The Student Room Group

A level results worries

Hiya,So I sat my first year of A levels this summer. I'm really worried about my results, I can't stop thinking about them. I felt like I did well when I sat them but now I'm worried I haven't passed. Anyone else feeling like this? Anyone ever had to resit their AS level again?
Please try not to worry so much about your results! Even if you don't do as well as you'd hoped, there are ways to try and resolve the issue, e.g. remarks, retaking units etc.

When I was in sixth form, I had to resit my Unit 1 Geography exam (I got a low C in it). I got an A in my retake, and ended up with a B overall at A2, which was what I needed. Try not to stress too much about your results, you've done your best and all you can do now is wait for the results, then decide what to do about them (if they aren't what you hoped) afterwards :smile:
Reply 2
Okay thank you. Im glad you managed to get what you needed. I will try not to worry.

Original post by Leviathan1741
Please try not to worry so much about your results! Even if you don't do as well as you'd hoped, there are ways to try and resolve the issue, e.g. remarks, retaking units etc.

When I was in sixth form, I had to resit my Unit 1 Geography exam (I got a low C in it). I got an A in my retake, and ended up with a B overall at A2, which was what I needed. Try not to stress too much about your results, you've done your best and all you can do now is wait for the results, then decide what to do about them (if they aren't what you hoped) afterwards :smile:
You can't change anything now, none of us can. You shouldn't worry about AS too much anyway, a lot of people under perform at AS and resit the exams the next year with more experience within the subject and do much better. You'll be fine but even if your results are lower than expected you've got plenty of options :smile: Meanwhile I'm waiting on my A2 results and AS resit results to see if I get to go to university, now that's stressful.
Reply 4
Okay thank you for your advice. Good luck with your results!

Original post by Elastichedgehog
You can't change anything now, none of us can. You shouldn't worry about AS too much anyway, a lot of people under perform at AS and resit the exams the next year with more experience within the subject and do much better. You'll be fine but even if your results are lower than expected you've got plenty of options :smile: Meanwhile I'm waiting on my A2 results and AS resit results to see if I get to go to university, now that's stressful.
Original post by Midmore
Hiya,So I sat my first year of A levels this summer. I'm really worried about my results, I can't stop thinking about them. I felt like I did well when I sat them but now I'm worried I haven't passed. Anyone else feeling like this? Anyone ever had to resit their AS level again?

I had to redo the whole of year 12 - it's nowhere near as bad as people make out! I'm sure you'll pass anyway but I know exactly how you feel... I finished A2 this year and am terrified!
Original post by Midmore

I think 99% of the student population go through this phase. Why would you need to resit them if they don't count towards the final A Level? It's a mock if anything.
Reply 7
Thank you for that and best of luck!

Original post by emiloujess
I had to redo the whole of year 12 - it's nowhere near as bad as people make out! I'm sure you'll pass anyway but I know exactly how you feel... I finished A2 this year and am terrified!
Reply 8
Original post by Midmore

Quite a few in my school resat the year and most of us resat at least one if not more exams (I resat 2- though I keep forgetting these will influence my A2 results:redface:) so there's ALWAYS something you can do if you don't feel your exams went as well as you hoped.
The main thing to realise, and trust me it's hard, is that the exams are done now, your grades have been set and you can't change that, they're isn't any point stressing out. We all do though, so try to distract yourself until maybe the day before (that's what I'm trying) and then allow a bit of worrying as that's completely normal.

This might help (or not, but feel free to laugh because I laughed out loud in a crowded hall at this)...I got a U in biology AS coursework, I literally got 8/50. Found it hilarious...still got a C overall though!
Reply 9
Thank you. I will try to distract myself. That's good you still got a C! Well done!

Original post by smegsxo
Quite a few in my school resat the year and most of us resat at least one if not more exams (I resat 2- though I keep forgetting these will influence my A2 results:redface:) so there's ALWAYS something you can do if you don't feel your exams went as well as you hoped.
The main thing to realise, and trust me it's hard, is that the exams are done now, your grades have been set and you can't change that, they're isn't any point stressing out. We all do though, so try to distract yourself until maybe the day before (that's what I'm trying) and then allow a bit of worrying as that's completely normal.

This might help (or not, but feel free to laugh because I laughed out loud in a crowded hall at this)...I got a U in biology AS coursework, I literally got 8/50. Found it hilarious...still got a C overall though!

Quick Reply

Latest