The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Jesmond road accommodation: mixed or single gender flats?

Hi :smile:
as starting from september I will be living in the Uni accommodations in jesmond road flat B, I was wondering if the flats will be mixed gender or single sex ones?
thanks a lot to whoever will respond !!!
Original post by sara_z
Hi :smile:
as starting from september I will be living in the Uni accommodations in jesmond road flat B, I was wondering if the flats will be mixed gender or single sex ones?
thanks a lot to whoever will respond !!!

Hi,

There is usually more demand for mixed gender residences so more flats are set up that way :smile:

All the best,

Persephone
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Newcastle University
Hi,

There is usually more demand for mixed gender residences so more flats are set up that way :smile:

All the best,

Persephone

Thank you very much for your prompt reply. So what you're telling me is that I'll discover what kind of flat I'm in just when I'll arrive there ? can't I just email you with my details and ask you about this matter ? because when I first applied I asked to be allocated a single gender flat but as I said, in my offer letter I didn't see you mentioning it.
Original post by sara_z
Thank you very much for your prompt reply. So what you're telling me is that I'll discover what kind of flat I'm in just when I'll arrive there ? can't I just email you with my details and ask you about this matter ? because when I first applied I asked to be allocated a single gender flat but as I said, in my offer letter I didn't see you mentioning it.

Hi,

That's not what I meant, sorry for any confusion. I thought you were asking about the site generally, not about your own accommodation application.

If you requested single sex accommodation when you applied then you won't be allocated to a mixed gender flat.

If you contact Accommodation Services (make sure you include the full address of the room you've been given) then they can confirm this for you - or let you know if there have been any problems :smile:

All the best

Persephone
Reply 4
Original post by Newcastle University
Hi,

That's not what I meant, sorry for any confusion. I thought you were asking about the site generally, not about your own accommodation application.

If you requested single sex accommodation when you applied then you won't be allocated to a mixed gender flat.

If you contact Accommodation Services (make sure you include the full address of the room you've been given) then they can confirm this for you - or let you know if there have been any problems :smile:

All the best

Persephone

Thank you very much for your help, I really appreciate !! I actually posted this question on the official accommodation facebook page and your colleagues confirmed me that this year flat B in jesmond road will be a female flat :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending