The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

As of now I've applied for SW at:
JPM, CS and GS.
Are there any other open SWs?

Still not sure if I've done the best decision as I'm looking at some finance-related part-time work from September (Clients Relations and Campus Ambassador for different firms) and I can't include that in my CV :/
Original post by The Clockwork Apple
JPM, CS and GS.

Still not sure if I've done the best decision as I'm looking at some finance-related part-time work from September (Clients Relations and Campus Ambassador for different firms) and I can't include that in my CV :/

I'm sure you could mention that to representatives at networking events which banks hold at target unis if you told them you applied early.
I suppose you could've held off the GS app till later but i dont think its a huge issue

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gladiatorsword
I'm sure you could mention that to representatives at networking events which banks hold at target unis if you told them you applied early.
I suppose you could've held off the GS app till later but i dont think its a huge issue

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks
Where do you see when/where networking events are?
Thanks

You'd have to check once you start university i believe. If you're going to warwick someone here may be able to help you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gladiatorsword
You'd have to check once you start university i believe. If you're going to warwick someone here may be able to help you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm a second year on a 4 year course :smile:
UCL
JPM, CS and GS.

I hope you've started prepping for tests?
Original post by chrisidialu
Also does it make a difference me doing a 4 year course vs a 3 year course?

No.
Thanks

It'd be best to ask around at UCL but i believe most unis have some careers service or a financial careers related society where you're most likely to be well informed

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks

UCL EFS should have stuff going on once term starts and there's always the careers centre website for upcoming fairs/events.

Posted from TSR Mobile
thanks for the replies guys
Does anyone by any chance know what the SW dates are for different firms? (Approximately - Perhaps those from last year as a reference?)
Have 4 days of religious festivity in April so wouldn't be able to attend
Can you only apply to one division in JP Morgan? So you have to choose between markets and investment banking for example? Thanks :smile:
thanks for the replies guys
Does anyone by any chance know what the SW dates are for different firms? (Approximately - Perhaps those from last year as a reference?)
Have 4 days of religious festivity in April so wouldn't be able to attend

Dates tend to change every year, but last year the bulk was in April and spread across from late March to late April

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by economicss
Can you only apply to one division in JP Morgan? So you have to choose between markets and investment banking for example? Thanks :smile:

Think so :smile:
Original post by Princepieman
Dates tend to change every year, but last year the bulk was in April and spread across from late March to late April

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by President J
I hope you've started prepping for tests?

CS is the only one which has invited me to tests and I've already done them both. Numerical went great, verbal is yet to be seen
Edit: I WAS BORN READY
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 235
rbs sws are held in old smokey (edinburgh) and not in ldn?
Original post by exitopp
rbs sws are held in old smokey (edinburgh) and not in ldn?

Yes

Posted from TSR Mobile
Think so :smile:

Thanks!
Do you guys know which banks elaborate applications on a rolling basis? Also (this may come up as a stupid question..), do you have to wait until the start of your course in order to apply?

Thanks.

P.S. anyone else from York here?
Original post by Adrono
Do you guys know which banks elaborate applications on a rolling basis? Also (this may come up as a stupid question..), do you have to wait until the start of your course in order to apply?

Thanks.

P.S. anyone else from York here?

Everyone except GS and no.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending