The Student Room Group

Is it common to achieve F in an exam?

Without cheating or absence?
Or leaving the exam blank ofc..

Scroll to see replies

is it possible for someone to achieve an F,
despite the fact that he worked very hard for the exams?
(and said that the exams weren't hard)
could it be a mistake made by the sqa?
if so, how common do these mistakes happen?
sorry for bombarding you with lots of questions...
It all depends but surley, someone who worked really hard can't get an F.
if the school accidentally lost the paper, hence the reason of achieving F, would that show up on the certificate?
cheers :smile:
Original post by Junioh
if the school accidentally lost the paper, hence the reason of achieving F, would that show up on the certificate?
cheers :smile:

The F grade would appear on the certificate :smile: however if the school have lost the paper, then I very highly doubt a reason would appear on the certificate

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Blackstarr
It all depends but surley, someone who worked really hard can't get an F.

that was what i was thinking... so I'm trying to go through the possibilities of achieving F :/
Original post by ohhello92x
The F grade would appear on the certificate :smile: however if the school have lost the paper, then I very highly doubt a reason would appear on the certificate

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks
it says no award on the certificateon the text sent to him, it says F
Original post by Junioh
thanks
it says no award on the certificateon the text sent to him, it says F

Oh so it says 'no award' instead of an 'F' (sorry if it sounds like a stupid question, just want to clarify :redface:)? If it says 'no award' then you'd have achieved a 'U'! I know on GCSE certificates I have I have had an 'F' grade on a subject and it appeared on the certificate, maybe it's all changed since then idk :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
prelims?
i thought appeals are stopped now
okay thanks :smile:
Original post by ohhello92x
Oh so it says 'no award' instead of an 'F' (sorry if it sounds like a stupid question, just want to clarify :redface:)? If it says 'no award' then you'd have achieved a 'U'! I know on GCSE certificates I have I have had an 'F' grade on a subject and it appeared on the certificate, maybe it's all changed since then idk :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

he signed up for the text&email results, it says f
then on the certificate it said no award?
he sat the exams, without cheating..
idk... :/
thank you
Well if you've really studied for it, and you claim the exam was easy/average, and those around you also claim so. then surely not.
I know quite a few people who have got F's in their exams. It's not totally uncommon and I doubt the SQA made a mistake.
Original post by A+Hunter
Well if you've really studied for it, and you claim the exam was easy/average, and those around you also claim so. then surely not.

Original post by rebeccas23
I know quite a few people who have got F's in their exams. It's not totally uncommon and I doubt the SQA made a mistake.

thank you guys :smile:
Sometimes the exam board makes a mistake in adding up the marks. Get a clerical check on the paper. It's also possible that it was marked incorrectly, so get a remark and see if it changes. I've known people to go up by 3 grades.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hudamh
Sometimes the exam board makes a mistake in adding up the marks. Get a clerical check on the paper. It's also possible that it was marked incorrectly, so get a remark and see if it changes. I've known people to go up by 3 grades.

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah i have suggested for a remark, but my school is quite reluctant to do so(unless you're missing by 1/2 marks)
wow... go up by 3 grades? is it possible for stem subjects?
thank you
Reply 16
Original post by Junioh
is it possible for someone to achieve an F,
despite the fact that he worked very hard for the exams?
(and said that the exams weren't hard)
could it be a mistake made by the sqa?
if so, how common do these mistakes happen?

I have achieved a 'U' for my math's M1 As. and worked so hard!
Yes, yes it is...
Original post by jgjog3
I have achieved a 'U' for my math's M1 As. and worked so hard!
Yes, yes it is...

U? is this for gcse/a-levels?
sorry to hear that :frown:
Original post by Junioh
Without cheating or absence?
Or leaving the exam blank ofc..

Yes, it is common on council estates.
Reply 19
Original post by Junioh
U? is this for gcse/a-levels?
sorry to hear that :frown:

Yes it was a unit in A-level further math.
Don't worry
Thanks though

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending