The Student Room Group

Boyfriend spent all night drinking with another girl

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I'm a guy and I know guys better than guys know themselves.

I've seen it, been through it and know it. The moment you said they met again for a coffee I knew the deal.

I'm sorry at how negative this is but he's meeting her because hes interested in her. Now I cant say if they've done anything because I dont know either of their personalities but staying up, meeting for coffees, meeting again and being alone at his place I would only assume the worst if I were you and do you know what? I would have every single bloody right to as well.

All this "cant he have a female friend?" bs that also applies to male friends for girls is so patronising. YES. Of course he/she can have friends wtf but "friends" dont meet at apartments alone and drink until 5 in the morning.

The ONLY thing in his favour is he's being honest and telling you he's with her etc. A cheater would probably attempt to hide that but maybe hes just an idiot too who has no clue about what he's actually doing.

Btw all of this applies to females cheating too I'm just sick of it all now. Our society is plagued with dishonesty in relationships these days.

Best of luck and never forget who you are and your value. You can lose him/keep him but you'll always have your value that no one can take away so dont settle for less and that goes to anyone reading this!
Reply 21
I'm all for being nonchalant rather than possessive in a relationship. And you're right some freedom and trust in relation to female friends is required. But this as described I think is taking the piss. I would tell him this assertively rather than emotionally and let him know you want it to stop.
Original post by Joshale
have a talk with him, personally I would rather be drinking with my mates than my girlfriend, but if it's a recent girl then sit down with him and tell him you're not comfortable with it

Yeah, that's totally understandable. I have no issues with that or with female friends per se (as I said, if he was doing the exact same things with someone he'd known for a while, I wouldn't even give it a second thought). It's more that this seems like a very strange way for a new "friendship" to be developing.
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah, that's totally understandable. I have no issues with that or with female friends per se (as I said, if he was doing the exact same things with someone he'd known for a while, I wouldn't even give it a second thought). It's more that this seems like a very strange way for a new "friendship" to be developing.

He's pretty much gone, I'm afraid. I'd give it 80:20 that they've already had sex.

Either way, I don't think there's much left for you. I'd just try and make your peace with it and not have and stress. If anyone asks, just say he's doing his own thing and you think its over.

He's probably feeling on top of the world right now. The worst thing you could do is to have sex with him. In his mind, that would be confirmation that he can do whatever he likes. Conversely, if you get crazy with him, you'd just be the crazy gf.

Give him 3 days. If he doesn't contact you, or come see you in person - (whatsapp or messenger doesn't count) then just let him drift off and start doing your own thing.
Original post by Washington.
Please OP do not listen to this trite.

You've never even had a bf right and yet you feel qualified to tell her what she should do in her relationship?

Lord god, this website really is full of the blind leading the blind.

She asked for opinions and advice. This is my opinion and I have a right to give it and if OP wants to listen or not then that is her choice. Not that it is any of your business but yes I have had relationships before so making remarks like that is unnecessary. You have no right to tell me if I am qualified to post or not.
Original post by Trinculo
He's pretty much gone, I'm afraid. I'd give it 80:20 that they've already had sex.

Either way, I don't think there's much left for you. I'd just try and make your peace with it and not have and stress. If anyone asks, just say he's doing his own thing and you think its over.

He's probably feeling on top of the world right now. The worst thing you could do is to have sex with him. In his mind, that would be confirmation that he can do whatever he likes. Conversely, if you get crazy with him, you'd just be the crazy gf.

Give him 3 days. If he doesn't contact you, or come see you in person - (whatsapp or messenger doesn't count) then just let him drift off and start doing your own thing.

Yeah... We're leaving on holiday together tonight as well.
I was really looking forward to it, now not so much.
Fml.
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah... We're leaving on holiday together tonight as well.
I was really looking forward to it, now not so much.
Fml.

Ah.

Awkward doesn't even begin to describe.
Original post by bluemadhatter
She asked for opinions and advice. This is my opinion and I have a right to give it and if OP wants to listen or not then that is her choice. Not that it is any of your business but yes I have had relationships before so making remarks like that is unnecessary. You have no right to tell me if I am qualified to post or not.

I didnt say you arent entitled to your opinion. I said your opinion is bulls**t :smile:
Natural to feel a bit uncomfortable but at the same time he is allowed to have a social life and friends with the opposite sex.
Original post by Trinculo
Ah.

Awkward doesn't even begin to describe.

It's going to be one fun Megabus journey, that's for sure.
Reply 30
I agree. You guys are match made. True love

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending