The Student Room Group

Abusive Relationship Help!

Hiya, I've been in an abusive relationship for nearly 6 months now. It was okay to begin with but deterioted. I'm scared of leaving in case he gets mad and does something worse. Does anyone know what i should do? Try to leave or carry on?
Original post by Anonymous
Hiya, I've been in an abusive relationship for nearly 6 months now. It was okay to begin with but deterioted. I'm scared of leaving in case he gets mad and does something worse. Does anyone know what i should do? Try to leave or carry on?

Seriously get out now, it is much worse staying in the relationship.
Get out. As soon as you possibly can.

If you feel like there is a genuine danger to your safety, go to the Police. If not, seek out your nearest domestic violence shelter, who can provide you with resources even if you don't need refuge. Make sure you have somewhere safe to go; parents' house, friend's house, etc. But do so as soon as you feel able to.
Reply 3
Okay. Do you thin there is a best way of breaking up with him.

Original post by Rock Fan
Seriously get out now, it is much worse staying in the relationship.
Reply 4
Okay. I do sometimes feel in danger but im too worried to ring the police. I have my parents to go to. Thank you for your advice.

Original post by clonedmemories
Get out. As soon as you possibly can.

If you feel like there is a genuine danger to your safety, go to the Police. If not, seek out your nearest domestic violence shelter, who can provide you with resources even if you don't need refuge. Make sure you have somewhere safe to go; parents' house, friend's house, etc. But do so as soon as you feel able to.

You know what to do. It's obvious.

GET OUT BEFORE ITS TOO LATE!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Thank you, its not that easy.

Original post by babyshawte
You know what to do. It's obvious.

GET OUT BEFORE ITS TOO LATE!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Posted from TSR Mobile

Hello, you've already made the forst step. Writing this post shows your seeking some form of help. Although it's not easy and you are terrified continuing your relationship puts you at higher risk. You need to leave. You don't need your partner and you are worth more. Please seek help if you need to then make a plan of where you will go and who to. Do it as quickly as you can. Do not fall for the "I'm sorry" "I love you" "I'll change" dribble. Just go and don't ever look back.

Good luck xx
It's sad to say, but there are several people in your position. Men, women, children...loads.

If you speak to a helpline, depending on you circumstance, they are equipped to deal with such cases.
Reply 9
Set up a camera. record him getting abusive towards you. report him to the police and show the camera footage as evidence. keep it stored on your phone. take out an injunction on him so that he stays away from you and your family and tell him that if he ever does come anywhere near you or them or threatens them that you will show the video footage to all his friends and family.

alternatively you can tell your family and get them come over to kick his ass. fact is the only way you can ever win against a bully is to fight fire with fire. let him know that you have the ability to punish and destroy his life too if he ever goes too far. you ever watch YouTube vids of bullies getting some karma? the more you beg them to stop the more they beat you. you try to walk away they just chase after you and beat you. its only when they get a taste of their own medicine and you give them a beating they won't forget that they think twice before hitting you again.
this ones my favourite, watch him crawl away like a coward lol... [video="youtube;nO34A_U48Wo"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nO34A_U48Wo[/video]
Thank you for this advice, i will take this on board.

Original post by Allie4
Set up a camera. record him getting abusive towards you. report him to the police and show the camera footage as evidence. keep it stored on your phone. take out an injunction on him so that he stays away from you and your family and tell him that if he ever does come anywhere near you or them or threatens them that you will show the video footage to all his friends and family.

alternatively you can tell your family and get them come over to kick his ass. fact is the only way you can ever win against a bully is to fight fire with fire. let him know that you have the ability to punish and destroy his life too if he ever goes too far. you ever watch YouTube vids of bullies getting some karma? the more you beg them to stop the more they beat you. you try to walk away they just chase after you and beat you. its only when they get a taste of their own medicine and you give them a beating they won't forget that they think twice before hitting you again.
this ones my favourite, watch him crawl away like a coward lol... [video="youtube;nO34A_U48Wo"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nO34A_U48Wo[/video]
Thank you, its not that easy.

Yeah it's not easy to just get up and leave. But, you have to take reasonable steps in order to set yourself free from it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The fact you know you are in an abusive relationship is good because it can make a course of action.
You should contact the police and tell your friends and family. And leave straight away, it isn't going to get better until you get out.
Locking your partner up will be a lot easier with physical evidence such as photos a bruises cuts ect. or even abusive texts (You could send the photos to a family member and delete the photo from your phone after so your partner won't see it, but your family member has it).
You need to get out of there as soon as you can, say to him that you won't be treated like this and you are leaving him. Stay with some friends or family members so you aren't alone tell the police, they are very good about domestic abuse. Try and get a restring order of you can't get him locked up. What you need to remember is, keep yourself safe, happy and health. And when he says he loves you he doesn't he wants to control you, you deserve better than that.
Okay. I do sometimes feel in danger but im too worried to ring the police. I have my parents to go to. Thank you for your advice.

If you feel in danger at any point you need to contact the police. So contact the police ASAP.
Even if it is just so they can register him as abusive so if something else happened to you, or an other girl, they have evidence against him.

Surely that is the answer go to your parents, they will surely be understanding and protect you. You cannot stay with this abusive person.
Thank you to everyone for your advice i am now out of the relationship.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending