The Student Room Group

Is this guy interested?

So I started a new job last week on Monday, and the place I work has two stores, one upstairs, the flagship store and one downstairs. I normally work upstairs but my colleague and I got sent downstairs so it was just us. Opposite us there is a speaker shop and there's a really hot guy there and we were both checking eachother out for hours. So I asked my colleague to go talk to him which he did, apparently he went and told him that I like him, and to change the song. He came back and a few hours later I had my lunch break so I went to go see him. We had a really nice conversation and the vibes I was getting was that he is into me. When we were talking his colleague gave him 'that' look, the kind of look you give a friend when they're about to get someone. Then I had to leave because my break was finished. Around 6 I went on a quick break again and when I came back the guy came up to me and said goodbye to me and said he'll see me tomorrow. My colleague then told me he had been waiting for 10 minutes for me and that he had already finished which definitely makes me think he's interested. The next day I went to see him again but when I went into his store he wasn't in, it was someone else so I spoke to his colleague for a bit and he was nice, then the guy I like walked in and he said 'Aren't you going to give me a hug' which I did and we talked again for awhile and he told me to come see him when I finish work. Finished work, went to go see him and asked him if he wants me to wait for him, and he mumbled something, and then said 'I don't think my girlfriend would like that' then he sat me down and showed me his phone and said 'my girlfriend changed my background' so I asked a few questions about her...and then his girlfriend walked in and he very very quickly introduced us and walked off. I'm so confused, I really like him. And now whenever I work I do say hi to him and I've been trying to talk to him alone but there's always his manager or assistant manager about. Sometimes his girlfriend comes in and gives me a really dirty look and kisses him in front of me.

So does this guy like me? Should I ask him why he was leading me along? I don't know what to do because I really do like him but I don't wanna **** up someone's relationship but I do want answers.

Thank you ☺️
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
So I started a new job last week on Monday, and the place I work has two stores, one upstairs, the flagship store and one downstairs. I normally work upstairs but my colleague and I got sent downstairs so it was just us. Opposite us there is a speaker shop and there's a really hot guy there and we were both checking eachother out for hours. So I asked my colleague to go talk to him which he did, apparently he went and told him that I like him, and to change the song. He came back and a few hours later I had my lunch break so I went to go see him. We had a really nice conversation and the vibes I was getting was that he is into me. When we were talking his colleague gave him 'that' look, the kind of look you give a friend when they're about to get someone. Then I had to leave because my break was finished. Around 6 I went on a quick break again and when I came back the guy came up to me and said goodbye to me and said he'll see me tomorrow. My colleague then told me he had been waiting for 10 minutes for me and that he had already finished which definitely makes me think he's interested. The next day I went to see him again but when I went into his store he wasn't in, it was someone else so I spoke to his colleague for a bit and he was nice, then the guy I like walked in and he said 'Aren't you going to give me a hug' which I did and we talked again for awhile and he told me to come see him when I finish work. Finished work, went to go see him and asked him if he wants me to wait for him, and he mumbled something, and then said 'I don't think my girlfriend would like that' then he sat me down and showed me his phone and said 'my girlfriend changed my background' so I asked a few questions about her...and then his girlfriend walked in and he very very quickly introduced us and walked off. I'm so confused, I really like him. And now whenever I work I do say hi to him and I've been trying to talk to him alone but there's always his manager or assistant manager about. Sometimes his girlfriend comes in and gives me a really dirty look and kisses him in front of me.

So does this guy like me? Should I ask him why he was leading me along? I don't know what to do because I really do like him but I don't wanna **** up someone's relationship but I do want answers.

Thank you ☺️

Oh and he told my colleague that he likes me as well!
Deffo ask him why he led you on
Reply 3
Original post by cherryblossoming
Deffo ask him why he led you on

I can't seem to find a time to be alone with him, and how did I bring it up?
Reply 4
Bump
Reply 5
Bump
Reply 6
Stay away. Yes you like him but he has a gf who also likes him thats in a relationship with him. Gotta move on imo im afraid.

Thank you ☺️

Honest answer ? He would like to sleep with you because he is attracted to you. Probably you are a great distraction in the day whilst he's away from his gf and suffering work boredom. Looking at a pretty girl gave him something to do at work. He is emotionally immature and lacking in self control or he wouldn't have led you on. This is the kind of person where if you took it further with him he would either go back to his girl or do the same thing to you as he has to her eventually. This is not a reliable or one- woman kind of guy . Just don't let him mess with your emotions anymore.
He is such a jerk. He totally led you on and then acted horribly when letting you down.

I think you should ignore him and pretend you don't notice him. If you do anything else you'll end up looking desperate and like a stalker. Maintain your dignity and self-respect when dealing with pigs like him.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Someone at work or near-work is not that good. Trust me it ends badly if you just want something casual. If he has a girlfriend who gives you dirty looks clearly these are bad people who are jealous. Just leave them both. If a man with a girlfriend is capable of liking you im sure there will be many more men that will, that are perhaps better.
This guy kinda sounds like a douchebag.
I can't seem to find a time to be alone with him, and how did I bring it up?

Text him? Or maybe call? Also to bring it up, maybe just say something like "So you have a girlfriend?" and go from there. Say you were surprised because you felt like he was interested in you. It sounds really awkward, but if you want to know why he led you on you gotta start somewhere.
Original post by cherryblossoming
Text him? Or maybe call? Also to bring it up, maybe just say something like "So you have a girlfriend?" and go from there. Say you were surprised because you felt like he was interested in you. It sounds really awkward, but if you want to know why he led you on you gotta start somewhere.

That's the thing...I don't have his number or any way to contact him outside of work. I figured out his Snapchat but don't wanna add him because he might think I'm stalker-ish, and I don't have Instagram or Facebook to add him on.
That's the thing...I don't have his number or any way to contact him outside of work. I figured out his Snapchat but don't wanna add him because he might think I'm stalker-ish, and I don't have Instagram or Facebook to add him on.

Ah - right. Okay, so I guess I'd say sit tight for now, then. Does he still talk to you regularly? I think that if he initiates conversation again or goes out of his way to meet up with you, you should ask him. Otherwise, there's nothing else to do but move on.
Original post by Personinsertname
Someone at work or near-work is not that good. Trust me it ends badly if you just want something casual. If he has a girlfriend who gives you dirty looks clearly these are bad people who are jealous. Just leave them both. If a man with a girlfriend is capable of liking you im sure there will be many more men that will, that are perhaps better.
This guy kinda sounds like a douchebag.

Mhm...I guess you're right. It's just hard because he was the exact kind of guy I was looking for...Arab, well spoken, good looking. The whole thing sucks, and I really want to confront him about it but don't wanna see desperate
Original post by Trottoir
He is such a jerk. He totally led you on and then acted horribly when letting you down.

I think you should ignore him and pretend you don't notice him. If you do anything else you'll end up looking desperate and like a stalker. Maintain your dignity and self-respect when dealing with pigs like him.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was thinking of playing it cool and just pretending like I don't give a ****. Because if I will see him everyday, and I don't want to act too hostile as it would just make everything a lot more awkward
Original post by banoffeee
Honest answer ? He would like to sleep with you because he is attracted to you. Probably you are a great distraction in the day whilst he's away from his gf and suffering work boredom. Looking at a pretty girl gave him something to do at work. He is emotionally immature and lacking in self control or he wouldn't have led you on. This is the kind of person where if you took it further with him he would either go back to his girl or do the same thing to you as he has to her eventually. This is not a reliable or one- woman kind of guy . Just don't let him mess with your emotions anymore.

Ah - thank you so much. And yeah I'm going to try and just leave him be. But I am pretty good friends with his colleague so if I do go see his colleague he would be there, and I can't just ignore him if you get what I mean
Original post by mmb10
Stay away. Yes you like him but he has a gf who also likes him thats in a relationship with him. Gotta move on imo im afraid.

I just wanted to know why he led me on if he does have a girlfriend and then acted like everything was cool after
Because he's an arrogant jerk.

Please ignore him and act like he doesn't exist!
Ah - thank you so much. And yeah I'm going to try and just leave him be. But I am pretty good friends with his colleague so if I do go see his colleague he would be there, and I can't just ignore him if you get what I mean

Yeah it sounds like it might be a little awkward but nothing that won't be forgotten with time. You honestly never know when you'll meet someone worthwhile, so don't get too hung up on him. One of the things I wish people had told me when I was younger it's that a lot of guys with girlfriends do play around like this and mess with the emotions of other girls in this way but that genuinely, at the end of the day, they'd be so scared to lose their girlfriend. He probably isn't 100% into her but still needs her. Do not make the mistake of thinking that means things would be any better with you if you took things further with him. He is a low-comittment kind of character, he's made that clear, distracted easily. If you did take things further it would only end in heartache and trouble for you. I know this probably isn't what you want to hear as you find him attractive, and probably more so because he's forbidden fruit, but you'll save yourself a lot of stress if you just carry on enjoying life and eventually someone worthwhile and reliable will come around.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending