The Student Room Group

How long should it take to self teach all of these modules?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by alow
Read the books then do every other question in the book. Try some past papers and then look at videos if there's anything you don't get.

Do you mean to do every other question in the Mixed exercises or just all of them?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
Original post by Eden00
Do you mean to do every other question in the Mixed exercises or just all of them?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Every other.
Reply 22
Original post by alow
Every other.

I mean, should I only do that in the mixed exercises, or all of the exercises in the book

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
Original post by Eden00
With this limited amount of time would you say to just read the textbooks (I have them on PDF) and do some questions? Or watch exam solutions on things that I am not entirely sure about

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just watched exam solution videos and did past papers, worked out fine. Admittedly, I did a lot less than 8 hours a day.
Reply 24
Original post by Eden00
I mean, should I only do that in the mixed exercises, or all of the exercises in the book

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have no idea what mixed exercises means. All of them.
Original post by alow
I have no idea what mixed exercises means. All of them.

Mixed exercises are those which may mix one or two topics from the previous chapters together; or two or more different methods etc... as opposed to practicing questions specific to a single topic or idea. Books have both, and mixed exercises are usually at the end of each chapter.
Original post by RDKGames
Mixed exercises are those which may mix one or two topics from the previous chapters together; or two or more different methods etc... as opposed to practicing questions specific to a single topic or idea. Books have both, and mixed exercises are usually at the end of each chapter.

RDK!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28

Okay
Yes?

Where's Qasim?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30
Original post by Habina786xx
Where's Qasim?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Uh, can you not hijack threads? Thanks.
Original post by Eden00
I will have a go at this then, thank you! Some of the revision guide questions do seem easy, so I'll be selective when going through. How do I not get discouraged if I get low UMS in papers that I attempt? I feel like I will

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thats just part of the process. I have no magic solution to this, when the time comes you'll deal with it.

Ans its fine to ask how long will x y z take, but you can quickly work it out for yourself when you get stuck in.

Quick Reply

Latest