The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ninjass
The paper was sooo easy lol. But I hope you are right!!!!! What are your boundary predictions?

69-70. 66 for M2? It wasn't that hard.
My Uni isn't going into clearing so they lowered their asking grades of AAA to ABB.

Does that mean they will be harsh and only accept those that have met or exceeded or because there is no clearing they may be lenient?
Original post by antigone-
When/where can we see examiner reports? (Thanks @MoonVirgo btw :h:)

The people who have special access to exams materials from AQA/Edexcel have said these would be available to them on 17th but I don't think they guaranteed they could retrieve them and post them on time. Public access won't be till early next year I suppose. x
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3123
Original post by Altun63
My Uni isn't going into clearing so they lowered their asking grades of AAA to ABB.

Does that mean they will be harsh and only accept those that have met or exceeded or because there is no clearing they may be lenient?

What uni?
if my AS maths and further maths modules were cashed in last year, does that mean that they cannot be rearranged and are locked in as part of A2 maths and further maths respectively - even if a certain combination would give me better grades overall?

for example, these were my modules last year:
AS maths:
C1 - 87 (lol)
C2 - 95
M1 - 99

AS further maths:
FP1 - 79 (lololol)
D1 - 98
S1 - 95

does this mean that C3, C4 and M2 MUST go to my A2 maths grade, or can D1 and D2 slide over to maths?
Original post by Aph
What uni?

Liverpool
Original post by MoonVirgo
The people who have special access to exams materials from AQA and Edexcel have said these would be available for them on 17th but I don't think they guaranteed they could retrieve them and post them in time. Public access won't be till early next year I suppose. x

Makes sense, thanks :h:
Original post by somevirtualguy
Anyone else refused to join freshers group chats or Facebook pages in the fear you might jinx your results? 😳
My year group has a group chat, needless to say everyone is *****ing themselves on it.
Original post by tanyapotter
if my AS maths and further maths modules were cashed in last year, does that mean that they cannot be rearranged and are locked in as part of A2 maths and further maths respectively - even if a certain combination would give me better grades overall?

for example, these were my modules last year:
AS maths:
C1 - 87 (lol)
C2 - 95
M1 - 99

AS further maths:
FP1 - 79 (lololol)
D1 - 98
S1 - 95

does this mean that C3, C4 and M2 MUST go to my A2 maths grade, or can D1 and D2 slide over to maths?

I would describe your school as 'incompetent' if they have not re-cashed your units, or whatever the term is (i.e the units can be moved around as per the algorithm or whatever it is that maximises both grades) so if your school offers Further Maths as a taught subject then you probably have nothing to worry about.
Did anyone do AQA English Lang Lit and study the Crucible?

I would absolutely love an A but I think I got a B :/ Which I'm really nervous over.
Original post by SeanFM
I would describe your school as 'incompetent' if they have not re-cashed your units, or whatever the term is (i.e the units can be moved around as per the algorithm or whatever it is that maximises both grades) so if your school offers Further Maths as a taught subject then you probably have nothing to worry about.

if i find out on results day that because of a cashing issue my grades have not been maximised, can i have them recashed then and there? or is my result permanent?

would it be worth emailing my school and asking them now, or will it make no difference?
(edited 7 years ago)
No im terrified... fml. im so scared :'(
Original post by Serine Soul
Yeah, and it's 'not worth moving away from home for' apparently.

Thanks, I really hope all that revision shows itself in my results :colondollar:

Ahh are you applying with a gap year? I really hope you do well! What course do you want to study?

Oh yeah I got that one from my parents too. I just want to get away from my mum tbh. Would kill for an offer from Bristol or Nottingham but I need an A in English this year because I'm doing it for A2.

Erm no I decided to retake AS and so I'm doing 2 ASs and 1 A2.. I want to do English or History preferably. Not worth moving out for according to my delightful mum :redface:
if i find out on results day that because of a cashing issue, my grades have not been maximised, can i have them recashed then and there? or is my result permanent?

would it be worth emailing my school and asking them now, or will it make no difference?

I'm afraid I don't have the answer to either of those questions and I do not want to guess.

But again, if your school offers Further Maths then you have very little to worry about, but as you made no comment on that statement in my previous post perhaps you are self teaching it. I see little harm in writing an email to your school to double check.
Original post by lawlieto
Anyone else having sleeping problems/nightmares? :biggrin:

Yes through it all! I'm hoping reality will be the opposite lol. I remember you from those Oxford threads btw! Wish you all the best :smile:
How the hell is it 7 days oh my god :/
Original post by SeanFM
I'm afraid I don't have the answer to either of those questions and I do not want to guess.

But again, if your school offers Further Maths then you have very little to worry about, but as you made no comment on that statement in my previous post perhaps you are self teaching it. I see little harm in writing an email to your school to double check.

my school does teach it - sorry. and thank you! i think i'm just overthinking things..
my school does teach it - sorry. and thank you! i think i'm just overthinking things..

That's cool, I know it is literally the worst day if anything were to go wrong that was out of your control or wasn't your responsibility. :/ good luck! :h:
Reply 3138
Original post by Altun63
Liverpool

They aren't I clearing? Why Would they do that :s-smilie:
if i find out on results day that because of a cashing issue my grades have not been maximised, can i have them recashed then and there? or is my result permanent?

http://www.furthermaths.org.uk/docs/Aggregation%20rules%20for%20HEIs%20~%20Version%203%20January%202013.pdf

Read this

Quick Reply

Latest