely he would succeed with anything too radical.

What leaders do exert though is a figure head and public face of the country. What they say can be very influential on the world stage. That is where the real danger lies.

There is a high probability Corbyn will not be elected but who knows maybe another 2008 banking crises could help him. But if he was there is a great many changes he could make, the lords for example are not supposed to vote against manifesto pledges and the same with financial bills.

In the US Trump could get the judicial branch on his side with his appointees and of course he would have control of the executive branch. More than enough to make huge changes. Moreover he would control party machinery so has a big say in who gets funded for running so over time the republicans become more like Trump
Original post by jamesthehustler
jo cox was killed by the establishment just like lincoln and JFK were
and trump will be if he got in as well

Ah yes I see your thinking

tin.jpg
There is a high probability Corbyn will not be elected but who knows maybe another 2008 banking crises could help him. But if he was there is a great many changes he could make, the lords for example are not supposed to vote against manifesto pledges and the same with financial bills.

In the US Trump could get the judicial branch on his side with his appointees and of course he would have control of the executive branch. More than enough to make huge changes. Moreover he would control party machinery so has a big say in who gets funded for running so over time the republicans become more like Trump

Perhaps. I still think the amount of power our leaders have is much smaller than we imagine. Just look at Cameron's fall from grace. One day he is the leader. Next day he has given 3 months notice. Two weeks later he is yesterday's news. Thatcher fell in a similar way. Despite Obama's sweeping victory in the US he has not been able to achieve that much because the houses were against him.
(edited 7 years ago)
strange that once Brexit went t**s up for the desperate assassins it totally left the news entirely with nothing about it being mentioned whatsoever
lincoln was killed for freeing the slaves as it angered the rich and powerful; plantation owning industrialists
JFK was killed as he tried to release files from area 51 and disband the secret service(they are accused of killing him, 'accidentally' not to mention his affairs with Marylin Monroe and others
and trump has annoyed quick a few billionaires and the DNC so it wouldn't be surprising if it does happen

nb- that cat is just so p***ed
Ah yes I see your thinking

tin.jpg
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending