The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MessyEffy
OMG I literally bought my favourite pens from Tesco today! lmao they're colour papermate pens and I cannot revise or make nice notes without them haha. Staples sell them for nearly £10 but there's a huge sale on Tesco and I got it for £2.50!!

Imagine I don't even get into Uni...

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

KMN

Oh my god this made me laugh! I'm just hyped as you are 😂😂

and seriously big sale at tesco? Is that for all stationary because I'm in love with the stabilo and stadelar pens!!!! They're best for revision:smile:

M
Original post by randoms132
Ya! Stationery shopping is what i live for, i love that crap so much :':wink:
And maybe check eBay!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahaha yeah me and my mother are totally in love with stationary shopping so we don't mind it!
I heard Amazon is good as well but whsmith are doing up to 75% sale and it's not too bad, don't know where to buy stuff from yet!
Original post by Lularose83
How is everyone feeling today?😊

I'm starting to feel the results day blues now.... in a way I just want the day to hurry up so I can find out my AS grades. If they're good, great, I can prepare for Year 13 and celebrate with my family. Also I know that my grades will be good enough for uni offers :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bishbashbosh123
Ahaha yeah me and my mother are totally in love with stationary shopping so we don't mind it!
I heard Amazon is good as well but whsmith are doing up to 75% sale and it's not too bad, don't know where to buy stuff from yet!

yh also if u get a hsbc student account you can get a free £60 amazon gift card
I'm going from anxious to irritable - I really just wanna get my results now!! Lmao.
Original post by Inexorably
I'm going from anxious to irritable - I really just wanna get my results now!! Lmao.

Mum thinks I'm hormonal:redface: which I am, but I'm feeling the results day blues now which makes it even worse!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sugar_1998
yh also if u get a hsbc student account you can get a free £60 amazon gift card

No way?! That's sick oh my days. Is it still there as an offer? Do I have to ask them for it?!
I'm starting to panic even harder smh.
No way?! That's sick oh my days. Is it still there as an offer? Do I have to ask them for it?!

yh i got my account the other week, its still open just need to set up an appointment
Santanders railcard is better imo
Original post by SH0405
:tsr:

2016 AS/A2 Results Day Thread
GOOD LUCK! SH0405

days to go

Having received my A2 results last year, I thought I'd make this thread (again). Below are some useful links (and people) to answer any questions you may have. If you think of something that might be useful, let me know. Good Luck!

Are you AS or A2?

What subjects are you taking?

To which university are you hoping to go?

To study which subject?

If applicable, what were your AS grades?

What grades are required for your desired degree?

What grades are you predicted?

How did your exams go?

How are you feeling about results day?

Anything else to add?

FAQs
[Credit to @PQ]

Results

Have mark schemes been released?
Some mark schemes may be available. Edexcel mark schemes can be found below.

When do grade boundaries get released?
There is no exact time for when grade boundaries are released. However, they are often released a day or so before results.

When can I collect my results from school/college?
That depends on the arrangements your school/college make - if you don't know the time then ring them up on Wednesday the 17th (there should be someone in that day) and ask.

How do I collect my results online?
Again, this depends on your exam boards and/or your school/college. If you don't know then ask them directly.

When do unis get our results?
UCAS get the results from the exam boards approximately a week before results day. They spend a day or two matching them to your applications and then send them on to universities either overnight Friday or Saturday. Universities then spend Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday MANUALLY comparing every offer to the results to decide whether applicants have met their offers or not (and if not whether they can be accepted with lower grades).

Track on Results Day

When will Track update?
Track will go live between 6am and 8am on results day. UCAS are saying 8am - it might go live earlier. It WON'T go live at midnight. At that point EVERYONE will be able to see any decisions that their universities have sent to UCAS.Just because it's live doesn't mean it will update for everyone. About 100,000 people the year before last didn't get a clear answer from Track first thing on Results Day - they had to collect their results and then ring up their firm/insurance unit.

My Track didn't change - is it worth hitting refresh until it does?
NO - once Track goes live again it then gets re-frozen in that state (because UCAS need to handle everyone and their dog hitting refresh constantly). Track WILL NOT CHANGE between 6am and midday. Hitting refresh just slows things down for everyone else. Give yourself some good karma - get off Track and go and buy the Telegraph(just in case), get together your contact numbers for your unis, top your phone up with credit (and charge it) and get ready to collect your results from School.

My Track didn't change! That means I failed!
NO - Universities have to MANUALLY compare every set of results with the offer conditions - even if it's a simple YES or NO for every one of those that means a lot of data input to put in to their database to send through to UCAS.If Track hasn't changed then that means that either:
a) You've met your offer and your uni knows that and hasn't got round to telling UCAS.
b) You've met your offer and your uni doesn't know that because your results got muddled up so they're waiting to talk to you to check before telling UCAS.
c) You've missed your offer but your uni wants you anyway but hasn't got round to telling UCAS.
d) You've imssed your offer but your uni want to make you an offer for a similar but less full course and haven't got round to telling UCAS.
e) You've missed your offer and your uni haven't decided yet whether they can take you or not - they might need to see how many Insurance people they have to take before they know they've got room first.
f) You've missed your offer and your firm uni doesn't want you but hasn't got round to telling UCAS.In other words - if Track hasn't changed that doesn't give ANY indication as to whether your results are good or bad. In fact in some ways it's good - of those applicants who got a definite answer on results day last year...?....some of them got a definite rejection. Being in limbo for a couple of hours is a GOOD thing compared to that.

My Firm place has confirmed me! That means I passed my A levels!
NO - remember - these things are decided MANUALLY....someone somewhere sits down with a pile of UCAS forms and a list of results and ticks off results against offers. If your firm has confirmed you - well done! You're in! BUT don't go into School/College expecting to see a long line of A grades. Just as a lot of unis can be slow in sending decisions to UCAS, some unis are VERY quick and will not only confirm the people who met their offers but will have confirmed a whole BUNCH of people who missed their grades.

Countdown

Click here

Guides to Results Day

Click here (Overall Guide)
Click here (Guide to Track)
Click here (UCAS)

Results Day Flowchart
[credit to @PQ]

Click here

Clearing/Adjustment

Click here

Performance Analysis

Click here

Marking Timeline

Click here

Exam Papers & Mark Schemes

Click here (AQA) [Please note that mark schemes will not be available prior to results day.]
[Credit to @Absent Agent]

Click here or here (Edexcel)
[Credit to @MoonVirgo]

Helpful People*

@PQ, @Carnationlilyrose, @usycool1, @Puddles the Monkey, @Changing Skies, @claireestelle, @Nirgilis, @Slowbro93

*Well, they were helpful last year.

This one :smile:

Original post by Bijoux1801
Which first post?
Original post by Sugar_1998
yh i got my account the other week, its still open just need to set up an appointment

Oh okay thats great. thank you for letting me know! Hope results day will bring you success and good luck for uni
Oh okay thats great. thank you for letting me know! Hope results day will bring you success and good luck for uni

thanks!!! and you too
preparing for impending doom
but seriously, results day is always so disheartening for me. I work so hard and get As all year, but the pressure and panic attacks always make me perform so so poorly in real exams when I know I could do so much more:ashamed:

Spoiler

It'd be great if my school could tell us when we can collect our results, we're all assuming 9am since that's what it was for A2 last year but...no-one's said a word...
Original post by dragonsonmars
preparing for impending doom
but seriously, results day is always so disheartening for me. I work so hard and get As all year, but the pressure and panic attacks always make me perform so so poorly in real exams when I know I could do so much more:ashamed:

Spoiler

Tell me about it! I have to suffer with the pain of knowing that I could have done so well in that maths paper but at the time I was so confused and nervous! Hopefully we all get the grades we want.
Original post by smegsxo
It'd be great if my school could tell us when we can collect our results, we're all assuming 9am since that's what it was for A2 last year but...no-one's said a word...

Ours used to be 9am but our new head of year moved it to 6:45am this year. But i wish we could just get them emailed to us like other schools do :/
Eight days, and i'm less worried now than I was six weeks ago....
Original post by lucabrasi98
Ours used to be 9am but our new head of year moved it to 6:45am this year. But i wish we could just get them emailed to us like other schools do :/

Oh god that's early! But hey, at least you know!
My ideal would be 8am but I want my boyfriend there and he couldn't get in until 8:30 so 9am is probably best...I'd just like confirmation!:angry:
Original post by WeslshStudent101
Eight days, and i'm less worried now than I was six weeks ago....

Same...

Quick Reply

Latest