The Student Room Group

Anybody else don't like where society is heading?

Scroll to see replies

I have no major problems with modern, Western society, it's great. We have more freedoms and opportunities than ever before in our history and I hope it continues that way.
I never understood this "OMFG we are heading towards something really bad." REALLY? I think humanity has always been f*** up, we've never been equal, NEVER, there have been plenty wars, unnecessary deaths, innocents suffering. Has anything changed? Ehm, not much. I'm sure people weren't faithful to each other in the past either, the church just prohibited divorces.

We have a lot more opportunities now than what our ancestors did, so that's better, other than that, society is as bad as it has always been.

Open a history book and you'll see some similarities among the eras...
Original post by lawlieto
I never understood this "OMFG we are heading towards something really bad." REALLY? I think humanity has always been f*** up, we've never been equal, NEVER, there have been plenty wars, unnecessary deaths, innocents suffering. Has anything changed? Ehm, not much. I'm sure people weren't faithful to each other in the past either, the church just prohibited divorces.

We have a lot more opportunities now than what our ancestors did, so that's better, other than that, society is as bad as it has always been.

Open a history book and you'll see some similarities among the eras...

I feel like literally only white men with their moral outrage say **** like this. As if women are so desperate to go back to more 'wholesome' times where they weren't allowed to work and had no voting rights or black people really wish they had the opportunity to be a slave. You have to be in a really privileged position to have some rose-tinted view of the past.
Original post by Hamo2509
I feel like literally only white men with their moral outrage say **** like this. As if women are so desperate to go back to more 'wholesome' times where they weren't allowed to work and had no voting rights or black people really wish they had the opportunity to be a slave. You have to be in a really privileged position to have some rose-tinted view of the past.

We have to take the cheese with the cheesball.

Well, I'm white :smile:
I'm not desperate to go back, I wouldn't go back, I enjoy the benefits of "free" (ish) education which I wouldn't have had in the past, all I'm saying is that this society has always been bad and unjust, and we're not heading anywhere as humanity, we're just in a loop and the world is not going to be better or worse. There will be always wars and suffering, and however we look at it, it can't be stopped.
Original post by Washington.
Single mothers are a pox on society. Stupid women who dont know how to keep their legs closed making stupid decisions which the taxpayer has to pay for.

Because a baby is 100% the fault of a stupid woman. Nice life view there.

For almost all of the single mothers I know, having a baby has been the best decision for them. They stopped drugs, smoking and drinking to bring another person into the world and I think that's beautiful ^^

In response to the disgusting, misogynistic second half of your post - you do realise a man stuffing it in, splashing it out and then contributing nothing to the baby he just created is the less thought out decision of the two? The woman has to decide whether to keep the baby or not - a man only gets to decide he makes it at all. If you don't want more single mothers, wrap it up before you go inside (; can't blame single mothers for their legs being open when it the bloke should've worn a condom.

If thats your true opinion then ok, I change my mind, I am worried about society. And how young men are raised to treat human beings that lack a penis as though we are some kind of sex crazed scum.
Nobody means divorced women when they say "single mothers".

They mean the idiot young women who were stupid enough to get knocked up by the local badboy, and lo and f****ng behold are surprised when the guy doesnt stick around to raise the kid.

Do you know how sex works, sweet child? You seem to believe it's a solitary activity, what with you placing sole blame on the woman?

I know, I remember a well-known poster on here saying how they wish they could go back to the 50s. Guess their race, class and gender. Some individuals actually miss the notion of being the privileged gender, race and class. As opposed to equality, they'd rather remain on top.

Fortunately they are a minority.
Lawl
:toofunny:
Marriages are definitely not lasting longer, and reduced divorce rate is tied to fact marriage rate has reduced.

Nah, I think you're pretty much making that all up.
Original post by Twinpeaks
Do you know how sex works, sweet child? You seem to believe it's a solitary activity, what with you placing sole blame on the woman?

It is the woman's fault. They chose who they slept with. They chose poorly and now the taxpayer has to pay for the consequences.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 32
Original post by Anonymous
Marriages don't last, people seem to only care about sex and cheating is epidemic. It's all about consumerism, materialism and just in general obsessing with what celebrities do. 1/4 of all families are run by single mothers

Divorce is by far the least problem that society as a whole has.

Mass economic migration to Europe.
Dictators such as Erdogan and Putin and well they are not even real dictators because for some reason large parts of their populations actually love them. How ****ed up is that.
Then there is random **** that might become huge problems such as lack of antibiotics.

I don't know man, in the grand scheme of things, divorces and morons watching reality celebrity TV is far, far down the list.
Reply 33
Marriages are definitely not lasting longer, and reduced divorce rate is tied to fact marriage rate has reduced.

You clearly don't understand what the term "rate" means. Fifty out of a hundred marriages failing is the same divorce rate as 25 out of 50.
Reply 34
It is the woman's fault. They chose who they slept with. They chose poorly and now the taxpayer has to pay for the consequences.

So why doesn't the taxpayer start making the man responsible being held accountable? You can't whine if you don't do anything about it.
Pick up a history book about Ancient Greece, or even The Bible will do. It has always been this way.
Original post by inhuman
You clearly don't understand what the term "rate" means. Fifty out of a hundred marriages failing is the same divorce rate as 25 out of 50.
Aware of the distinction. I actually crossed terms to simplify the discussion for the audience.

Original post by inhuman
So why doesn't the taxpayer start making the man responsible being held accountable? You can't whine if you don't do anything about it.

Women are the gatekeepers of sex. They are the ones who decide which men get to have sex. So they are the ones that should be held accountable.
Reply 37
I don't like where society is heading. We're losing more rights and freedoms as the manufactured 'war on terror' is used as a bogeyman by the elites to control the population. The engineered migrant crisis will tear Europe apart, the debt-based economy will collapse, a pandemic is due, NATO aggression towards Russia, need I continue? History indeed repeats itself. Every great civilization eventually sees its demise. Western civilization shall also come to an end. Indeed, there are plans for a New World Order - a totalitarian one world government. Even if you don't believe in this, or the holy books' warnings of apocalypse in the end-times, you can still see a society that is spiritually impoverished, selfish, brainwashed. Society is increasingly divided, less by social class, but more by identity politics. Gender/race are dividing us, for example, and this is perpetuated by the mass media. I don't see any way to fix this, unfortunately.
Reply 38
Aware of the distinction. I actually crossed terms to simplify the discussion for the audience.

Women are the gatekeepers of sex. They are the ones who decide which men get to have sex. So they are the ones that should be held accountable.

Lol "banned"... :biggrin:

gatekeepers of sex ahahahahahaha

someone's frustrated.

Wow what the ****? You need help.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending