The Student Room Group

Is transgendered toilets our future?

Is this not a moral crisis we see ahead of ourselves?

Does anybody on student room have any reservations, would you go out to protest at parliament if this became our reality?

Scroll to see replies

No. To all your questions.
Reply 3
Do you mean toilets that are transgender?

Also it's not transgendered it's transgender
It's already been implemented at the SU bar at my uni
We all have gender neutral toilets in our homes, so why not elsewhere?
Original post by BRONZEMEDAL1

Does anybody on student room have any reservations, would you go out to protest at parliament if this became our reality?

What do you mean by 'transgendered toilets'? Toilets that transgender people can use? Transgender-only toilets? Unisex/gender neutral toilets? :dontknow:

Anyway, why would this be a moral crisis? What is the issue with people going to the toilet? IMO, this isn't something so drastic it would ever need to be protested at parliament. It's just people doing their 'business' :tongue:

I have protested that toilets are unnecessarily gendered and should all be gender-neutral.
Original post by Izzyeviel

Mind=blown
Gendered toilets are a big deal for men.

Women take longer on the toilet than men. Male toilets can have urinals. This is a matter of fact - public places = big queues for womens toilets.

If all toilets became neutral, it would mean that men would have to wait a long time for toilets, I can't do the maths, but I would presume that women would wait longer too.

So my answer is - keep gendered toilets. I don't wanna queue
I am pro LGBT and think having a neutral toilet is a good idea but i think this should be alongside the separate male and female bathrooms. My reason being that there is a larger no. of straight perverts and child sex offenders. Just think of the extremes: peaking under stalls, cameras, pedophiles hanging around family restaurant toilets where kids are usually allowed to go alone. I understand that transgendered people need to feel comfortable like everyone else in using public toilets but i feel like its just going to make rape and sex crimes 100x easier :frown: - i wouldn't feel safe personally as an underage girl sharing a public restroom with adult men
However- in cases where the public toilets is just one room with 1 toilet and sink as well with an enclosed door (like disabled toilets) then those being neutral is totally fine

Posted from TSR Mobile
no. there are two genders, male and female. if you identify as male go to the male toilet, and the same for women. to segregate trans people would be very difficult and achieve nothing. it is incredibly stupid.
You're a fruit cake, no offence. It's already a big thing in american society. What happens there will happen here.

Gay men have sex in toilets. Did you know that. Unless youre gay without being personal mate, you wouldn't care if you were gay, normal people do care, genders exist for a reason and we shouldn't be sharing the same facilities, I wouldn't want my kids to be in the loo with a bunch of old pervs.

I really have to put my head in my hand at comments like this. I'm a gay man right, and yes there are instances of gay men having sex in the toilets for hooking up. But you think straight people don't have sex in public places?

Also if you're concerned about your kids seeing it, they'll see it no matter what toilets they are in. Doesn't matter whether toilets are gendered or not. And anyway, I for one have never ever in my entire life noticed someone having sex in public toilets.

Also calling people "fruit cake"s isn't going to get you anywhere. Why should we not be sharing the same facilities? You're in a cubicle.
Original post by TiernanW
I really have to put my head in my hand at comments like this. I'm a gay man right, and yes there are instances of gay men having sex in the toilets for hooking up. But you think straight people don't have sex in public places?

Also if you're concerned about your kids seeing it, they'll see it no matter what toilets they are in. Doesn't matter whether toilets are gendered or not. And anyway, I for one have never ever in my entire life noticed someone having sex in public toilets.

Also calling people "fruit cake"s isn't going to get you anywhere. Why should we not be sharing the same facilities? You're in a cubicle.

Wait, do you agree or disagree with the transgender toilet idea or are you disagreeing with the comment about public toilets being used for improper purposes.
I don't want gender-neutral toilets, guys always piss on the godamn seat :colonhash:

But they should be able to choose whichever toilet they want to. It's such a non-issue.
Wait, do you agree or disagree with the transgender toilet idea or are you disagreeing with the comment about public toilets being used for improper purposes.

I agree that we should have gender neutral bathrooms. We have gender neutral changing facilities in pools and gyms now, and no one bats an eye. Its all cubicles. They aren't going to have urinals in a gender neutral bathroom.
Don't know. Don't care.
Original post by Electrospective
I don't want gender-neutral toilets, guys always piss on the godamn seat :colonhash:

Yes this is sadly true.

Also women take so long! I don't want to forgo urinals!
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Yes this is sadly true.

Also women take so long! I don't want to forgo urinals!

And I'm not ready to see penises when I just want to check my face.
Original post by Izzyeviel

Public toilets are different to a single toilet / bathroom in your home, as they are shared rooms and have multiple toilets, which is where the issue lies.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending