The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3080
Original post by smegsxo
I did AQA for all of your subjects (PSYA and HIS3M) and I must say, psychology was quite awful for me. I was predicted AAB and need that with an A in sociology and psychology and a B in History and due to those exams I expect ACD :frown: I appear to be the only one who didn't think the SCLY4 exam was too bad though, which makes me think I did badly and everytime I think about it I remember things I didn't do and should have...good thing I don't need too many marks for an A

What were your AS grades if you don't mind me asking? Mine were ABB which I was not happy about. I did Edexcel for History by the way. Also, what sections did you do for PSYA3? I did Aggression, intelligence and Eating Behaviours. I heard that the hardest section was gender because they repeated the questions or something? I preferred PSYA3, but I didn't like PSYA4.
Reply 3081
Original post by ninjass
Inmay have got it. What did the email consist of?
They havent got your results i dont think so its probably a generic email :smile:.

When do the unis get our results? What about unis that are advertising clearing spaces? That must know in order to confirm that they have spaces?? I might be wrong though
Reply 3082
Original post by Welshgirl20
Anyone know when the WJEC as grade boundaries are released?
17th

Original post by blobby1234x
I cannot share, this could lead me to potentially be prosecuted and I do not want that to happen obvs. So if you guys think it's fibs so be it.

Yeah, we totally belive you:rolleyes:
Original post by Onica
What were your AS grades if you don't mind me asking? Mine were ABB which I was not happy about. I did Edexcel for History by the way. Also, what sections did you do for PSYA3? I did Aggression, intelligence and Eating Behaviours. I heard that the hardest section was gender because they repeated the questions or something? I preferred PSYA3, but I didn't like PSYA4.

Gosh my AS were awful, I got ABCC and had to retake part of the B and C (Psychology and History funnily enough).
I did Aggression, Relationships and Gender and I honestly couldn't answer the Gender question, it was my weakest topic that I never understood AND IT WAS LAST YEARS QUESTION:angry::angry: so I basically have no chance with my Psychology or History (which I just suck at) grades
Original post by blobby1234x
I cannot share, this could lead me to potentially be prosecuted and I do not want that to happen obvs. So if you guys think it's fibs so be it.

Well if you are telling the truth (doubt it) then why don't you share it - loads of people want to know. If you didnt want to share (dont think you have it) then KEEP IT TO YOURSELF :frown:
Original post by Onica
When do the unis get our results? What about unis that are advertising clearing spaces? That must know in order to confirm that they have spaces?? I might be wrong though

Unis get them on sunday i think
It said basically, we look forward to welcoming you to Warwick chemistry. Had a couple paragraphs about the department. Said good luck for results next week. Ended by saying they look forward to seeing me in October.
Reply 3087
Original post by smegsxo
Gosh my AS were awful, I got ABCC and had to retake part of the B and C (Psychology and History funnily enough).
I did Aggression, Relationships and Gender and I honestly couldn't answer the Gender question, it was my weakest topic that I never understood AND IT WAS LAST YEARS QUESTION:angry::angry: so I basically have no chance with my Psychology or History (which I just suck at) grades

Your AS results are not awful, trust me. I'm sure your retakes will take it up anyway. Yes, Psychology was not great and the whole country found it hard. How was PSYA4 For you? Let's hope grade boundaries are low
Original post by LazyEye
It said basically, we look forward to welcoming you to Warwick chemistry. Had a couple paragraphs about the department. Said good luck for results next week. Ended by saying they look forward to seeing me in October.

Sounds like a general good luck email to me, I don't think uni's have A-Level results yet so...
Original post by Onica
Your AS results are not awful, trust me. I'm sure your retakes will take it up anyway. Yes, Psychology was not great and the whole country found it hard. How was PSYA4 For you? Let's hope grade boundaries are low

Again not great...messed up quite a few easy questions, I did addiction and schizophrenia (though the schiz was a dream). I'm just focusing on my Sociology because I know I've got an A in that :biggrin:
Original post by LazyEye

Ohh right - thats strange as i thought unis get results on Sunday. If this email was given to you on Monday then I would have said you are accepted but I think it is a generic email

Hope to see you in Wawrick in October :smile:
I'm so worried I can't even eat anymore
Is anybody else surprised by how worried they are? I'm usually pretty chilled about exams and results day, but I'm really stressing out about these.

I think it's because for the first time there is genuine pressure, and scary consequences of doing badly (going to insurance rather than firm. Or worse going to neither! :P)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PQ
What is the exact wording on Track?

And was the B at AS declared on your UCAS form?

My school cash in AS grades in year 13 just incase people retake one. So I've got 50 points from the B I got last year in the subject I dropped.
That's the offer:

Obtain 320 UCAS tariff points to include a minimum of 2 passes at GCE A2 or equivalent by 15th August 2016.

Just found a reply I sent to the uni and they confirmed;
"For the time being however, if you know the grade you achieved you can take this off of the 320 UCAS point offer we have awarded. As noted above, we will be unable to confirm this until your college has done so in the summer"
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3094
Original post by ninjass
Unis get them on sunday i think

Oh okay. Then on Sunday I'll know the unis have my terrible results with them. I thought they got them before because so many unis are advertising clearing spaces. Maybe the clearing spaces are based on how many people accepted their offers and they may have spaces left? I don't know
Original post by Lulu1609
My school cash in AS grades in year 13 just incase people retake one. So I've got 50 points from the B I got last year in the subject I dropped.
That's the offer:

Obtain 320 UCAS tariff points to include a minimum of 2 passes at GCE A2 or equivalent by 15th August 2016.

As long as the AS was listed in UCAS as a pending grade then it will count against your offer.
Original post by PQ
As long as the AS was listed in UCAS as a pending grade then it will count against your offer.

Yeah just checked I did put it on my UCAS
Original post by ninjass
Yeahh its scary .

The bounderies for edexcel maths will be so high as well i feel. But aqa chem a2 could be the lowest of all time.

MY predictions of bounderies for the modules i did

c3 - a* 67, A - 60 , 74 for 100 UMS
c4 - a* 70, A - 65, 75 for 100 UMS
m2 - a* 66, A - 59, 73 for 100 UMS
s3 - a* 70, A - 65, 75 for 100 UMS
fp2 - A* 67, A 60, 74 for 100 ums
fp3 - a* 71, A 67, 75 for 100 ums

AQA chem empa - 39 for A*, 36 for A, 42 for full UMS
AQA chem u4 - 82/100 for a*, 74 for an A, 90 for full ums
AQA che u5 - 84/100 for a*, 76 for an A, 92 for 100 UMS

Edexcel econ u3 - 64 for a*, 56 for an a, 72/72 for full ums
Edexcel econ u4 - 79 for A*, 71 for an A, 87/100 for full ums

Now who here would be happy if my prediction was correct in th sense that they think they would have an a*?

Doubt it will be as high as 71 for an a* in fp3. Guess we'll see in a week ^^
Original post by Nahimjustaworm
Is anybody else surprised by how worried they are? I'm usually pretty chilled about exams and results day, but I'm really stressing out about these.

I think it's because for the first time there is genuine pressure, and scary consequences of doing badly (going to insurance rather than firm. Or worse going to neither! :P)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah im surprised on how calm I am although that wont last for long lol.

I agree with you - there is definte pressure and a lot hinges on these results. It was the same for me in AS as I needed high UMS for Cambridge (which i got so i got the interview). Also there are family and friends that add to the pressure. If I dont do well (which is a possibiliy) then I will have lots of family members and friedns being shocked and it will be embarassing. And plus i dont want to tell my results to people who will take the piss if I fail, However whether good or bad the results just remember you can still achive your dreams in life:smile:

Good luck!!!
Original post by target21859
Doubt it will be as high as 71 for an a* in fp3. Guess we'll see in a week ^^

The paper was sooo easy lol. But I hope you are right!!!!! What are your boundary predictions?

Quick Reply

Latest