The Student Room Group

You can learn much faster at home

Much easier to get straight A*s if you have all the time in the world to study, as you would do if you didn't have to go to school every day. Schools keep teachers off the streets. That is all you can say for them.
Original post by Eiffel888
Much easier to get straight A*s if you have all the time in the world to study, as you would do if you didn't have to go to school every day. Schools keep teachers off the streets. That is all you can say for them.

Some people actually prefer school. Rather than being locked in their homes and having to study all alone.

I find it better when I have a teacher explain more difficult concepts. For instance, I found Dijkstra's algorithm hard to learn by using Wikipedia alone, and I got it almost immediately when a teacher explained it to me.
Good sides and bad sides to teachers.
The internet is not a perfect resource.
Whereas teachers can improve along with you the internet runs along as its own pace.

80% of my teachers suck but if you're lucky you;ll find a good one.

In general for my in particular i would use the internet .... If i had a better wifi connection......
Social contact actually destroys my grades..... I become stupid around other people and i can't conduct myself.
Even my immune system gives up when im in schoool.
Every time i go to school im sick but the moment i reach my door step all the mucous stops flowing and i can breathe again.
People really stifle my breath and existence.

I learn much faster at home and can easily get an A*, but sometimes going to school makes it easier and you get more help.
Reply 5
And keep the unions happy..
no mattwr how fast I can learn that doesn't mean I learn it well whenever I miss a few classes and have to learn something by myself I my learn and understand it but I forget it so quickly as oppose to when learning from a teacher. Also you have all the tine in the world to study as school you study and you can choose whether to study at home if you want. You can also meet friends at school which is so much better than trying to make friends online or just staying at home alone. Interaction with other people is what keeps us sane mostly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Agreed. You cannot rely on a teacher to explain everything to you because sometimes they have misconceptions, or they misunderstood what you said, although sometimes they know something insiders know that isn't easy to find on the internet. To be successful you need like 1 hour a week of talking to a teacher to clear up problems. (inb4 someone calls me disabled)
Reply 8
I think schools also offer the chance to meet new people and to put yourself in circumstances you would not experience otherwise. And I personally learn better with a teacher. I had to learn the entire FM GCSE course myself, luckily during study leave a teacher was available at times to explain some concepts to me, and I learned the syllabus at twice the speed. Also however it forces you into a regular routine, like in a real job later in life. Learning from home you can go : "I'll do it later" or "I'd prefer to do this". So your weaker subjects and areas get weaker. Whilst revising topics yourself at home is fine or even reading over notes before going through it in class, learning with a teacher is the best way for most people to learn. And what about those who abuse the trust of the Government/school that they are learning? I know over half my friends would rather sit at home playing video games all day than working. School can also teach social interaction, a useful skill for later in life especially if you have to communicate with others in your job. And ,although it has already been said, tolerance and human rights and equality are not really something you learn from your own room, in fact the internet is possibly the worst place you could learn that from. Just take a look at some of the most recent threads, people hating on TSR for having a LGBT logo at the top of the page and threads about trans-gender people not deserving their treatment on the NHS.
Reply 9
Some people wouldn't even revise
Plus teachers advise us and coursework etc.
School also teaches up to get up early ready for the world of work
School also provides structure
School is good as it allows people to interact
Allows us to make life long friends easier
Allows us to meet people with similar goals
Allows us resources, not everybody can afford a laptop or phone or books. School can provide this for free and food.

Tl;Dr school is good

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
I agree. If you learn on your own you can watch videos, pause have a think, rewind and keep watching it without a teacher giving you homework on something you already know inside out. It does seem like a waste of time turning up to school.
Original post by BobSausage
I think schools also offer the chance to meet new people and to put yourself in circumstances you would not experience otherwise. And I personally learn better with a teacher. I had to learn the entire FM GCSE course myself, luckily during study leave a teacher was available at times to explain some concepts to me, and I learned the syllabus at twice the speed. Also however it forces you into a regular routine, like in a real job later in life. Learning from home you can go : "I'll do it later" or "I'd prefer to do this". So your weaker subjects and areas get weaker. Whilst revising topics yourself at home is fine or even reading over notes before going through it in class, learning with a teacher is the best way for most people to learn. And what about those who abuse the trust of the Government/school that they are learning? I know over half my friends would rather sit at home playing video games all day than working. School can also teach social interaction, a useful skill for later in life especially if you have to communicate with others in your job. And ,although it has already been said, tolerance and human rights and equality are not really something you learn from your own room, in fact the internet is possibly the worst place you could learn that from. Just take a look at some of the most recent threads, people hating on TSR for having a LGBT logo at the top of the page and threads about trans-gender people not deserving their treatment on the NHS.

This 👍🏾🙌🏾👏🏾

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
home is boring.

Horses for courses.
Some people have problems with distraction.
Teachers aren't as useless as you're implying but I agree otherwise. If going to school was really beneficial when it comes to doing well in exams, surely study leave wouldn't be a thing?

Did you go to school or did you home school yourself?
Have you asked your parents if you can stay off school and explained your method to them?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending