The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1520
75 reasons muslims must stop condemning terrorism https://t.co/2CWRWHucHK
Original post by mil88
Peace be upon you

Personally, I believe this may cause issues because how would everyone agree that such a verse is now officially applicable. You may reply with "context" but one has to interpret the context in order to make a decision whether a verse can now be applied, thus requiring a opinion and thus subjective (to an extent). It is almost inevitable that people would disagree.

It''s also interesting to note that permission for such commands from God have been given by His infallible creation (eg: the Holy Prophet and in my belief, his pure household), and thus this is what we must rely on. Their command is directly from God, and therefore their say is objectified when ours isn't.

For instance, you say "i.e during war", does this include any war? Even if the Muslims are indeed incorrect (out of the parties involved). Or does this mean the war has to be an exact replica of the Prophet's situation?

Wassalaam

The leader of the Muslim community would decide with the council of those around him. Ultimately they would come to a conclusion and make a decision, so minor disagreement doesn't matter, and the final decision is with the leader. Whatever justice is done by him is rewardable by Allah and whatever injustice is accountable to Allah - this is no different to the designated military leaders under the Prophet (SAW) having to exercise their own independent judgement in situations, and it's not like the Prophet (SAW) was there with them all the time to make every decision for them, therefore there has always an element of subjectivity.

The war has to be in a similar context i.e. for the sake of Allah to defend the Islamic community as well as those non-Muslims under the protection of the Muslims. If the Muslims are in the wrong, they are still obligated to seek justice and rectify any mistakes they have made and compensate those whose rights they have taken, as was done by the Prophet (SAW) on behalf of his commanders.
Reply 1522
Original post by Al-farhan
Am I the only one having issues with chrome when pressing backspace doesn't take you back to the previous page!

It's fine for me
Original post by Tpos

I had a scroll through that earlier.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Zamestaneh
x

Supreme Leader, to war or not to war?

Spoiler

Reply 1525
Original post by IdeasForLife
I had a scroll through that earlier.

I found it a bit repetitive and so, not exactly 75 separate reasons and I found one or two things that I disagreed with too, but it's a decent, comprehensive list.
Original post by Tpos
I found it a bit repetitive and so, not exactly 75 separate reasons and I found one or two things that I disagreed with too, but it's a decent, comprehensive list.

Sadly, I don't think Muslims will learn though.
Original post by Zamestaneh
The leader of the Muslim community would decide with the council of those around him.

Did you mean 'counsel?' :beard:
Reply 1528
Sadly, I don't think Muslims will learn though.

yeh :/

How you doing anyway?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Tpos
yeh :/

How you doing anyway?

Doing oright alhamdulillah, yourself?
Reply 1530
Doing oright alhamdulillah, yourself?

all good, alhamdulillah
Original post by h333
Lol are you serious?

Yeah, why? It's only happened a couple of times though.
Original post by PrincessBO$$
What? Jinns are online?

Their not online they can just go into the Internet. It's hard to explain due to the fact that they are smokeless fire. Don't get scared their not gonna pop up. I'm just saying for future purposes of your devices are acting up. Or there's a virus you might wanna try reading some surahs if you can't get rid up the virus in other ways.
Original post by OGGUS
Their not online they can just go into the Internet. It's hard to explain due to the fact that they are smokeless fire. Don't get scared their not gonna pop up. I'm just saying for future purposes of your devices are acting up. Or there's a virus you might wanna try reading some surahs if you can't get rid up the virus in other ways.

I am very scared. Thank you very much. :redface:
Original post by PrincessBO$$
I am very scared. Thank you very much. :redface:

Why you scared for it's only a jinn we're above them:smile::u::h:
Original post by OGGUS
Why you scared for it's only a jinn we're above them:smile::u::h:

:colonhash: Yes, But i only thought jinns live in the bathroom sewers etc.
Now you are saying they can be on the internet. :K:
Original post by Tpos
It was too long to read it all.
What is wrong with condemning terrorism? If you dont it just looks like you support it and if you dont why not say so? Things like this make it easier for non muslims to say Muslims support things like ISIS. Some brothers posted before that the verses about killing can still be used. I dont agree and I think if you dont support terrorists you should condemn them. It is stupid not to.
Original post by OGGUS

Ah no wonder my internet was playing up yesterday. Was gonna get someone round to fix it but I think ayatul Kursi with a sprinkle of Zam Zam water should do the trick.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1538
Original post by guided1
It was too long to read it all.
What is wrong with condemning terrorism? If you dont it just looks like you support it and if you dont why not say so? Things like this make it easier for non muslims to say Muslims support things like ISIS. Some brothers posted before that the verses about killing can still be used. I dont agree and I think if you dont support terrorists you should condemn them. It is stupid not to.

"It was too long to read"

*goes on to ask question that article answers. In 75 ways.*

cba to answer your question if you cba to read what's given to you.
Original post by Tpos
"It was too long to read"

*goes on to ask question that article answers. In 75 ways.*

cba to answer your question if you cba to read what's given to you.
What I read didnt make sense to me. Why cant you explain it? I dont think we have to apologise because it is not our fault but why is it wrong to condemn it? I say things are wrong that are not my fault all the time.

Latest

Trending

Trending