The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3100
Original post by Nahimjustaworm
Is anybody else surprised by how worried they are? I'm usually pretty chilled about exams and results day, but I'm really stressing out about these.

I think it's because for the first time there is genuine pressure, and scary consequences of doing badly (going to insurance rather than firm. Or worse going to neither! :P)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought I'd be panicking but really it doesn't seem to be bothering me at all...
Original post by ninjass
The paper was sooo easy lol. But I hope you are right!!!!! What are your boundary predictions?

Even though I messed up an easy 5 marker on that paper I feel blessed to have done it instead of last year's 😂

Thought I'd interrupt and predict boundaries too for A*:

C3 - 67
C4 - 69
FP2 - 67
FP3 - 70 (hopefully lol)
M2 - 67
M3 - 69/70/71

Edit: tbh I have no idea for M2, M3 or FP2 but there's my guestimates
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Bubbles26
Can someone pls post the link for leaked grade boundaries pls

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think they actually have been leaked but if anyone has found leaked grade boundaries do let us know!
Original post by ninjass
Yeah im surprised on how calm I am although that wont last for long lol.

I agree with you - there is definte pressure and a lot hinges on these results. It was the same for me in AS as I needed high UMS for Cambridge (which i got so i got the interview). Also there are family and friends that add to the pressure. If I dont do well (which is a possibiliy) then I will have lots of family members and friedns being shocked and it will be embarassing. And plus i dont want to tell my results to people who will take the piss if I fail, However whether good or bad the results just remember you can still achive your dreams in life:smile:

Good luck!!!

I didn't really feel much pressure for AS results as I had no particular unis in mind; maybe that's why this year's results day has hit me so hard :P

My dad went to the same Uni as I've firmed, so I'm defo feeling the family pressure too :/

Good luck to you too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by somevirtualguy
Even though I messed up an easy 5 marker on that paper I feel blessed to have done it instead of last year's 😂

Thought I'd interrupt and predict boundaries too for A*:

C3 - 67
C4 - 69
FP2 - 67
FP3 - 70 (hopefully lol)
M2 - 67
M3 - 69/70/71

Edit: tbh I have no idea for M2, M3 or FP2 but there's my guestimates

We think the same practically!!! I would take these bounderies now.
fp2 could be lower if only 1% got the differerntial question fully correct
Original post by GabbytheGreek_48
same are you AS then?

Posted from TSR Mobile

A2
I can't believe it. Like really?
Ugh absolutely dreading results day, I know I've failed everything
Original post by Onica
That SCLY4 exam was just horrible! I feel like I'm not going to get into my firm because of that exam and plus the Psychology exams were horrible too. I need AAB for Warwick, but I think I'll end up with A*BB/C - A* in History, B in Sociology and B in Psychology. The SCLY3 exam was a dream and I feel like I can get near full marks, but SCLY4, I just did horrific in it! I'm so scared for results! Thanks AQA for messing us up

I'm not that confident for SCLY3
I really need an A in Sockology because Politics was just awful...and English I am certain I got a B
I want to go to SOAS!
Will the grade boundaries be released at midnight as usual?
Original post by Serine Soul
I'm so worried I can't even eat anymore

Same :/

Out of curiosity, what's your insurance?

I'm sure you did brilliant :smile:
Original post by Dom2375
Ugh absolutely dreading results day, I know I've failed everything

I think everyone has that feeling.. I'm dreading it to. My plan is to be the first one to arrive and then leave.

If I get ABB/AAB/AAC I would be at the temple every week.
Original post by ninjass
We think the same practically!!! I would take these bounderies now.
fp2 could be lower if only 1% got the differerntial question fully correct

Yeah that's true I'd forgot about that question, I think I did double IBP in the end.

I don't actually need an A* in FM for my course but I think I'm so close I'd still be a little annoyed if I missed out... Good luck for results day 🙏🏾
(edited 7 years ago)
How can I make myself disappear on results day?
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Same :/

Out of curiosity, what's your insurance?

I'm sure you did brilliant :smile:

Manchester, I wanted to put Imperial but my parents threatened to disown me lol

You too, it's just that this year it's the final thing, no turning back etc! :frown:
What post are the mark schemes on

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Serine Soul
Manchester, I wanted to put Imperial but my parents threatened to disown me lol

You too, it's just that this year it's the final thing, no turning back etc! :frown:

Ahh because it's a London uni and it's expensive? Respect for getting an offer though!

You revised a lot I'm sure you did amazing. At least you get to see if you go the grades for Cambridge. I have to go in and get my results and then see if I can apply for Bristol/Nottingham or not :s-smilie:
Anyone else having sleeping problems/nightmares? :biggrin:
When/where can we see examiner reports? (Thanks @MoonVirgo btw :h:)
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Ahh because it's a London uni and it's expensive? Respect for getting an offer though!

You revised a lot I'm sure you did amazing. At least you get to see if you go the grades for Cambridge. I have to go in and get my results and then see if I can apply for Bristol/Nottingham or not :s-smilie:

Yeah, and it's 'not worth moving away from home for' apparently.

Thanks, I really hope all that revision shows itself in my results :colondollar:

Ahh are you applying with a gap year? I really hope you do well! What course do you want to study?
Original post by Cluster1
What post are the mark schemes on

Posted from TSR Mobile

The very first one of this thread :smile: scroll down till you see 'Exam Papers and Mark Schemes'. Only Edexcel's are available for now though.

Quick Reply