The Student Room Group

UCL

Nerves are getting the better of me as thousands of us await A level results next week. I have an offer from UCL for chemistry and I am required to get AAB. Somehow, I am less confident now than I was 6 weeks ago. Can you please let me know (1) does UCL follow the points or UCAS tarriff system - so would A*AC be the same as AAB as far as UCL is concerned? and (2) I have read that this year many universities will take in students who might narrowly miss their grade. While of course there are no guarantees, based on history would you know if with ABB I might still make it to chemistry at UCL though their requirement is AAB? Thank you
Original post by Knotsandcrosses
Nerves are getting the better of me as thousands of us await A level results next week. I have an offer from UCL for chemistry and I am required to get AAB. Somehow, I am less confident now than I was 6 weeks ago. Can you please let me know (1) does UCL follow the points or UCAS tarriff system - so would A*AC be the same as AAB as far as UCL is concerned? and (2) I have read that this year many universities will take in students who might narrowly miss their grade. While of course there are no guarantees, based on history would you know if with ABB I might still make it to chemistry at UCL though their requirement is AAB? Thank you

It's very likely they'll let you in with A*AC/ ABB, provided that chemistry is at least an A grade.

Quick Reply

Latest