The Student Room Group

Ignorance is bliss

I was just wondering what people thought about this.
Do you think that in relation to results day, ignorance is bliss? Because to some not knowing allows ever lasting hope but to others it creates night terrors and ruins the holidays.
Original post by anon1700
Do you think that in relation to results day, ignorance is bliss? Because to some not knowing allows ever lasting hope but to others it creates night terrors and ruins the holidays.

Personally I do think it's bliss because right now I can just enjoy my holidays (although I'm probably wasting a lot of it), but once results come out I'll have to start actually sorting things for uni and getting ready to move out and everything so it's nice just being able to chill now.

There's nothing we can do about results now, so I'm honestly just trying to ignore that they're a thing really.
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Fox Corner so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

For me, I cannot relax and enjoy my holidays because of my future being so uncertain. I just want to know already :frown:

That being said, I will probably stand there with the envelope for 5 minutes solid because I'll be too scared to open it. (I need my grades to phone up my dream university in Clearing)
I'd say for me it was but then again I had some incite to what I was getting but I never really planned to go on in education where I would need a grade to get in so was willing to accept whatever I got as I had my plan worked out and it was paying me quite well even then
Reply 5

I was literally thinking about this with a friend the other day. She said she would be happy never knowing, because she's enjoying her holiday in peace without thinking about it. But I've been a wreck so far this holiday, and I know that I'll only calm down once I see what I got. Because I'm kind of in limbo now, and I can't make any plans without my results. It's also a curiosity thing, it just bugs me that my results are out there and I haven't got them yet!:biggrin:
Reply 6
Original post by TSR Jessica
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Fox Corner so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Thanks so much for the advice and thanks to everyone who has already replied!!
It is really interesting to see what everyone thinks...

Quick Reply

Latest