The Student Room Group

What precentage of your salary do/would you give your parents?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AutisticMew
I told my mother that when I get a job I would give her 30% of my wages.

How much would/do you give your parent(s)?

Why would you give them money? Unless it's for rent or/and they're financially unstable.
Original post by jamestg
Why would you give them money? Unless it's for rent or/and they're financially unstable.

You answered your own q bro

Posted from TSR Mobile
[video="youtube;2V3CfD8TPac"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2V3CfD8TPac[/video]
My mum is pretty poor so I had to pay the entire rent because she wasn't eligible for housing benefit anymore with my salary.
Zero.
Hmm, maybe 10% but they definitely deserve more than that.
0% x
Ill give my mom nothing if she can manage her finance well but if she cant then ill support her living altho i wouldnt let her live a super luxurious life. And as for my dad ill buy him a house and for my half bros,

And I would like to support my grandmother if she lives longer
However much they want
I would give them as much as they want, however as a teacher I won't have that much to give but it's worth it because I get to help people be their best. Hopefully that will make my parents happy enough and not the money I earn.
None.

My parents would never accept money from me.

As admirable as it is to contribute, my parents believe that their duty is to provide for the children. And in turn, my duty is to provide for my kids, and I would never ask them for money, regardless of how old they are, or how much they are earning.

The only time my parents have asked for money is when they struggled for one month due to extra expenses. I happily gave it and I don't expect them (or want them) to pay it back to me.
0% :biggrin:

Spoiler

Reply 32
I give money towards rent, the bills and pay for my own food and stuff. sometimes i will do the grocery shopping for my family and when they say 'how much do i owe you' i say nah its ok. after all my mum cooks most of my food so its the least i can do
If I could I would. When you have to rent your own place, pay your own bills, need to save up for a car/house/etc, it's difficult to find the money to give away.

If I lived at home and worked, then I would definitely give my parents money. (Although I doubt my parent would accept it).

Of course if they needed the money, I would help them and not expect them to pay it back.
Original post by Princepieman
You answered your own q bro

Posted from TSR Mobile

Damn :biggrin:

(Good luck for results day before I forget!!)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending