The Student Room Group

GIRLS only- how long does your period last

My period will come every 24-27 days due to the fact I take the combined pill. My periods are pretty heavy and are sometimes very painful and sometimes no pain at all.
What are your period like?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

I only come on three/four times a year...
When I do its not too heavy and the pains are bearable- kinda😂
This is definitely more information than I should be sharing on the internet... but oh well.

Spoiler

5 days long
Day 1 - hurts so much :frown:
Day 2 - not too bad but heavy
Day 3 - hurts a lot :frown:
Day 4 - light and not too bad
Day 5 - I'm dead :shot: but light
Original post by Laurasaur
This is definitely more information than I should be sharing on the internet... but oh well.

Spoiler

Mines honestly almost identical to this lmao except most times I skip day 1 and 7
Original post by wickedisgood
mines honestly almost identical to this lmao except most times i skip day 1 and 7

Cycle sisters!! <3
Tears-Of-Joy.jpg
Reply 6
Original post by Laurasaur

Spoiler

I only have pain on the first day luckily, but this can vary from month to month. Sometimes I'll get pain on the first and secound day but get no pain on the others, just heavy bleeding

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by haj101
I only come on three/four times a year...
When I do its not too heavy and the pains are bearable- kinda😂

Ouch that must be horrible 😅😅

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Welshgirl20
I only have pain on the first day luckily, but this can vary from month to month. Sometimes I'll get pain on the first and secound day but get no pain on the others, just heavy bleeding

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's interesting to see the variety of pain girls experience on their monthlies... I know people who practically keel over, and others who just get mild discomfort. There's a spectrum going on here, I wonder what determines how much pain you feel?
For about 4/5 days. Going on pills soon idc. My period only hurts for the first 2 days. On the third day it's mild and on the last one/two days I cant feel anything at all
(edited 7 years ago)
Mine only lasts 3 days.. 4 days max! My period isn't that heavy or painful if I'm honest, just inconvenience.

My date randomly changes also. It's my 10 years of starting my period in October. How sad lmao!
Maximums 5 days. First and second day is usually unbearable but everything is usually okay after this*
I'm also using combined pill, so my body is like clockwork.

I start the Thursday of my rest week (the week I don't take a pill) and flow is very medium - light; I can use regular tampons/pads and the flow isn't even heavy enough to fully saturate them. Pain is mild; I might get a dull ache on the first or second day, but it's perfectly tolerable.
The last day is usually Monday (the day I start my pill again).

Before I was on the pill, my periods were horribly heavy, I would frequently leak so I'd have to use both a pad AND a tampon, and the pain was a lot worse.
My period will come every 24-27 days due to the fact I take the combined pill. My periods are pretty heavy and are sometimes very painful and sometimes no pain at all.
What are your period like?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Day 1 - light. Bloating and cramps
Day 2 - heaviest. Cramps.
Day 3 - lighter. Bloating returns
Day 4 - much lighter. No real symptoms
Day 5 - minimal. No symptoms
Day 6 - hooray.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm also using combined pill, so my body is like clockwork.

I start the Thursday of my rest week (the week I don't take a pill) and flow is very medium - light; I can use regular tampons/pads and the flow isn't even heavy enough to fully saturate them. Pain is mild; I might get a dull ache on the first or second day, but it's perfectly tolerable.
The last day is usually Monday (the day I start my pill again).

Before I was on the pill, my periods were horribly heavy, I would frequently leak so I'd have to use both a pad AND a tampon, and the pain was a lot worse.

My periods are very regural thanks to the combined pill, it hasn't had an effect upon how much I bleed though 😒

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lasts about 6-8 days:

1st day - Heavy with pain
2nd day - Heavy
3rd day - lighter, but still quite heavy
4th & 5th day - light
6-8th day - spotting/brown discharge

Average cycle is 32 days apparently. It sometimes comes a couple of days earlier, or a few days later than it should
(edited 7 years ago)
Anonymous because, you know, personal! :biggrin:

I have a really random cycle and it can be anywhere between 26 and 32 days between each cycle so I have no idea when to expect it (so many ruined clothes :bawling:). It starts off heavy and then gets really heavy for two days, followed by three to four days of lighter bleeding. Cramps are pretty bad for the first day or two, but nothing too bad!

I'm on the mini-pill now though so I don't get periods anymore :tongue:
My periods are very regural thanks to the combined pill, it hasn't had an effect upon how much I bleed though 😒

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think the effect varies depending on the pill you use individually. I'm currently on Yasmin with no problems, but my friends who have tried it had individual side effects such as migranes etc.
Different bodies react in different ways :smile:
Original post by loveleest
For about 4/5 days. Going on pills soon idc. My period only hurts for the first 2 days. On the third day it's mold and on the last one/two days I cant feel anything at all

You mean mild and not mould:s-smilie: ?
Well once i come off the pill i nornally start 3 days later. Then mine last around 9 days. And i cramp just before i come on.

Everyone is different. I don't get pains anymore during my period, but some do. 6 years down, many more to go. Yaaay

Quick Reply

Latest